Random Season News

I was in FLL on a business trip. You saved $800 on airfare if you went Saturday night rather than Sunday. After visiting my friend Larry Thompson at First Baptist FLL, I went back to the Marriott grabbed head phones and went to the pool.

After about 30 minutes I heard a horrible racket, opened my eyes and there was a life raft being inflated next to me. The BOAC 111 owners convention was there. I thought those things were wiped out when Harding Lawrence was forced out at Braniff.

I was told there were hundreds flying in Africa and South America. Piss poor ripoff of the DC9

In fact, now that I think about it, TTA never had any turbo props. They had Convair 440s, but no turbo props.
It has been over 55 years, but I thought their old ones were turbo props. I remember coming in to Austin one time so violently I was considering hijacking the plane to San Antonio.

I’ve always said that Harding Lawrence set standards in business ineptitude that would never be equaled.

I will compliment him on always having an orange jet fly over the middle of the Cotton Bowl during the OU game.

I always speculated that Lawrence and Braniff helped Ben Jack Cage get Into and out of Love Field to see the OU game. The FBI knew he was coming but could never catch him. Supposedly he never missed one.

Ahh, OK. Thanks for the clarification. Now we can mourn Braniff. I still have a deck of their playing cards somewhere.
Airline pilot to Air Traffic Control: Can you give me the time?

Air Traffic Control to Airline Pilot: "Well, if you're with American Airlines it's 9:30 AM. If you're with Pan Am, it's 9:45. If you're with Braniff, it's Tuesday."

Bill,

Braniff’s “color day” had nothing to do with race. The union was at war with Braniff and being forced to work by federal mandate. Braniff baggage handlers would declare “color day”. This was done by seniority. If I had the most seniority, I would pick “pink”, and for my eight hour shift I only touched pink luggage. New guy got stuck with green because military duffle bags were green. Those things were all over the tarmac.

Braniff also had another day with different names. As much luggage as possible was crammed into a Boeing 707-730 to Lima, Peru. All the Lima luggage was then sent to Minneapolis.

The union had all kinds of gimmicks to screw with Harding.

Bill,

Braniff’s “color day” had nothing to do with race. The union was at war with Braniff and being forced to work by federal mandate. Braniff baggage handlers would declare “color day”. This was done by seniority. If I had the most seniority, I would pick “pink”, and for my eight hour shift I only touched pink luggage. New guy got stuck with green because military duffle bags were green. Those things were all over the tarmac.

Braniff also had another day with different names. As much luggage as possible was crammed into a Boeing 707-730 to Lima, Peru. All the Lima luggage was then sent to Minneapolis.

The union had all kinds of gimmicks to screw with Harding.

LOL, I guess I need to put in a emoji to show my sarcasm.

Same. Last thing i want to do when I am on a road trip is go to a smaller version of Wal-Mart.
I'm sure their jerky is top notch and all that, but its not worth the hassle of getting in and out of there.

Some other random shocking coaching changes...well, it is random anyway.

WAUKESHA, Wis. -- Carroll University athletic director Michael Schulist is proud to announce the hiring of Mike Budziszewski as the program's 30th head football coach.

Budziszewski replaces Mark Krzykowski, who stepped down after nine seasons as head coach to move into a new role in the school's athletic department. The Pioneers finished 2-8 this past season, and were 42-48 in Krzykowski's tenure, but just 7-33 in three years since moving to the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin.

Budziszewski's experience extends into the NAIA at Presentation College in South Dakota as the assistant head coach/offensive coordinator. He was a finalist for the American Football Coaches Association Assistant Coach of the Year in 2016, when Presentation finished 7-3 overall. The school ranked in the top 25 in the NAIA in pass efficiency and scoring offense per game.

Carroll sounds like tongue twister U
@zuckercanyon did you apply? It appears they only hire people with a Z in their name..
You would’ve been behind the eight ball in the interview though, apparently this new guy has two z’s in his name

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back