OTHER GAMES

Hoff,

That's only part of the story. Kinne was indeed Traylor's QB at Gilmer and his dad was Traylor's assistant. Kinne's dad took the HC job at Canton and took GJ with him. Some hard feelings about that. The father of an OL in Canton was unhappy that his kid wasn't getting enough playing time, and went to see Coach Kinne, BUT he took his two friends - a Mr Smith & Mr Wesson. He shot Coach Kinne, who survived but had a pretty lengthy recovery. In the interim, GJ went back to Gilmer.

GJ committed to Baylor and to Texas, then transferred to Tulsa when Montgomery went there. He's kinda the last of those HS coaches' kids that have done reasonably well in college - Harrell, Briles et al.
Sabre,

That's a classic!!! I've been around these parts for a while. Didn't have that on my Bingo Card. Thanks you for the insight!

Peppers was great, and then Tillman bought it. I remember when my daughter was in cheerleader camp at SWT, and I was the only father there. I discovered NONE of the mothers had given any thought to feeding the girls after camp was over. I went over to Peppers and I told the manager I needed a reservation for 1 o'clock for about 50 people. He told me they didn't do reservations, only first come, first serve. I handed him a hundred dollar bill, and he asked, "how many was that again". Food was good, service was great, and we didn't have to move our cars or wait.

WOW!.....Jake Smith....remember him as a young WR Longhorn....then USC....now is on the field for Arizona St!

That feels like a lifetime ago!!!!

Good Luck to him!!!

Hoff,

Thanks, I hadn't remembered him or realized it was him. Don't know how I could forget him with the lovefest so many on this board had with him.

Bills (on the road) are killing the Dolphins and knocked Tua out of the game with a concussion (his fault, he didn't slide on a fourth down run when he had already made the first down).

That's a game that will make you stop gambling with 42 points on the board at halftime and couldn't get to 60!!!!

Vegas is Vegas 59.5
That’s why I stopped gambling or stopped considering it. I would be mostly accurate but some one-off play prevented from me winning. If I could make money being 80% accurate, I would be a billionaire.

Here comes a first; I have never said anything nice about UNLV, BUT

I really like their unis tonight; Kansas, not so much. KU looks like someone turned Mrs Johnson's first grade class loose with the LARGE box of Crayola's to help the woke wackos at Addidas.

Saturday, Sept. 14

A below-average slate of games tomorrow. Next week, conference play will be in full swing so there will be a lot more good match-ups.

12 p.m. | No. 4 Alabama at Wisconsin | FOX

The Tide rolls, even in the Great Lakes.

12 p.m. | Arkansas State at No. 17 Michigan | Big Ten Network

Big Blue takes their frustrations out on hapless Ark St.

12 p.m. | No. 13 Oklahoma State at Tulsa | ESPN2

Pokes are good, but are always prone to trap games early in the season.

12 p.m. | No. 16 LSU at South Carolina | ABC/ESPN+

? Bengals have the hosses, but I dunno about this one.

12 p.m. | Louisiana Tech at NC State | ACC Network

?

12 p.m. | Central Michigan at Illinois | Peacock

Bielema brings his D. U of I ain't bad.

12 p.m. | Memphis at Florida State | ESPN

FSU is really sucking this year.

12 p.m. | Cincinnati at Miami (Ohio) | ESPNU

Battle for the #2 team in Ohio. Cincy this year.

12 p.m. | North Texas at Texas Tech | FS1

Tech gets it together. No Abilene Christian sort of game this week for Tech.

12:45 p.m. | No. 24 Boston College at No. 6 Missouri | SEC Network

I'm not sure about either of these teams, but Mizzou is supposed to be really good? I'm never sold on BC.

3:30 p.m. | No. 18 Notre Dame at Purdue | CBS/Paramount+

Domers.

3:30 p.m. | No. 9 Oregon at Oregon State | FOX

Ducks.

3:30 p.m. | Ball State at No. 10 Miami (Fla.) | ACC Network

Canes--all the sudden a top 10 team again, and looking pretty solid...........

