Post Left Wing looniness here

Funny. Musk asks when Cuban will put a short woman on the Mavs. Cuban responds that he would take Brittney Griner, who is 6' 9"!
Using an exception to make a point is admission of defeat. I don’t think Cuban is very smart imo.

:smile1:
upload_2024-1-6_16-37-33.png

I knew Canada was lost when it reelected Trudeau after COVID. Maybe it's just the big cities, but they are one effed up country.

William Penn was a pacifist and I think anti-slavery. This isn't an attack on racism. It is an attack on America. And Obama started it.

Elon Musk calls out Mark Cuban over DEI: ‘His hypocrisy convinces no one’ (msn.com)
Can anyone explain to me how various races get "regularly excluded"?? With every company I've ever worked for the HR dept. narrows a list of candidates down to those qualified and generally has no idea what race they are.

When it came down to the interview step, the only candidates that ever got excluded were whites because "we have to hire a minority". And I've been told a few times by independent recruiters I was the best candidate, but they had to hire a minority.

Should United hire a minority that can't fly a Hobby Lobby radio controlled plane just because they're a minority? I hope Mark Cuban gets to fly on that plane.

Another company openly discriminating on the basis of race. I fact checked it to make sure the story was real, and it is. Link.

Again, somebody needs to sue.

My corporation openly discriminates on the basis of race. Now they just announced internally that they are discriminating on the basis of age. Young generation Xers are getting certain benefits cut. Honestly, we should go back and remove all non-discrimination laws. The fact is everyone discriminates in whatever way they can get away with. Today you can only get away with discriminating against men, whites, straight people, unborn babies, Christians, or any group the woke people don't like.

My corporation openly discriminates on the basis of race. Now they just announced internally that they are discriminating on the basis of age. Young generation Xers are getting certain benefits cut. Honestly, we should go back and remove all non-discrimination laws. The fact is everyone discriminates in whatever way they can get away with. Today you can only get away with discriminating against men, whites, straight people, unborn babies, Christians, or any group the woke people don't like.
So you’re telling me it’s now cool be old and libertarian..to my relief….didn't see it listed.

Last edited:

If we're not going to apply them consistently, then yes, they should go. After all, their consistent application was part of the political bargain that led to the civil rights laws. If they were worded to only apply to certain groups, they wouldn't have passed.

If we're not going to apply them consistently, then yes, they should go. After all, their consistent application was part of the political bargain that led to the civil rights laws. If they were worded to only apply to certain groups, they wouldn't have passed.

They have never been applied consistently. Honestly, that was never the point. The language in some places was fudged for the purpose of advertising to the people. But the CRA enacted commissions that were not accountable to the government in anyway that bypassed all the amendments, regulations, laws, etc. The only use of it was to give one group privileges and take them away from others. It has worked just as planned.

This is one of the big differences nowadays. Red state cities are going the way of San Francisco and Portland. They aren't totally there yet, but they're well on their way.

Yes. During 2020 violent crime went up in all cities in America. I think the increasing trend has flattened some but it is still getting worse. Downtown Austin is becoming more and more dangerous. There are stories about violence in NYC subways or streets every week or so. This is facilitated by leftists making crime legal and weakening police forces. It is called anarcho-tyranny. The purpose is to terrorize law abiding, normal citizens and give criminals protection to perform the terrorizing.

This is what happened in the gulags by the way. The Communist state worked with mafia members and other violent criminals to punish political prisoners.

They have never been applied consistently. Honestly, that was never the point. The language in some places was fudged for the purpose of advertising to the people. But the CRA enacted commissions that were not accountable to the government in anyway that bypassed all the amendments, regulations, laws, etc. The only use of it was to give one group privileges and take them away from others. It has worked just as planned.

They haven't been applied consistently primarily because a more liberal and lawless Supreme Court was willing to ignore the plain language in the CRA and the 14th Amendment. They had their own agenda and didn't care what the law actually said or what the political bargain that led to those losses was. That led to even more activist lower courts and agency commissioners running wild.

However, we now have a Court that respects the written law more than any Court since the New Deal. I'm willing to give them a chance to end the illegality. If they fail, then I'll jump on board with dumping the laws.

Back