Post Left Wing looniness here

Big deal. Why months to make it happen? Situation reversed the right wing nut would have been fired that day.

Agree. I'm glad she's gone, but we know she's gone because of embarrassment and backlash (which is why there was delay), not because of what she did.

In addition, I'll readily admit that firing her is somewhat of a chicken-**** move (much like when DoDEA fired their whitey-hating DEI Chief). Being an obnoxious race-hustling antagonizer is her job, so though I'm glad she's gone, she was fired for doing her job and people hearing about it. She's going to be replaced by someone just as bad but hides it better. That's not an improvement.

A true improvement would be the position being eliminated. That would help, but what I'd most like to see is the people who hired her getting fired. They are the real problem.

This is too good not to post. A tie between Apache Attack Helo and My country is run by commies.

"Academic researchers condemned students’ irreverent and offensive responses to an LGBTQ survey, claiming the pushbackindicates "fascist ideologues" are "living ‘inside the house’ of engineering and computer science."to post.
"In an articlefor the Bulletin of Applied Transgender Studies, academics from Oregon State University wrote about their shock at receiving sarcasm and mockery in response to their research into undergraduate LGBTQ students studying in STEM fields.
According to the article, when the "malicious" subjects were asked to fill out demographic data, "12 respondents (24%) indicated their gender as being related to a helicopter or aircraft" ranging from an "Apache Attack Helicopter" to a "V22 osprey." In the section declaring one’s disabilities, responses ranged from claiming to be "illiterate" to lamenting "My country is run by communists," or even declaring that identifying as transgender is a disability in itself due to "the inability to come to terms with biological reality."
more good stuff at
Researchers horrified, decry rise of 'fascism' as students send mocking responses to woke survey

Boorish ‘woke’ DEI dean who led harassment of federal judge is OUT at Stanford

Stanford cans woke DEI dean who impeded free speech and harassed a federal judge speaking at a Federalist Society event on campus.

:stanford:
ENZgptfU8AAofcl.jpg:large

77c556d9c023491ab435dae1f63f8a5f.0.jpg

This is too good not to post. A tie between Apache Attack Helo and My country is run by commies.

"Academic researchers condemned students’ irreverent and offensive responses to an LGBTQ survey, claiming the pushbackindicates "fascist ideologues" are "living ‘inside the house’ of engineering and computer science."to post.
"In an articlefor the Bulletin of Applied Transgender Studies, academics from Oregon State University wrote about their shock at receiving sarcasm and mockery in response to their research into undergraduate LGBTQ students studying in STEM fields.
According to the article, when the "malicious" subjects were asked to fill out demographic data, "12 respondents (24%) indicated their gender as being related to a helicopter or aircraft" ranging from an "Apache Attack Helicopter" to a "V22 osprey." In the section declaring one’s disabilities, responses ranged from claiming to be "illiterate" to lamenting "My country is run by communists," or even declaring that identifying as transgender is a disability in itself due to "the inability to come to terms with biological reality."
more good stuff at
Researchers horrified, decry rise of 'fascism' as students send mocking responses to woke survey
The feel good story of the day.

Agree mc
AND here is another. Again it is Stanford second today.
A Stanford Freshman journalism student dug and dug and found out the President manipulated his research papers so the Pres is having to resign.
"The issues with Tessier-Lavigne’s research were brought to light in large part due to the work of reporters at The Stanford Daily, who reported tirelessly on this issue for nearly a year. Teen Vogue called Theo Baker, 18, the Stanford first-year who published multiple investigations into Tessier-Lavigne’s history, to learn more about how the school newspaper landed a scoop that ultimately became national news."
Stanford President Resigns After Reporting From Freshman Journalist Theo Baker

Last edited:
Agree mc
AND here is another. Again it is Stanford.
A Stanford Freshman journalism student dug and dug and found out the President manipulated his research papers so the Pres is having to resign.
"The issues with Tessier-Lavigne’s research were brought to light in large part due to the work of reporters at The Stanford Daily, who reported tirelessly on this issue for nearly a year. Teen Vogue called Theo Baker, 18, the Stanford first-year who published multiple investigations into Tessier-Lavigne’s history, to learn more about how the school newspaper landed a scoop that ultimately became national news."
Stanford President Resigns After Reporting From Freshman Journalist Theo Baker

Great reporting by that kid. Hopefully he doesn't get bought out / compromised in the future. Real journalist there

Sounds like the (actual) liberals are pushing out the leftists at Stanford. That's a good thing.

Maybe keep one commie in the economics dept just to present a different viewpoint.

I heard a JD Powers rep on a radio car show yesterday who said the #1 reason people buy electric is because over 85% love the convenience of charging at home. The #1 reason people who are interested in electric but wont buy is the inability to charge at home due to so many living in multi unit housing. There's no where to charge 250 cars at an apartment complex or on the streets of NYC.

For whatever reason I didn't think about that and with the Cali mandate on the calendar how are they going to get electricity to charge roughly 2 million cars in Los Angeles that park at apartments or condos?

Vol
And no EV advocate has addressed that problem, Instead they are pushng to eliminate single family homes .
NOR where the electricity is to come from. The entire country power grids are stretched razor thin for next decades as population increases and push for green energy increases.

ENVX (this is the ticker symbol) battery tech will help, but probably not for another 5 years or so.
and by that time fuel cell technology will be gaining traction. Fuel cell technology is the future until someone figures out how to recharge batteries through the air without causing electrical interference.

Simple.
Hydrogen breaks down to produce energy and water. Use the energy in the engine and water/water vaper runs out the tailpipe. It is so safe that all space capsules since the very first used fuel cells to produce electricity.

A little more detailed.

Hydrogen is a clean fuel that, when consumed in a fuel cell, produces only water. Hydrogen can be produced from a variety of domestic resources, such as natural gas, nuclear power, biomass, and renewable power like solar and wind. These qualities make it an attractive fuel option for transportation and electricity generation applications. It can be used in cars, in houses, for portable power, and in many more applications. Hydrogen is an energy carrier that can be used to store, move, and deliver energy produced from other sources. Today, hydrogen fuel can be produced through several methods. The most common methods today are natural gas reforming (a thermal process), and electrolysis. Other methods include solar-driven and biological processes.

A picture.

upload_2023-7-24_8-18-55.png

Someone, I’m thinking Toyota, was going into fuel cell heavily several years back but difficulties caused them to back off. Anyone know more on this, or am I totally off base?

Viper
Thank you. I actually understood that.:headbang:
It seems so logical so why haven't mfgs used fuel cells.
Shouldn't the Greenies be calling for them.

Viper
Thank you. I actually understood that.:headbang:
It seems so logical so why haven't mfgs used fuel cells.
Shouldn't the Greenies be calling for them.
Viper gave you the sunny side of hydrogen fuel cells, but there are still many problems associated with manufacturing H, safe storage of H, and other issues with mass production of the cells themselves. It's not all unicorn rainbow farts just yet.

I will do some research on fuel cells. It sounds so good on the surface . So that auto makers aren't considering using them.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back