Post a photo you took

I'm late to the party because I've had trouble uploading to the internet the last few months, but here are a couple of recent favorites. The first one is a picture on town lake the other is of my son.

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

Don't worry tropheus, your boy won't **** his pants forever. I have this vision of you and the misses driving behind him while he walks. Can't get **** on the leather interior right?

PacSER -- pretty funny stuff. I thought about photoshopping the color of his pants to be all brown because I thought some demented guy like yourself would see crap rather than mud...

Since you added your interpretation, I'll explain why I like that photo - sometimes we see things that don't make sense, a merger of two concepts that shouldn't go together, that's what I saw there. I saw a beautiful young child with no sense of the difficulty of life walking down an empty yard with his head hung low almost like you'd see from a grizzled old man who knows the difficulty of life all too well walking down the tracks for hours and hours. The feeling I got in that moment wasn't shame, but fatigue, the fatigue an old soul might feel after a lifetime of bad breaks... the prloblem though, a child that young can't feel that.

As for what he was really doing -- he was just exploring the lot we're building a house on -- just getting dirty and having a good time. At this moment he was eagerly walking with his eyes on the ground trying not to fall down again. I saw the two concepts coming together, set the camera for an slight underexposed setting to make it seem more twilight and took it. I was happy with my execution because all too often, the moment slips away even with the ease of a digital camera.

I did the same thing with the rower, that was taken at about 10am, overcast sky with a shot toward the east. Slightly underexposed and I ended up with a near black and white silhouette.

This has been my favorite thread for quite a while. I check it every time I see it back at the top. The pics from some of you are absolutely amazing! I wish I were traveling to some picturesque places to try to capture some of the imagery you all have.

Here is my latest, now that I have finished messing with my end of summer pics. These are of Lostbaby2 nailing a 180 on the knee board for the first time. He spent most of the month of July trying to get it.
IMG_3955cm.jpg

IMG_3956cm.jpg

IMG_3957cm.jpg

IMG_3958cm.jpg

And a better shot after the second time!
IMG_3964cm.jpg

Amazing thread. I really wish I was half as accomplished with a camera as half of you guys. No contributions unfortunately. Extremely jealous but overall outstanding.

Nothing but praise, schnarkle, for starting this.
hookem.gif

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Back