OTHER GAMES

I'm watching MNF, trying to figure out why the Cowboys' all-white unis look so ****** when ours look so awesome. Any theories?

Last edited:
1eb46bf1d04dd0d5b1b17f9ca884cf92.jpg

Icy whites...

Lol Jerry Jones didn't design these either. They're 1960 throwback unis. And I hate them.
They are throwbacks that Jerry approved. If they were correct throwbacks the blue on the sleeve would have stater at the neck and run down over the shoulder pad.

This whole throwback thing is a marketing ploy. It must work. Every team does it every year.
At least the Cowboys won even if unis were ugly.

I like them okay. They are better than a lot of others.
Something made me think of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders uniforms....

Who to root for: Week 8 edition
UCF @ OU: as much as it pains everyone, the Sooners going undefeated into a rematch in the CCG would be better for us to prevent unfortunate tiebreakers. If they're going to lose, it needs to be to a better team to "not hurt" us as much.
BU @ Cincy: We beat them.
OK State @ WVU: One of the more interesting games because it's less predictable and we play neither. I like seeing Gundy get flustered, but I also don't like the Mountaineers. I'm thinking WVU is a better defensive team than OK State.
Tech @ BYU: Since BYU got embarrassed last week, and we close out the season with Tech.
TCU @ KSU: Was a good matchup last year but this year it doesn't really help/hurt either way. This one could be a coin flip but I'd like to see what TCU can do to build upon last weekend.

One other important game this weekend - Air Force at Navy. This is the first big step for USAFA to win the C-i-C trophy. USAFA will have to go with the backup QB this weekend. I feel a bit less confident that I did this time last week.

Friday 10/20/2023

SMU at Temple - Ponies

Saturday 10/21/2023

#7 Penn State at #3 Ohio State -- The headliner game. It's one evil empire vs. another (even more) evil empire in this one. Buckeyes prevail as the lesser of two evils.

UCF at #6 OU - Sooners

Okla State at WV - Mullet pulls the semi-upset on the road

TCU at Kansas State - Battle of the Purple teams. Flip a coin. I hope the Frogs prevail.

Texas Tech at BYU - tough one to call. Tech uses those guns to continuously shoot themselves in the foot. BYU isn't as good as normal. ???

Baylor at Cincinnati - A matchup of two 2-4 teams; a double dumpster fire :dumpster::dumpster:

North Texas at #23 Tulane - The Wave is cresting and about to barrel

#22 Air Force at Navy - potential upset here. Probably ugly and low scoring.

Miss State at Arkansas - Pigs finally find a way to win

#17 Tennessee at #11 Alabama - Big game down South. These teams and fan bases do not care for each other. Tenn has some explosiveness. Bama finds ways to win (except against orange teams named UT...)

#13 Ole Miss at Auburn - Lane keeps the Rebels moving up the charts

South Carolina at #20 Missouri - Missou looks pretty good this year. That coach is good.

Army at #19 LSU - we could hope...

#2 Michigan at Michigan State - Big Blue way outclasses the Spartans, but this is a rivalry game, and it's at E. Lansing.

Minnesota at #24 Iowa - the over under line is running pretty low on this one...

Wisconsin at Illinois - probably Wisconsin.

Rutgers at Indiana - :dumpster:

#14 Utah at #18 USC - Exactly One of these teams is fundamentally sound, plays tough in the trenches, and can tackle. The other remains dangerous as an explosive offense that can ignite at random.

#25 UCLA at Stanford - offense on display out West

Washington State at #9 Oregon - danger for the Ducks

Arizona St at #5 Washington - Dogs maul the devils

#16 Duke at #4 Florida State - Duke is primed for the upset. Keep an eye on this game.

Clemson at Miami - at the start of the year, this game would've meant something

UVA at #10 UNC - Mack just keeps on moving up. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Pitt at Wake Forest

Hawaii at New Mexico - a game the Bows can win.

Last edited:
#22 Air Force at Navy - potential upset here. Probably ugly and low scoring.
As I said earlier, with the Falcons playing the backup QB, I'm a bit worried. USAFA still favored by 10, but I really am on upset alert. Falcons were headed for a very nice season, with a slight chance to go undefeated - guess we'll have to see if the backup QB can do the job.

"Preston Stone really dominated his performance against Temple as he threw the ball for 300 yards with 2 touchdowns and rushed for 25 yards and a rushing touchdown. SMU really played well with both sides of the ball. Roderick Daniels Jr. returned a punt for a score. SMU piled up 563 yards of offense, while holding the Owls to 131. This is a major blowout game for SMU by 55-0!!!"

A back up QB is always a question mark. Has he played at all?
And just as important how is Your D?
By the reports I've seen, the backup QB is a senior with very little game experience. He fumbled in the game last week, and it led to a TD for the opponent.
As for the Falcon defense - they have excellent defensive stats, among the national leaders. BUT - that is slightly misleading. The Air Force offense normally monopolizes Time-of-Possession, leaving much less time for the opponent to play offense..

USAFA/USNA underway. Air Force took the opening K/O, made it into Navy territory, then missed a FG. That drive took 5+ minutes off the clock. Navy now on offense for the first time. USAFA forces a punt, goes back on offense at their own 28.

Torn here. Like Horns11 said earlier in the thread it benefits us to have ou unbeaten going into the ccg. But I can't root for the bastages

Seeing that photo of stutsman sucking on that stogie wearing the golden hat from RRS pissed me off. Can't wait for the rematch

Ou scores. 7 zip

Recent Threads

Back