Coaching News and Rumors

You won't see aggie fans hoisting their AD (Bjork) on their shoulders like Mississippi State fans did with Bulldogs' AD Zac Selmon...

:D:D:D

2023 First-Year College Football Head Coach Rankings

Top 10 First Year Head Coaches in top-division College Football - 2023

1. GJ Kinne - Texas State :clap::clap::clap:
2. Alex Golesh - USF
3. Brian Newberry - Navy
4. Tim Beck - Coastal Carolina
5. Kenny Dillingham - Ariz State
6. Deion Sanders - Colorado
7. Ryan Walters - Purdue
8. Eric Morris - North Texas
9. Biff Poggi - Charlotte
10. K.C. Keeler - Sam Houston :clap: (first year coaching at FBS level)
11. Trent Dilfer - UAB
12. Lance Taylor - W. Michigan
13. Troy Taylor - Stanford
14. Kenni Burns - Kent State
15. Zach Arnett - Mississippi State

- Deion benefited from exceeding hype; but he turned a worst-in-Division 1 Colorado team into an average team, so he did pretty well this year.

deion turned a last place pac12 team into... a last place pac 12 team.

1200px-Louisiana-Monroe_Warhawks_logo.svg.png

I don't know what they do...?

Hire a coordinator or assistant from a better school.

Hire a successful head coach from a lower division program?

Get a top-notch high school coach from Louisiana or Texas?

Hire a washed up, or failed coach, from a bigger program?

This is not a desirable job as far as college head coaching positions go.

Last edited:
Perhaps, Ive missed it, but if not I would like to suggest a conversation about securing Texas’ staff staying in Austin. Frankly, I had not heard much of anything about Coach Sarkisian when he was hired. And, honestly, on the continuum of Cymbal crash to Thud responses, he was nearer to thud on the excitement scale.
He took a program in serious risk of completely squandering very good, undeveloped players. The locker room was caustic to the point of outright rebellion. One does not develop culture and teamwork by talking about it. He has been well quoted on his points about that. The defense that PK runs is not the norm. Players have to be secured who have the skill sets or have high football IQ and can adapt. Team speed has been improved unbelievably in two years. Results bear out whatever patience has been required. To be more accurate, many of us have been forced into patience. By hammer and tong!
Now, we find ourselves having one of the best programs and staffs in college football (all things included, recruiting, development, teamwork, and game mgmt). Personally, I believe UT has invested the time to prove concept and we are now serious poaching candidates. Sark is paid barely half what top 10 coaches receive. He comes in at number 30 and there are some squirrels being paid more. God knows UT Foundation can keep up with anybody $$$ wise. We needn’t have an aggie orgasm and give him the hill country, but we sure need to not find our pants down when Bama comes calling. UT may be the hottest coaching seat in the country (Coach Royal was under some heat in ‘67) but results have been rewarded. Hopefully, CDC has begun the whispers.
This forum, believe it or not, is well read among our team. You can be sure the players see success and want to be assured it stays around. Just sayin.

1200px-Louisiana-Monroe_Warhawks_logo.svg.png

I don't know what they do...?

Hire a coordinator or assistant from a better school.

Hire a successful head coach from a lower division program?

Get a top-notch high school coach from Louisiana or Texas?

Hire a washed up, or failed coach, from a bigger program?

This is not a desirable job as far as college head coaching positions go.

Maybe here is where Tom Herman can re-enter college head coaching.
Jimbo is tanned, rested, and ready.

Jimbo is tanned, rested, and ready.
Ha!

ULM's top candidates (not really...):

- Jimbo Fisher
- Tom Herman
- USC's fired Defensive Coordinator
- Dana Holgerson
- some unknown guy with dark glasses and a bad mustache going by "Bart Riles"; he seems to know a lot about offense

Elko's a good defensive coach, and probably will be a pretty good head coach.

Their OC (and their QBs) will make the difference, one way or the other...

The comment from Billy which turned my stomach was “they told other sports they would have less, not cancel the sport but direct more money to Football.”

#gross

Elko is a mining town in Northern Nevada.
Yes that was it, the town.” Ecko” is the utensil maker’s name.
Bottom line, Elko is an immediate fail considering he was an assistant there before and we bring nothing new on the positive side.
Traylor would actually made them into a contender again.
So I am happy that the ags cemented their future with mediocrity.
I think there will come a time in the future age of a super conference and the ags may no longer qualify to be with the big boys anymore.

Aggy's lawyers have apparently just been told about the concept of mitigation and offsets by future earned income if the coach gets fired and decided that sounded like a good idea. A concept every other lawyer on the planet learned about in their first year contracts class in law school.

Mississippi State fans are the aggies that never moved West to Texas.

Fortunately for Miss. State, they didn't develop the bizarre "traditions" that their Western cousins have...

:missst::atm:
However, they did develop the tradition of losing to their daddy just like aggy.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back