'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

Folks complaining about temps in Paris for the Olympics. Highs are in the upper 70’s or low 80’s for most days. Give me a break.

IMG_9299.jpeg

Folks complaining about temps in Paris for the Olympics. Highs are in the upper 70’s or low 80’s for most days. Give me a break.

View attachment 10253

London is looking to get all the way to the mid 80's this week so we might need to do a wellness check on Deez and see if he's okay. :p

Damn, this sh!t gets tiresome. Lol. Do you all set your AC units to 91, 85, or even 82? No. Why? Because it's friggin' hot and uncomfortable. Most homes and most businesses that don't store food don't have AC. You guys just ignore that fact like the Dems ignore COVID when they say Trump destroyed a lot of jobs.

It may not be between 97 - 103 like Texas probably will be, but unlike you pu$$ies in Texas, we in Europe will actually feel that heat. Ok, I won't feel it much, because I'm a Texan at heart, so I installed AC in at least part of my house, so I'll be in a nice cool room drinking beer. But most Europeans will feel it.

Damn, this sh!t gets tiresome. Lol. Do you all set your AC units to 91, 85, or even 82? No. Why? Because it's friggin' hot and uncomfortable. Most homes and most businesses that don't store food don't have AC. You guys just ignore that fact like the Dems ignore COVID when they say Trump destroyed a lot of jobs.

It may not be between 97 - 103 like Texas probably will be, but unlike you pu$$ies in Texas, we in Europe will actually feel that heat. Ok, I won't feel it much, because I'm a Texan at heart, so I installed AC in at least part of my house, so I'll be in a nice cool room drinking beer. But most Europeans will feel it.
Yes, but outside of a few warm days in summer, you’re on a European vacation year-round.

Yes, but outside of a few warm days in summer, you’re on a European vacation year-round.
2 warm days out of 10:

View attachment 10260

Again, you're downplaying the AC factor. Any one of those days that is hotter than where you'd set your thermostat is going to feel hot if you don't have AC. Unless he's old or poor, a Texan isn't putting his thermostat at 78 or higher. More like upper 60s or low 70s.

Again, you're downplaying the AC factor. Any one of those days that is hotter than where you'd set your thermostat is going to feel hot if you don't have AC. Unless he's old or poor, a Texan isn't putting his thermostat at 78 or higher. More like upper 60s or low 70s.
My thermostat is at 77 F during the day, sometimes 78 F. Also, if you open windows at night to cool the house down (when temps are under 70 F), and then close them mid-morning, your house should be fine.

My thermostat is at 77 F during the day, sometimes 78 F.

You mean when nobody's home?

Also, if you open windows at night to cool the house down (when temps are under 70 F), and then close them mid-morning, your house should be fine.

People here do that. It helps, but keep in mind a few things. First, they don't put screens on windows, so if you leave them open for very long, you'll have bugs all over your house. Second, the sun goes down much later here than in Texas during the summer. When we get a heat wave, it's going to feel like daytime temperatures until about 9:30 at night and won't go under 70 until about 11.

You mean when nobody's home?

People here do that. It helps, but keep in mind a few things. First, they don't put screens on windows, so if you leave them open for very long, you'll have bugs all over your house. Second, the sun goes down much later here than in Texas during the summer. When we get a heat wave, it's going to feel like daytime temperatures until about 9:30 at night and won't go under 70 until about 11.
My wife homeschools - the house is always occupied. We lower the thermostat to 76 F at night to sleep.

While the West was throwing hundreds of billions at wind and solar power, they were investing in something that wasn't stupid.
China seems to be run by the adults in the room. This one right decision—production of power—can cover a lot of other minor setbacks. The transformation of China in my lifetime is the most remarkable historical thing that has occurred, and history will see it that way. Just from watching from the outside, a one-party system can be frightful when it goes after the individual, but when it focuses on problem solving, it is incredibly efficient.

Edit—no, I don’t support “communism,” whatever vaguery that all implies, but Americans completely miss the boat when they think China is something like the Soviets were. Something far different, better, and more permanent is going on in China, and it is 99.9% NOT military-based, and not expansionist. They are like a fat person who has been working out and suddenly you realize, “hey, wait, who is that big strong guy?”

Last edited:
But your trying to entice chicks to take their clothes off. I'd keep it hot too.

I don't bring chicks home. The key to pimping is for the chicks not to know here you live. It's best for them not to even know your last name if you can avoid it. ;)
Of course those wild days are over with anyway.

I'm climated to heat. My parents didn't use AC very much while growing up.

