Israel = the Good Guys in the Middle East; Turks proving to be our enemies

A Hamas official killed in a Beirut strike had been on Israel's hit list for years.

Top Hamas leader killed in strike in Beirut, official says

Hamas' 2nd in command just killed in Beirut

A top Hamas leader and at least five others were killed in a strike in Beirut on Tuesday, a Hamas official said.

The leader, identified by the official as Saleh Al Arouri, was second in command in Hamas and the head of Hamas in the West Bank.

BEIRUT (AP) — Saleh Arouri, the deputy political head of Hamas and a founder of the group’s military wing, had been in Israel’s sights for years before he was killed in a drone strike in a southern suburb of Beirut on Tuesday.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had threatened to kill him even before Hamas carried out its deadly surprise attack on Israel on Oct. 7, sparking the ongoing brutal war in Gaza.

Israel had accused Arouri, 57, of masterminding attacks against it in the West Bank, where he was the group’s top commander. In 2015, the U.S. Department of the Treasury designated Arouri as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist offering $5 million for information about him.

Saleh Al Arouri

images

upload_2024-1-2_16-11-40-jpeg.9172

images

saleh-al-arouri-was-eliminated-in-dahieh-beirut-a-short-v0-kiqtw35922ac1.jpeg

More of (the late) Saleh Al Arouri

(formerly) 2nd in Command of HAMAS

MTV10692.jpg

(not the sort of guy you'd invite to a dinner party...)

Last edited:
At the 30,000 foot level, Iran via Hamas, was trying to drive a wedge through the promising Israeli - Saudi relationship. Thus far, it appears Iran/Hamas has failed. The Saudis are keeping a low public and media profile, but nothing indicates that they are backing off from growing closer to Israel.

Due to the perception of the unwashed (literally and figuratively speaking) masses, the Saudis can't appear to be cheerleading for Israel.

McHammer, can we be against both protesters for Palestine AND Israel's mass bombing of civilians? Both groups should be rejected. Both are horrible Leftists.

McHammer, can we be against both protesters for Palestine AND Israel's mass bombing of civilians? Both groups should be rejected. Both are horrible Leftists.
You are apparently a lover, not a fighter.

Here's a rather silly one from some Israelis ("Free Plastilin").

The world needs Sacha Baron Cohen to do some videos on this stuff.

Last edited:
Here's a look at what is called "Palestine" and "Palestinians" from the Christian Broadcasting Network:

Assad to Arafat:

"Never forget this one point. There is no such thing as a Palestinian people. There is no Palestinian entity... Palestine is an integral part of Syria."

Hafez_al-Assad.jpg

(Of course, Israel whipped his sorry *** along with his toadies--the Egyptians)

Israel seems to kick a lot of asses in the Middle East. It appears that 1 Israeli soldier, sailor, or airman is equal to 5-10 of their enemies.

Breaking:

Ismail Siraj - Commander of Hamas’ Nuseirat Battalion has been eliminated by IDF troops. Prior to the war, Siraj oversaw the production of the rockets Hamas shoots over its borders at Israelite cities.

Not the sort of guy you’d invite to a dinner party.

Breaking:

Ismail Siraj - Commander of Hamas’ Nuseirat Battalion has been eliminated by IDF troops. Prior to the war, Siraj oversaw the production of the rockets Hamas shoots over its borders at Israelite cities.

Not the sort of guy you’d invite to a dinner party.
Heard he is a blast at dinner parties, particularly roasts.

Israel seems to kick a lot of asses in the Middle East. It appears that 1 Israeli soldier, sailor, or airman is equal to 5-10 of their enemies.

The Jews were crushed by the Romans many times. With superior weaponry anyone can be successful. If Israel didn’t have western support and weaponry they would be crushed.
They did however practice genocide against the Canonites and the Medianites where they killed every boy and women except virgins. Each Jew took a Virgin for their prize according to Moses. Read Numbers 31.
Israel doesn’t seem to really care if they start WW3 for the world as long as they get to take their vengeance.

The Jews were crushed by the Romans many times. With superior weaponry anyone can be successful. If Israel didn’t have western support and weaponry they would be crushed.
They did however practice genocide against the Canonites and the Medianites where they killed every boy and women except virgins. Each Jew took a Virgin for their prize according to Moses. Read Numbers 31.
Israel doesn’t seem to really care if they start WW3 for the world as long as they get to take their vengeance.

There is a big difference between the Biblical events and today's events. In the Bible, God commanded Israel to take over the land. Canaanite culture was extremely wicked. The Jewish conquest was a judgement on their evil behavior. However, Israel didn't eradicate the Canaanites. They let a portion of them live and that caused Israel a huge problem through time. Today, God has not commanded the Jews to take over the land by conquest. They have to follow natural rights in their pursuit of living in the Promised Land. But they aren't. It's causing big problems for them and all their allies. They have clear justification to take out terrorists but they kill at least 10 civilians for every terrorist and it's getting worse. They bomb hospitals and refugee camps. They kill journalists on purpose. In a couple of years everyone will admit it is a huge stain on their reputation. If we can get this straight right now the situation can be corrected now to minimize the injustice.

If Israel didn’t have western support and weaponry they would be crushed.
1948 war: roughly equal weaponry
6 days war: slight-to-moderate edge to Israel on weaponry (mostly Cold War era US made vs. Cold War era Soviet made weapons); note, by this point Israel was making some of its own weapons.
Yom Kippur war: same as 6 days war

In all 3 of the above wars, Israel was greatly outnumbered, sometimes to an almost ridiculous degree. Yet they still won, and won handily, with roughly equal (or somewhat better) weaponry. Things happen for a reason.

Monahans-I don’t look at biblical things any different than real life things, since the Jews wrote the Bible, it is a tad biased. Chosen people and all.
I agree with you on this: From my optics I would have been cool with a 3-4x retribution factor not 25x and starting the wheels for a big ugly war.

Monahans-I don’t look at biblical things any different than real life things, since the Jews wrote the Bible, it is a tad biased. Chosen people and all.
I agree with you on this: From my optics I would have been cool with a 3-4x retribution factor not 25x and starting the wheels for a big ugly war.

Jews wrote it under inspiration from God. So God is the ultimate author. It actually isn't that flattering about the Jewish people.

From listening to US army veterans, the IDF is conducting this war in a completely different manner that the US used in Iraq and Afghanistan. The US went out of their way to protect civilians even though there was an insurgency going on. Soldiers who stepped outside the line were held accountable. When these veterans read reports and talk within the military grapevine they are appalled at what they are seeing. Complete disregard for civilians would be the nicest way to put it.

You serious readers want to read why the Mid-East is such a mess?

A book, among many, I inherited from my Father when he died a few years ago:

A PEACE TO END ALL PEACE... The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East. By: David Fromkin

Describes how the British, French & Russians pre and post WW1 basically F' up the Middle East. Later the Nazi's came along to inculcate and escalate Arab / Muslim hatred for the Jews, further stirring the cauldron.

I'm starting to read it for the 2nd time.

Last edited:
You serious readers want to read why the Mid-East is such a mess?

A book, among many, I inherited from my Father when he died a few years ago:

A PEACE TO END ALL PEACE... The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East.

By: David Fromkin

Describes how the world powers in pre and post WW1 basically F' up the Middle East. Later the Nazi's came along to further inculcate and escalate hatred for the Jews, further stirring the cauldron.

I'm starting to read it for the 2nd time.
How did the European powers create tribal rivalry which is the crux of the issue?

The Balkans

The Middle East

A lot of countries and people seem to really hate everyone around them in those two regions.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back