Post a photo you took

Like others, late to the game / only recently discovered this thread.
The ONLY photo I'm going to post that wasn't taken by me is the one @ The Ballpark in Arlington. It is so freekin' crisp on the lines, it almost looks like that's a faked backdrop. But it's real.

Junior Brown, SXSW, 2001
with his Guit Steel...
JuniorBrownSXSWMar2001.jpg

texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif

San Juan National Forest. Let me tell you, this is one long drink of water (the horse, that is). He's dead now, but was a full son of Seattle Slew & while he didn't race, did set track records (training) @ Houston. Sonny Slew Leader.
RockyMountainAdventure1.gif

What little kids do best. Not to make this a depressing series, but this ¼Horse passed away between West Nile vaccinations (last one with an expired animal). The little girl on the R is 13 now.
Courtney-Becky-Shadowstail.jpg

Mare's name is Lisa. Look @ the white markings on her neck... it's like a Bev Doolittle picture - she has a horse on her. A horse within a horse.
Image032.jpg

texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif

Hard to frame & take... I set the camera up on a tripod & have the remote in my R hand with the notepad. Didn't know if the range & location would work. Yup, me in the middle.
MarkReachingLtoLisaLowerCompression.jpg

texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif

I had been in Amarillo 2 years ago; they had a whopping haistorm with softball sized hits. The customers only wanted 'locals' for repair work on their roofs, so after 10 days of that, I headed for Austin. About 75 miles SE of there, I came across this cloud formation... it looks to me like a hand pointing towards Austin, telling me it's time to go home.
TheWayHome.jpg

texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif

My Dad getting his hair cut by "Toad"... supposedly this guy has been cutting hair across the street from VMI for about 30 years. I have 3 others but like the composition of this one best.
ToadHaircut02.jpg

texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif

that sucks. I guess that makes me Haley Joel Osment.

try now. if still nothing, well, those are the most kick-*** pictures of red Xs you'll ever see.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Back