Random Season News

I wouldn't sweat this. The Celebration Bowl is between two FCS teams, and the Camellia Bowl is MAC vs Sun Belt. Luckily for aggy, they won't get placed in the Camellia Bowl, which would be a problem for them as it potentially could feature two of their arch rivals - App State or Louisiana Lafayette.

Like the chart but wonder on what they based the per centages?

NIL, roster, notes with other " insiders" conversations with the recruit himself and the tea leaves. Not really scientific it's mostly for recruitnicks.
By all accounts Ffrench had a great LSU visit bumped OSU and has moved LSU to a virtual tie with Tx.

Ending up with zero SEC night games would be an absolute shame.

I honestly don't care if the Aggie game ends up at night (probably wouldn't help us if it did), but based on that window from the league, it looks like UGA would be our only hope.

Also looks like our first little foray into the SEC Network will be the ULM game. Minus some volleyball or soccer games probably.

upload_2024-6-11_17-30-30.png

These two show a complete lack of judgment.

No issue with 1&2 (they're probably interchangeable).

FSU... not so sure. I think the ACC is just as open as the XII this year.

KSU? With Johnson at QB? I don't know, man. There's a lot of Kleiman love out there, but I just don't see it for 2024. They go to Morgantown and Ames.

Interesting that both ND and Boise get in. I don't know if Leonard is going to be enough to get the Domers back up that high.

Cy-Fair has been bumping the 9.99 since the early 70s. They have the Berry Center, and can't afford much, if anything else.

Katy has two relatively new stadiums, but their teams don't regularly draw huge crowds. Katy & Aldine both use their big gyms for conventions and do well. Fort Bend is behind, but their teams don't draw much.

Common sense would dictate that "if you build it they will come" doesn't work in HS facilities.

Yeah all 4 of those are Collin County as well. I imagine that Central Texas and the Houston area (beyond Cypress) are going to start feeling the pressure to keep up.
This is Temple, TX stadium which hasn't changed much since I went there and graduated in '91. Population back then was around 50k. So, this is a pretty big stadium for a town that size.
Screenshot_20240612_170137_Chrome.jpg

Cy-Fair has been bumping the 9.99 since the early 70s. They have the Berry Center, and can't afford much, if anything else.

Katy has two relatively new stadiums, but their teams don't regularly draw huge crowds. Katy & Aldine both use their big gyms for conventions and do well. Fort Bend is behind, but their teams don't draw much.

Common sense would dictate that "if you build it they will come" doesn't work in HS facilities.

Maybe not in terms of seating capacity, but definitely in terms of amenities, quality, etc. Say what you will about the draw of a nostalgic barebones stadium like FNL, but kids notice the locker rooms, turf quality, etc.

Melissa just hit a population of 20K. The stadium holds 13K, but it's not the capacity of it that people rave about.

Sabre, back in early 200’s when son was at Katy the place was packed. Really surprised to hear it is not filled these days.

I am a big Scottie S. Fan. I root for him everytime he is out there. But i am prone to think that he was an a-hole driving with a cop hanging on to the car in disobedience. Am i the only one that feels this way?
Don't know and really don't care. All I do know is the cop in question was disciplined (again) by the department, and all of Scottie's charges were dropped. Because of what I do know, I'm not willing to assign a-hole status to Scottie over the incident.

EDIT: I think the guy in this video, whoever he may be, is freakin' hilarious.

If Katy plays at home, the home side is full. If Ranch or Taylor are good, they may come close. Most of the Katy & CyFair schools don't draw flies.

As for Melissa and their "palace", I doubt any kid moves out there for a locker room; I doubt anyone looks forward to "dinner" at their concession stand. Weight rooms are great for developing those kids into college players who get a free ride to college. Visitors come there every other year. Enterprising ADs rent them and large gyms out for playoffs and (Katy & Aldine) for mini conventions.

Does anyone have any numbers on the return and payoff history of revenue from the stadiums?

The facility does NOT make the program great; the fans & kids make the program great. Knowing my pride in the fact that Dave Campbell chose The Reservation as the best stadium atmosphere in the state, the food ain't good, but that old erector set stadium built in 1952, and remodeled periodically over time (mostly because the UIL in its stupidity decided the students & band had to be on the same side) has served the community well. It sells out one side, but for regular district games except Nederland the visitor's side is empty.

As far as the palaces are concerned, for me it shows the kids that the community supports them and they are important. If the taxpayers want to fund it, more power to them.

Scottie was driving in a tournanent car clearly marked. He was directed by one security guard to go around. This would make sense, as golfers arriving for the tournament are the reason for the event.
If you watch the actual footage it does not match the pizzed off security guard 's story.
The footage of the guard being drug at Pinehurst 2 is hilarious.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back