Random Season News

I stepped into a Pizza place called Center Court Pizza here in San Antonio, now I don't want pizza from any place else. Best pizza and wings in the city. I looked them up and they are a Texas based company with locations all over Houston. Keep in mind that Tony's in Spring is still there, but if you get a chance stop into Center Court Pizza and Brew and try it out.

I stepped into a Pizza place called Center Court Pizza here in San Antonio, now I don't want pizza from any place else. Best pizza and wings in the city. I looked them up and they are a Texas based company with locations all over Houston. Keep in mind that Tony's in Spring is still there, but if you get a chance stop into Center Court Pizza and Brew and try it out.
I'll be in Houston this weekend, Bill.
If I get a chance I may check it out.
Thanks

The real question is how in the hell did Pluckers ever even get on the list, but to beat out the most successful PC company in history is beyond absurd. Ninfa's shoulda been there before pluckers.

I can live with Shiner or Dr. Pepper, but very old huge national names and certainly very successful, but Lone Star should been higher. Back in their heyday they were huge.

The real question is how in the hell did Pluckers ever even get on the list, but to beat out the most successful PC company in history is beyond absurd. Ninfa's shoulda been there before pluckers.

I can live with Shiner or Dr. Pepper, but very old huge national names and certainly very successful, but Lone Star should been higher. Back in their heyday they were huge.
Yes. But consider Southwest Airlines. Very associated with Texas, flying only in Texas or from Texas for many years. Doing business in a very friendly Texas manner—very differently than the other airlines. Then, going national in a very major industry and now being the leading domestic carrier—that blows the doors off Shiner or Whataburger or Buc-ees.

hey, if a business grows beyond the state line, it doesn't preclude them from this. good for them.

plucker's...might as well be chili's which started on Greenville Ave by Steve Leavell et al. chili's is just as Texas as plucker's

Yes. But consider Southwest Airlines. Very associated with Texas, flying only in Texas or from Texas for many years. Doing business in a very friendly Texas manner—very differently than the other airlines. Then, going national in a very major industry and now being the leading domestic carrier—that blows the doors off Shiner or Whataburger or Buc-ees.
Originally called Tree Top ... I mean Trans Texas Airlines .... it was started by a son of the Patterson's. Those early turbo-props were scary rides in thunderstorms.

Patterson? Think Texaco.

Yes, if the Texas sun sat over Alaska for just one day, it would melt down to the size of Rhode Island
True if you counted only the dry part that is neither mountain nor tundra. Fixing to be world's largest swamp and methane producer. It and Siberia going that way means we will all be riding starving camels in the desert.

Turbo props?

How about those old DC3s backfiring with flames spitting out? Those things made the vomit comet seem like a limousine

In fact, now that I think about it, TTA never had any turbo props. They had Convair 440s, but no turbo props.

Turbo props?

How about those old DC3s backfiring with flames spitting out? Those things made the vomit comet seem like a limousine
Those are still flying. My mom's uncle who was Surgeon General of the Air Force in the mid fifties had a C47 assigned to him. Who needs a pressurized cabin?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back