Impeachment

Is it common to hit the level of Executive VP at a company that is a major contributor to your father's political campaigns a mere 2 years after graduating from law school?

I'm sure being Joe Biden's son had nothing to do with it. To say it is a notable career is laughable.

Not really. Hunter Biden is lawyer with a notable career as an Investment Banker hitting the Executive VP level with MBNA. So, the China deal investment fund is as much in his wheel house as Don Jr. doing property deals in India. Of course, both men wouldn't be where they are without the surnames of their fathers.

Also notably discharged from the military due to cocaine and other past drug problems. Not that it matters to liberals.

Also notably discharged from the military due to cocaine and other past drug problems. Not that it matters to liberals.

Should it matter? It was the Naval Reserves in which he was literally part of only a few months. He got an age waiver (means he was over 35) and a waiver on a previous drug charge. A month after being sworn in he tested positive for cocaine. If he hadn't completed his AIT (very likely) the military discharges you with a status that is equivalent to never being in the military. It's not an honorable or dishonorable discharge. It simply means he was never in the US Navy Reserves.

So do you think many people get $600,000 per year board positions in a foreign country with no industry experience and a known drug use past?

And his excuse for testing positive? Someone must have laced his cigarettes with it! :lol:

So do you think many people get $600,000 per year board positions in a foreign country with no industry experience and a known drug use past?

And his excuse for testing positive? Someone must have laced his cigarettes with it! :lol:
And since the comparison to the Trump kids comes up, Biden's coattail riding happened well before the Trumps were on the scene. Children have been getting involved in parents' businesses as long as anyone can remember. None of the dealings of Hunter Biden are in any businesses started by Joe Biden.

MBNA was a major contributor to Biden's campaigns. Nothing to see here, folks, move along.

That's fair. The bubble can be precarious, especially when considering views outside of it.
Eh, I commended you right after the election when you said something to the effect of hoping Trump does a good job, etc. That lasted a day or two. Since then, I usually just skim past.

It doesn't surprise me that you accuse me of being in a bubble. That bothers me as much as getting crap about Texas football from an aggie or Husker fan.

This"children have been getting involved in parents' businesses as long as anyone can remember" is important. Joe Biden had no business with Ukraine or Chin
So those who try to say the Trump children who have gown up in the biz and a druggie with no experience in the oil/gas business are analogous are bring foolish.

Burisma added Cofer Black, Bush Jr's Counterterrorism Chief to their board in 2017. What industry experience did he have? What you're looking for is that Burisma added individuals/lobbyists to it's board that gives it some level of clout and International legitimacy. Whether Hunter Biden offered that during board meetings who knows but it's not uncommon for foreign companies to give board seats to US "connected" citizens.

Did that "connection" get them any favors? It was a bad investment because Biden pushing Shulkin out got the Burisma investigation restarted. An investigation that covered permits Burisma purchased from the Ministry of Ecology in 2010 and 2012, before Hunter Biden joined the company.

Nobody is debating that Hunter Biden taking a lucrative board position isn't bad optics. It is on a number of fronts. But Joe Biden's actions were the antithesis of what you'd expect if Hunter was influencing the US governments actions, which Joe took the lead on.

The irony of this...
That will happen when a person never brings substance to a discussion.

...being following by this is GLORIOUS!!!

Burisma added Cofer Black, Bush Jr's Counterterrorism Chief to their board in 2017. What industry experience did he have? What you're looking for is that Burisma added individuals/lobbyists to it's board that gives it some level of clout and International legitimacy. Whether Hunter Biden offered that during board meetings who knows but it's not uncommon for foreign companies to give board seats to US "connected" citizens.

Did that "connection" get them any favors? It was a bad investment because Biden pushing Shulkin out got the Burisma investigation restarted. An investigation that covered permits Burisma purchased from the Ministry of Ecology in 2010 and 2012, before Hunter Biden joined the company.

Nobody is debating that Hunter Biden taking a lucrative board position isn't bad optics. It is on a number of fronts. But Joe Biden's actions were the antithesis of what you'd expect if Hunter was influencing the US governments actions, which Joe took the lead on.

I don't think "substance" is the word you were looking for but rather "conservative perspective". I come here to get the conservative perspective. There is no desire on my part to join a progressive echo chamber because that only reinforces a worldview rather than allowing me to question and update my worldview as appropriate.

Someone on the left is stepping up their meme game. They put at least one ad on a New York City subway with this image and setup this website.

rs=w:700,cg:true,m

His 3 specialities per the website are:
BACK CHANNEL DEALS
Need a deal with foreign governments, but prefer not to go through government channels? I'm your man.

CABLE NEWS APPEARANCES
I will appear on all cable news networks on behalf of my clients. I promise that each appearance will be three things: unhinged, combative and fun.

WORKS FOR FREE
In an effort to shield money from my wife during our divorce, I'm willing to work for FREE! I only ask that you pick up the bar tab at the end of our session.

Email [email protected] to set up a FREE happy hour consultation!

To further reinforce that Biden was pushing America's interests in curbing corruption in Ukraine, R's and D's sent a letter to Poroshenko (then President) in 2016 urging him to fight the corruption, of which Sholkin was being attacked from many parties as holding the singular role to fight it and doing nothing.

