OTHER GAMES

We have to play at Ames in a few weeks. Seriously—the coaches and equipment manager(s) need to check this out. That Jack Trice Stadium grass is absurdly lush and thick. The visiting players are slipping on it. You need special cleats or something to play on that jungle grass.

Old school long cleats @ ISU, like I used to wear 52 years ago.

These two had better fix their defenses before they go to the Big 10. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, etc will obliterate them.

:usc::uw:

USC just ran a beautifully designed flea flicker pass to wide open wr for a td. it was perfectly performed. The end around receiver looked for sure he was trying to run but flicked it back to C Williams who made an easy pass. Kudos to Riley. Ya'll should see that if you can. I'm envious.

So the sc db’s can’t cover anyone, and the d-coordinator’s solution is to rush three. I’ve never heard or seen such a thing

We have to play at Ames in a few weeks. Seriously—the coaches and equipment manager(s) need to check this out. That Jack Trice Stadium grass is absurdly lush and thick. The visiting players are slipping on it. You need special cleats or something to play on that jungle grass.
I don’t know if this really happened, or if it’s just an urban legend, but I’ve heard that way back, Ohio State was the visiting team at a stadium that obviously was growing the grass WAY TOO HIGH. So Woody Hays had some staff guys run down to Sears and get a few lawnmowers and they started mowing it during the warmups.

I heard another urban legend, from this paranoid weirdo I know, that we watered our field down this one time to make it swampy for a game.

the offenses for USC and WASHINGTON are sor proficient it ain't funny. It's like they are playing HS defenses.
oops Caleb just fumbled. haha

the offenses for USC and WASHINGTON are sor proficient it ain't funny. It's like they are playing HS defenses.
oops Caleb just fumbled. haha
These two offenses are good for 30-40 points per game against a good D.

But these two defenses are both horrendous at tackling. That’s an extra 2 touchdowns per team.

LSU scores to take the lead on Bama at the start of the second half . . . Bama comes right back to tie it again

Last edited:
LSU scores to take the lead on Bama at the start of the second half . . . Bama comes right back to tie it again
Remember when we used to hear ad nauseum about how great the defenses are in the sec, sec, sec?
LSU had 324 yds at halftime and Bama had 290. At HALFTIME! The game looks like a track meet.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Back