P.S. You're still a wuss. :thumbup::coolnana:

Last edited:
China seems to be run by the adults in the room. This one right decision—production of power—can cover a lot of other minor setbacks. The transformation of China in my lifetime is the most remarkable historical thing that has occurred, and history will see it that way. Just from watching from the outside, a one-party system can be frightful when it goes after the individual, but when it focuses on problem solving, it is incredibly efficient.

Edit—no, I don’t support “communism,” whatever vaguery that all implies, but Americans completely miss the boat when they think China is something like the Soviets were. Something far different, better, and more permanent is going on in China, and it is 99.9% NOT military-based, and not expansionist. They are like a fat person who has been working out and suddenly you realize, “hey, wait, who is that big strong guy?”
this is one that deserves it's own thread. If you ask me, our challenges are ranked like this.

1. Immigration - If we don't get control of our borders, then the GOP will be "demographed" into irrelevance and we will not win many elections going forward. It will death by a thousand paper cuts and we will not recognize our country in 20 years.
2. budget issues - there will eventually be a domestic price to be paid for not being able to keep our debt under control.
3. China - They are not our friends. At best they are fierce competitors willing to take any and all advantage they can find. At worst they are our actual enemies, that just have enough patience to let us rot from within. They are the tortoise, and we are the hare. If we don't start getting a little more policy consistency from one administration to the next, they are going to eat our lunch. My best analogy is a scratch golfer that is able to stay in the fairway versus a duffer that is slicing and hooking into the woods every other swing. We spend half our time and energy undoing and redoing what the other side did just 4 years ago.

My wife homeschools - the house is always occupied. We lower the thermostat to 76 F at night to sleep.
My house stays at 80 in the day and 77-78 at night with ceiling fans going. I don't understand how anyone could stand it with ac set at 69-72. I'd feel like I'm freezing.

I can't figure out why Europeans haven't embraced the window unit concept. All they'd need is something small to get some cooler air flow during the day time.

1. Immigration - If we don't get control of our borders, then the GOP will be "demographed" into irrelevance and we will not win many elections going forward. It will death by a thousand paper cuts and we will not recognize our country in 20 years.

This was a big issue to those who William Buckley kicked out of the conservative movement. But fake conservatives took over and let the left open the borders.

2. budget issues - there will eventually be a domestic price to be paid for not being able to keep our debt under control.

Another issue that William Buckley was the same as leftists. He wanted big budgets and a large central government. Every step of the way that Democrats took, he was watching and approving.

3. China - They are not our friends. At best they are fierce competitors willing to take any and all advantage they can find. At worst they are our actual enemies, that just have enough patience to let us rot from within. They are the tortoise, and we are the hare. If we don't start getting a little more policy consistency from one administration to the next, they are going to eat our lunch. My best analogy is a scratch golfer that is able to stay in the fairway versus a duffer that is slicing and hooking into the woods every other swing. We spend half our time and energy undoing and redoing what the other side did just 4 years ago.

China isn't our friend. But they rely on us economically. Best to make them focus more on that then feel threatened on their side of the world.

I don't bring chicks home. The key to pimping is for the chicks not to know here you live. It's best for them not to even know your last name if you can avoid it. ;)
Of course those wild days are over with anyway.

I'm climated to heat. My parents didn't use AC very much while growing up.

P.S. You're still a wuss. :thumbup::coolnana:

Pretty hard to get busted on a paternity test if nobody knows what your name is or where you live.

think-smart.gif

Immigration isn't per se a problem and can be a major asset. However, it needs to be orderly (legal and under control) and merit-based (serves the needs of the country at issue), and limited to a reasonable numbers. Most of all, we need to prioritize assimilation and teaching patriotism. In other words, it needs to be the opposite of what we have now, which is calamity, illegality, excessive numbers, and encourages multiculturalism and contempt for the West.

What's tough about the budget is that bad decisions don't usually have immediate consequences. It's the cumulative effect of years of bad decisions that cause major problem. Accordingly, nobody wants to do anything until those consequences are happening. Democrats never want to do anything about it, and in the Trump era, Republicans don't either. In fact, nobody even talks about it anymore. We're going to hit some major fiscal calamity, and our bullcrap politicians are going say, "wow, we didn't see any of this coming."

China is undoubtedly the US's chief enemy. They undermine US interests every chance. They help other enemies that are more directly combative with the US. They are as adverse to the US as the Soviet Union was. The biggest difference is that they are less ideological on economics, know how to play the long game, and know how to foster and exploit political division in the United States.

The US should build more natural gas, coal, and nuclear power plants. Regulations should be reduced not merely changed into a new regime. Producers should prioritize 1) reliability and 2) price. The same things the industry prioritized until ESG/ Climate Change took over.

Even better, privatize everything about the electrical power industry. Need a 21st Century Sam Insull.