It was signed by the following Senators: Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), co-chairs of the bipartisan Senate Ukraine Caucus, and Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Ron Johnson (R-WI), Chris Murphy (D-CT), Mark Kirk (R-IL), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), and Sherrod Brown (D-OH).

Here is an Andrew McCarthy piece "Ignore the hype — this is not an impeachment inquiry"

"There is no impeachment inquiry. There are no subpoenas.

You are not to be faulted if you think a formal inquest is under way and that legal process has been issued. The misimpression is completely understandable if you have been taking in media coverage — in particular, reporting on a haughty Sept. 27 letter from House Democrats, presuming to direct Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, on pain of citation for obstruction, to cooperate in their demands to depose State Department officials and review various records.

The letter is signed by not one but three committee chairmen. Remember your elementary math, though: Zero is still zero even when multiplied by three.

What is portrayed as an “impeachment inquiry” is actually just a made-for-cable-TV political soap opera. The House of Representatives is not conducting a formal impeachment inquiry. To the contrary, congressional Democrats are conducting the 2020 political campaign.

The House has not voted as a body to authorize an impeachment inquiry. What we have are partisan theatrics, proceeding under the ipse dixit of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). It raises the profile, but not the legitimacy, of the same “impeachment inquiry” House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) previously tried to abracadabra into being without a committee vote.

Moreover, there are no subpoenas. As Secretary Pompeo observed in his fittingly tart response on Tuesday, what the committee chairmen issued was merely a letter. Its huffing and puffing notwithstanding, the letter is nothing more than an informal request for voluntary cooperation. Legally, it has no compulsive power. If anything, it is rife with legal deficiencies.

The Democrats, of course, hope you don’t notice that the House is not conducting a formal impeachment inquiry. They are using the guise of frenetic activity by several standing committees — Intelligence, Judiciary, Foreign Affairs, Oversight and Reform, Financial Services, and Ways and Means — whose normal oversight functions are being gussied up to look like serious impeachment business....."

Ignore the hype — this is not an impeachment inquiry

Last edited:
Here is an Andrew McCarthy piece "Ignore the hype — this is not an impeachment inquiry"

"There is no impeachment inquiry. There are no subpoenas.

You are not to be faulted if you think a formal inquest is under way and that legal process has been issued. The misimpression is completely understandable if you have been taking in media coverage — in particular, reporting on a haughty Sept. 27 letter from House Democrats, presuming to direct Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, on pain of citation for obstruction, to cooperate in their demands to depose State Department officials and review various records.

The letter is signed by not one but three committee chairmen. Remember your elementary math, though: Zero is still zero even when multiplied by three.

What is portrayed as an “impeachment inquiry” is actually just a made-for-cable-TV political soap opera. The House of Representatives is not conducting a formal impeachment inquiry. To the contrary, congressional Democrats are conducting the 2020 political campaign.

The House has not voted as a body to authorize an impeachment inquiry. What we have are partisan theatrics, proceeding under the ipse dixit of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). It raises the profile, but not the legitimacy, of the same “impeachment inquiry” House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) previously tried to abracadabra into being without a committee vote.

Moreover, there are no subpoenas. As Secretary Pompeo observed in his fittingly tart response on Tuesday, what the committee chairmen issued was merely a letter. Its huffing and puffing notwithstanding, the letter is nothing more than an informal request for voluntary cooperation. Legally, it has no compulsive power. If anything, it is rife with legal deficiencies.

The Democrats, of course, hope you don’t notice that the House is not conducting a formal impeachment inquiry. They are using the guise of frenetic activity by several standing committees — Intelligence, Judiciary, Foreign Affairs, Oversight and Reform, Financial Services, and Ways and Means — whose normal oversight functions are being gussied up to look like serious impeachment business....."

Ignore the hype — this is not an impeachment inquiry

I'm not sure they could get the votes in the House for impeachment. However, maybe I shouldn't underestimate the corruption of the democrat party.

Was W still POTUS in 2017? You can bet your last dollar anyone put on that Board was for influence. Biden was VP at the time - Big difference.

And besides, I could care less who Kofar Black is. If he was doing something illegal, indict him.

Also learned today that Hunter was also influential in China along with John Kerry’s step son. Interesting, Very interesting.

Whoa...you just moved the goalposts to another stadium.

You said this...

So do you think many people get $600,000 per year board positions in a foreign country with no industry experience

So, I showed you an example of the SAME company adding a Board Member with no industry experience and this is your response:
Was W still POTUS in 2017? You can bet your last dollar anyone put on that Board was for influence. Biden was VP at the time - Big difference.

Ultimately, you only cared that it was Biden's son.

I've already stated that these Board positions are being handed in hopes of influence.

False. You named a former Bush appointee as comparable to Biden. As I stated, if he was crooked, indict him. A quick scan of his profile states more than 30 years of international experience and an expert in security. Advanced degree in international business and no reports of friends lacing his cigarettes with cocaine.

You exemplify why only the left believes the left. Even when you know it wasn’t right, you come up with an idiot example of why it is okay.

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MICHIGAN *
Sat, Sep 7 • 11:00 AM on FOX
GAME DAY NOTES

Back