Post Left Wing looniness here

It wouldn't be Austin if we weren't changing the name of the airport from a war hero to a left wing nut of a president or a dope-ridden hippie singer.

That dope ridden hippie singer is my 2nd cousin, once removed, and I highly doubt he would want the airport named after him! No offense taken, as, he is a dope-ridden hippie singer, :smile1:, and he owns it.
He and my mom used to sing together way before he was even the tiniest bit popular. He also tied her to a fence post and left her for a while when they were kids growing up in Abbott.

She got married, and would drag our family to his coat and tie shows in Dallas, much to my dad's grumbling. He thought Willie's voice sounded like a cat moaning, and died totally baffled by his popularity.
Mom had a classically beautiful voice, plus stunning beauty, and was once asked to go to Hollywood to audition for the Laurie role in Oklahoma. But, having my baby brother crushed that. She never looked back, and was the most amazing mother you could ever want.

And then, Willie was discovered, got famous, and you know the rest.
His son sounds just like him, as does my mom's brother(speaking voice only) That nasal kind of voice. Their facial features are also similar, except with neatly cut hair, no years of drugs/alcohol/cigs messing up their faces!

I stand firmly with leaving the name of the airport alone.
Neither Willie, or LBJ has done squat to deserve that honor.
BERGSTROM forever!!
At least they aren't considering Ann Richards. I hope.

That dope ridden hippie singer is my 2nd cousin, once removed, and I highly doubt he would want the airport named after him! No offense taken, as, he is a dope-ridden hippie singer, :smile1:, and he owns it.
He and my mom used to sing together way before he was even the tiniest bit popular. He also tied her to a fence post and left her for a while when they were kids growing up in Abbott.

She got married, and would drag our family to his coat and tie shows in Dallas, much to my dad's grumbling. He thought Willie's voice sounded like a cat moaning, and died totally baffled by his popularity.
Mom had a classically beautiful voice, plus stunning beauty, and was once asked to go to Hollywood to audition for the Laurie role in Oklahoma. But, having my baby brother crushed that. She never looked back, and was the most amazing mother you could ever want.

And then, Willie was discovered, got famous, and you know the rest.
His son sounds just like him, as does my mom's brother(speaking voice only) That nasal kind of voice. Their facial features are also similar, except with neatly cut hair, no years of drugs/alcohol/cigs messing up their faces!

I stand firmly with leaving the name of the airport alone.
Neither Willie, or LBJ has done squat to deserve that honor.
BERGSTROM forever!!
At least they aren't considering Ann Richards. I hope.

That's a great story, and I must concur with your dad. I don't understand the appeal, but the guy is a Texas icon, and I will recognize that.

To me, it's a little like Bruce Springsteen or Rod Stewart. Whatever is so great about those guys is completely over my head. I don't get it, but millions adore them and pay money to hear them sing. Nobody's paying money to hear me sing. lol

Mr D
I have been told they pay to have you not sing.

Lol. Believe it or not, I'm not bad. I can carry a tune, though I have mediocre range - can't hit high notes as well anymore. For example, I used to be able to nail "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel. Well, I can still sing it, but in the last verse he goes to a higher key. I can't do it anymore and sound like Joe Cocker when I try.

Since NASA has no jurisdiction over payload and since the cremains don't actually touch the surface of the moon the Navaho can pound sand.

Back