Random Season News

Thanks for the correction
More detailed information about the game.

1000007529.jpg

That’s probably the right game but the date is wrong. It was October 23, 1999
I was in the house. Husker fans were NOT happy. Blamed officials, Texas cheaters, Longhorn Cheer Squad, Bevo, our water boys/girls, my children, wheelchairs in the stadium...I mean, how could ANYONE be expected to play football when wheelchairs are allowed in the stadium...

Last edited:
I was in the house. Husker fans were NOT happy. Blamed officials, Texas cheaters, Longhorn Cheer Squad, Bevo, our water boys/girls, my children, wheelchairs in the stadium...I mean, how could ANYONE be expected to play football when wheelchairs are allowed in the stadium...
I was there too with my fiance. Wonderful day.

I got to chat with Kirk Herbstreit before the game because I was helping the GameDay crew with their "procurement needs" in the south endzone. I remember it being unseasonably hot.

His argument for NU's success that day as part of his prediction was that Texas sucked against KSU, who was a "good" opponent, and it took us a quarter to get going against OU, who was a "bad" opponent, so we would struggle mightily against the Huskers in their quest for revenge for beating them on Halloween the year before. I told him that he needed to watch how well Reese's defenses did the week after a Bye.

After the game, I was running by to grab something for one of the ADs, and he made eye contact with me and yelled out "BYE WEEK!" as if he was going to mention it on the broadcast. I don't know if he did because I was poor and didn't record GameDay broadcasts, but that was a proud moment.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Back