OTHER GAMES

Georgia up on Tenn 17-7. Time for Tenn to do something if they plan to stay in the game. . . but Ga forces a punt.

Imagine the unrelenting pressure year after year on the Iowa defense. This week, for example, they are 8-2, rated number 16, and are at home against 5-5 Illinois but are only favored by 3 because there's never any guarantee they can score much in any game (they trail 10-9 to start the second half).

Oregon does not appear to play down to their competition
I looked at a few sites and we have a better SoS than Oregon. Most of the sites have us top 25 SoS and Oregon are barely top 50 in most of them.

Not saying that we are better than them but I don't understand how they are ranked above us since they lost to the only real team they faced this year.

Imagine the unrelenting pressure year after year on the Iowa defense. This week, for example, they are 8-2, rated number 16, and are at home against 5-5 Illinois but are only favored by 3 because there's never any guarantee they can score much in any game (they trail 10-9 to start the second half).
Please don't ever remind me of the Fred Akers era again.

Clemson beating Mack 14-7 at the half.
Did you think he scored the TD? I thought his left knee was down live. Replays they circle his knee down as the ball crosses the goal line but you gotta back that up frame by frame until you know when his knee actually went down, not that it was down as the ball crosses the goal line. That proves nothing. And the announcers are completely clueless. They're like see the ball is over the goal line when the knee is down. Never ask the 64K question of when did the knee actually go down. geez.

I looked at a few sites and we have a better SoS than Oregon. Most of the sites have us top 25 SoS and Oregon are barely top 50 in most of them.

Not saying that we are better than them but I don't understand how they are ranked above us since they lost to the only real team they faced this year.
Be nice if we'd kept those 20 point leads. We may miss out on the playoffs from getting too conservative. I really feel we need FSU to lose in the CCG although that seems unlikely. I guess the other thing is a 1 loss Bama beating Georgia. Do they pass us? That's gonna suck. Course if we don't take care of business tonight it doesn't matter. By the eye test right now we are not top 4.

Be nice if we'd kept those 20 point leads. We may miss out on the playoffs from getting too conservative. I really feel we need FSU to lose in the CCG although that seems unlikely. I guess the other thing is a 1 loss Bama beating Georgia. Do they pass us? That's gonna suck. Course if we don't take care of business tonight it doesn't matter. By the eye test right now we are not top 4.
TBH, that ship has sailed for me. The narrative the past couple of weeks has been the Alabama team Texas beat in week 2 is not the same team now.

The committee has clearly shown that they feel Texas is not worthy of a playoff berth. I wouldn't be surprised if Alabama jumps Oregon after next week to set them up for a playoff spot if they beat Georgia in the SEC championship game.

I will be happy with a 12-1 record and a Big XII Championship. Then a nice bowl victory heading into next season.

TBH, that ship has sailed for me. The narrative the past couple of weeks has been the Alabama team Texas beat in week 2 is not the same team now.

The committee has clearly shown that they feel Texas is not worthy of a playoff berth. I wouldn't be surprised if Alabama jumps Oregon after next week to set them up for a playoff spot if they beat Georgia in the SEC championship game.

I will be happy with a 12-1 record and a Big XII Championship. Then a nice bowl victory heading into next season.
If FSU loses and we win out, think we are in. Let's say Bama beats Georgia, you really going to put Georgia ahead of us when they lost to the team we beat? Won't make any sense. But if FSU stays undefeated you're going to have the winners of the SEC, PAC, ACC, and Big in the playoffs. I don't see any way around that. I don't think they're taking 2 out of any conference if they can avoid it so I'd like our chances if FSU loses. But a 1 loss PAC, SEC, or Big conference winner is going ahead of us for sure. So Washington losing really doesn't help much. It's FSU or bust. If Oregon lost next week and then beat Washington that would help, but that's not to happen.

If FSU loses and we win out, think we are in. Let's say Bama beats Georgia, you really going to put Georgia ahead of us when they lost to the team we beat? Won't make any sense. But if FSU stays undefeated you're going to have the winners of the SEC, PAC, ACC, and Big in the playoffs. I don't see any way around that. I don't think they're taking 2 out of any conference if they can avoid it so I'd like our chances if FSU loses. But a 1 loss PAC, SEC, or Big conference winner is going ahead of us for sure. So Washington losing really doesn't help much. It's FSU or bust. If Oregon lost next week and then beat Washington that would help, but that's not to happen.
Maybe Oregon St helps us out and wins tonight and next weekend then Washington loses in the championship game giving the PAC 12 a two lose champion.

UCLA puts on a great drive and scores another TD. 38-13. This loss will make it five losses in the last six games for USC. Wow.

Recent Threads

Back