Countdown to Football

fb_jerseys_071808_300.jpg
layne2.jpg

tumblr_n6t1xw61KV1ren1y6o1_500.png
Note: Tom Landry is on the right - 1947

#22 Bobby Layne 1945-1947 All-American QB - 1947

1946 Cotton Bowl: Bobby Layne accounted for all 40 of Texas' points (he also kicked the extra points). He was 11 of 12 for 158 yards & 2 touchdowns.

Dammit, I am ready for some football!

Three more weeks bra'dah!! Just three more and our Horns will test their metal! Can't wait!! :hookem:

Yup - I feel yer' pain bro.... 3 weeks from tomorrow... Sat. Sept. 5th 6:30 PM!

Wouldn't a Horns thunderous upset of ND absolutely energize the team, the program and a HUNGRY Longhorn Nation!!!:yippee:

Dammit, I am ready for some football!

Yup - I feel yer' pain bro.... 3 weeks from tomorrow... Sat. Sept. 5th 6:30 PM!

Wouldn't a Horns thunderous upset of ND absolutely energize the team, the program and a HUNGRY Longhorn Nation!!!:yippee:

That would be a huge win for our guys!! Hell, if we beat ND, I'll probably throw my damn couch off the balcony, set it on fire, and toss couple of pics of my mother-in-law on top just for grins!

#22 Billy Dale goes in for the winning TD in the 1970 Cotton Bowl. Result: Longhorns 21 Fighting Irish 17; National Championship.

aa0951c4a7621ccc15a1d3244bfce8171d26de70.jpg

Nice blocking, eh?

Dammit, I am ready for some football! :hookem::bevo::hookem:
#22 Billy Dale goes in for the winning TD in the 1970 Cotton Bowl. Result: Longhorns 21 Fighting Irish 17; National Championship.

aa0951c4a7621ccc15a1d3244bfce8171d26de70.jpg

Nice blocking, eh?

Great pick VY Fan, not to steal your thunder but here is another angle of the same play that won a NC. Wuensch, Worster and Peschel supplied the wall - key blocks for #22 HB Billy Dale from Odessa.

ncaa-football-championship-history_zpsr6djdte3.jpg

:hookem:

While I'm posting photos that may get me banned, here's #21 Blake Gideon dropping a potential game-sealing INT against Tech in 2008. A bad moment in an otherwise great career.

*UTdropINT.jpg

While I'm posting photos that may get me banned, here's #21 Blake Gideon dropping a potential game-sealing INT against Tech in 2008. A bad moment in an otherwise great career.

*UTdropINT.jpg

I still remember that...make the catch - Game Over, and HELLO NCG!! But no. Still, that wasn't the only reason we didn't win. Lots of other stuff happened and a lot of other assignments were missed that that put us in that position.

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Back