Immigration isn't per se a problem and can be a major asset. However, it needs to be orderly (legal and under control) and merit-based (serves the needs of the country at issue), and limited to a reasonable numbers. Most of all, we need to prioritize assimilation and teaching patriotism. In other words, it needs to be the opposite of what we have now, which is calamity, illegality, excessive numbers, and encourages multiculturalism and contempt for the West.

What's tough about the budget is that bad decisions don't usually have immediate consequences. It's the cumulative effect of years of bad decisions that cause major problem. Accordingly, nobody wants to do anything until those consequences are happening. Democrats never want to do anything about it, and in the Trump era, Republicans don't either. In fact, nobody even talks about it anymore. We're going to hit some major fiscal calamity, and our bullcrap politicians are going say, "wow, we didn't see any of this coming."

China is undoubtedly the US's chief enemy. They undermine US interests every chance. They help other enemies that are more directly combative with the US. They are as adverse to the US as the Soviet Union was. The biggest difference is that they are less ideological on economics, know how to play the long game, and know how to foster and exploit political division in the United States.
China is nothing like the Soviet Union. I don’t consider them an “enemy”; just a competitor. What is the political division they create? That isn’t already there? What “combat” have we had with them? (And if we have, how relatively close to our shore was it compared to how close to their shore?)

Basically, aren’t their crimes stealing our IP whenever they can, and behaving monopolistically in some industries by supporting their corporations more than we support ours? Business crimes?

Perhaps my far-more-moderate attitude towards China than the anti-China propaganda I keep hearing gets me labeled as a victim of their influence.

China is nothing like the Soviet Union. I don’t consider them an “enemy”; just a competitor. What is the political division they create? That isn’t already there? What “combat” have we had with them? (And if we have, how relatively close to our shore was it compared to how close to their shore?)

Basically, aren’t their crimes stealing our IP whenever they can, and behaving monopolistically in some industries by supporting their corporations more than we support ours? Business crimes?

Perhaps my far-more-moderate attitude towards China than the anti-China propaganda I keep hearing gets me labeled as a victim of their influence.

I'm with you on this. There are bad actors because they are trying to get as much wealth as they can for themselves. But China and the US are not natural enemies. The Pacific Ocean decided that. We only get in conflict with them if we go over there and start stuff or they come over here and start stuff.

Plus I don't fear central planned societies. They have more debt than we do. Their central bank is crazier than ours. They still plan their economy and the government picks winner and losers through subsidization. They killed babies at a monumental clip as a government policy. They are setting up their own failure.

We get cheap crap from them. They buy our bonds at a large rate. The only reason they are now second guessing that is because we are sending weapons into the Asian continent and our central bank is ruining the US dollar. Take away those things and this doesn't happen. Basically, the US government is making foolish decisions and other governments have had to react to protect their interests.

China is nothing like the Soviet Union.

We know that the Soviet Union planted followers into high levels of the US government. McCarthy was right. The John Birch society was 98% right. China got stupid Swalwell and the Clintons. Bad but not Soviet Union level.

I'm with you on this. There are bad actors because they are trying to get as much wealth as they can for themselves. But China and the US are not natural enemies. The Pacific Ocean decided that. We only get in conflict with them if we go over there and start stuff or they come over here and start stuff.

Plus I don't fear central planned societies. They have more debt than we do. Their central bank is crazier than ours. They still plan their economy and the government picks winner and losers through subsidization. They killed babies at a monumental clip as a government policy. They are setting up their own failure.

We get cheap crap from them. They buy our bonds at a large rate. The only reason they are now second guessing that is because we are sending weapons into the Asian continent and our central bank is ruining the US dollar. Take away those things and this doesn't happen. Basically, the US government is making foolish decisions and other governments have had to react to protect their interests.
Our country also picks winners and losers with subsidies, and pushes or protects certain industries that get labeled “in the national interest.” The difference is degree, not kind.
They don’t have most of the family restrictions anymore (I believe); no one-child rule, no restrictions on where to live, etc. (I think). As for baby killing, the USA and our ethics have been willing to kill babies for economic or convenience reasons at a staggering rate, so we aren’t better than they are in that point.
The only real issue besides business (which we will work out over time by agreement) is Taiwan. Either we will or won’t have a military conflict over Taiwan, and I want it to remain independent for many reasons, including status quo and self-rule, but China’s position that Taiwan is their property is not “insane” or “expansionist “; they have a very credible argument that it is theirs—historically. I probably will get yelled at for this, but Hong Kong has not deteriorated as much as I expected in a quarter century.
It’s not that I like these guys and I don’t really want to be remembered as “on their side” on anything. I just think the rhetoric around here is far from the reality about China.

Back