3:30 p.m. | Tulane at No. 15 Oklahoma | ESPN

OU wears them down. Prob not a blow out.

3:30 p.m. | VMI at Georgia Tech | ESPN+/ACC Extra

Ga Tech

3:30 p.m. | Texas A&M at Florida | ABC/ESPN+

UGLY game. Very UGLY game. U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi, you ugly, yeah yeah you ugly!

3:30 p.m. | Prairie View A&M at Michigan State | Big Ten Network

Spartans (c'mon MSU AD...)

3:30 p.m. | Nevada at Minnesota | Big Ten Network

Minnesota.

3:30 p.m. | Washington State at Washington | Peacock

Dogs, Dawgs, canines.

3:30 p.m. | West Virginia at Pitt | ESPN2

Backyard brawl. WV this year.

4 p.m. | Troy at Iowa | FS1

Good D leads Iowa to the W.

4:15 p.m. | UAB at Arkansas | SEC Network

Pigs.

4:30 p.m. | No. 12 Utah at Utah State | CBSSN

Da Yoots

6 p.m. | North Carolina Central at North Carolina | ESPN+/ACC Extra

Mack gets it on track.

6 p.m. | Tiffin at Lenoir-Rhyne | FloSports

This one sounds like a travelling exhibition at an art museum or something....

6:30 p.m. | No. 5 Ole Miss at Wake Forest | CW Network

Ole Miss. The Rebels are approaching a high point they haven't seen since Chancellorsville.

7 p.m. | Hawai'i at Sam Houston | ESPN+

Da Bows. The betting line is on crack for this game. Bows hung with a highly talented UCLA team. Hawaii has good QB'ing and good coaching too, and for the first time in many decades they look like they can block and tackle.

7:30 p.m. | No. 1 Georgia at Kentucky | ABC/ESPN+

Dogs. I'm interested to see what KU has got.

7:30 p.m. | New Mexico at Auburn | ESPN2

AU. But they still suck.

7:30 p.m. | Toledo at Mississippi State | ESPNU

Other dogs.

7:30 p.m. | Indiana at UCLA | NBC/Peacock

U-C-L-A, U-C-L-A Fight! Fight! Fight! (cue the trombones!)

7:30 p.m. | UNI at No. 23 Nebraska | Big Ten Network

Corn

7:30 p.m. | Air Force at Baylor | FS1

Hopefully the fly boys get 'er done in Waco.

7:30 p.m. | Colorado at Colorado State | CBS

CSU. Big grudge match. Not much love between these two teams.

7:30 p.m. | UCF at TCU | FOX

TCU. A good test for Dykes and this year's Frogs.

7:45 p.m. | Kent State at No. 7 Tennessee | SEC Network

little ut

8 p.m. | Maryland at Virginia | ACC Network

The state on the Chesapeake will win this one.

8 p.m. | Rice at Houston | ESPN+

Bayou bucket. Coogs.

9 p.m. | BYU at Wyoming | CBSSN

I know this from knowing a number of Wyoming natives. There's a big cultural divide in Wyoming that this game symbolizes. Central and Eastern Wyo heathens prevail tomorrow over the "Saints" in the Western 1/3 of the State.

Florida’s flashy freshman QB gives them a shot at home today against the ags.

Does Matt Rhule have a recovery brewing in Lincoln? Those NU fans are hungry.

Colorado St pounding The Prime Family into further irrelevance would be fine with me. I only feel for the rest of the players that thought they came to Boulder to play a team sport with actual coaching.

Where is Georgia’s weakness this year? Do they have any?

Tulane at OU. It’s early but the Green Wave played K-State close and handled SE Louisiana 52-0 so maybe they give boomer a fight today. Or they get rolled hard, idk.

Is Mizzou top 10? Shutouts over Buffalo and Murray State don’t tell me anything other than they have no shame in scheduling.

Do we want Miami to be good? I’m not sure I want Miami to be good. Did you know Mario Cristobal makes $8M per? Damn.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back