OTHER GAMES

Other interesting line for next week is Hawaii as a pick'em against a SHSU squad that got absolutely housed by UCF.

Last edited:
Other interesting line for next week is Hawaii as a pick'em against a SHSU squad that got absolutely housed by UCF.
Bows have a good QB and pretty good coaching. They showed up well against UCLA. They don’t seem to suck as bad as in recent years. But I’ve learned not to take anything for granted with any Hawaii football team ever.

Bows have a good QB and pretty good coaching. They showed up well against UCLA. They don’t seem to suck as bad as in recent years. But I’ve learned not to take anything for granted with any Hawaii football team ever.
Which is why I'm surprised at the PK. I expected them to be -7 or more...

mb,

As a bettor, study the teams that play on the island, and their history the following week. Very revealing.

Which is why I'm surprised at the PK. I expected them to be -7 or more...
Yeah. I’d take Da’ Bows. I don’t know if Sam’s secondary can keep up against Hawaii’s QB. Hawaii also looked tougher than normal against the Bruins. Stuff they historically suck at (tackling, blocking, fundamentals), don’t look so bad this year. Well, their blocking could still stand to improve.

Yeah. I’d take Da’ Bows. I don’t know if Sam’s secondary can keep up against Hawaii’s QB. Hawaii also looked tougher than normal against the Bruins. Stuff they historically suck at (tackling, blocking, fundamentals), don’t look so bad this year. Well, their blocking could still stand to improve.
Still, the level of athletic competition from UCLA to Sam Houston is quite a drop.

Denver gets two safeties against Seattle in the first half. The first one came when Seattle was called for holding in the end zone. The second one came on a dive play that did not make it out of the end zone.

Last edited:
Rodgers tries to come back from Achilles tear on MNF tonight against the 49ers. . . .Rodgers leads Jets on impressive TD drive, mostly passing, on his second possession. . . . 49ers comfortably ahead with 4 minutes to go. Jake Moody is 6 for 6 in FGs.

Last edited:
Still, the level of athletic competition from UCLA to Sam Houston is quite a drop.
'Kats now a 4.5 point favorite.

Other games have also seen some big moves, including the Texas game.

I need to fund a Louisiana account...I hate missing out on this early-week easy money.

I hadn't seen any news on this, perhaps I missed it.

The board may be interested to know Tom the Herman is now 0-2 on the season after being thoroughly spanked by Army last week. The Herminator goes for win #1 of 2024 when they play Florida International, another winless team.

Can Binder Boy break through?

Phil,

I don't think Third Ward wants him back. They have now done better. While this was the worst performance I've seen by an OU team against a "gimme team", they did hang with OU to the end in Norman. Problem out on Cullen is no leadership top to bottom in the administration.

Did you see their embarrassing attempt to coverup the unlivable conditions in the dorms and/or the robberies?

aggies as a 4.5 point favorite @ Florida has my attention......I think the Gators shut that very avg aggie offense DOWN! Florida wins outright!

Lane Kiffin has Nick Saban;

Herman has ??? ??? ??? That's right, his best friend turned down the opportunity to be his DC in Austin to stay on a sinking ship in Baton Rouge

With rare exception, annointing a successful coach requires, at a minimum, five years of proven success and often a bit more. Herman was in the right place at the right time and his passion spilled over enough to (temporarily) elevate the Coogs to a level which was unsustainable. As a result he became the hot coaching commodity and unfortunately the Longhorns outspent our friends from Baton Rouge and the rest is history. What did it say about Herman? He's a very average coach whose bluster can fool some people into believing he's something much more than that......kinda of like Deion (although labeling him as average is a real stretch).

Tom H -- could make a decent OC at a mid-major level school. We're talking Tulsa, UL-Monroe, Fresno St, Rutgers, San Diego St, etc.

He's not leader-of-program material, but he has a decent offensive mind.

Like Charlie, not a natural head coach, but good at defensive position coaching and even DC.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back