Coaching News and Rumors

Headed back to Fayetteville.

upload_2023-11-29_5-9-51.gif

c9LTnPj4_reasonably_small.jpg

Stewart Mandel

@slmandel

Mike Gundy, whose 9-3 team lost a game 33-7 to South Alabama and 45-3 to UCF, has been named Big 12 Coach of the Year.

As opposed to 11-1 Steve Sarkisian.

Who votes on this? Other Big 12 coaches.

Bon voyage, Texas.

well I shall refer to Sark as Big 12 coach of the year.
Gundy ought to say it out loud, "I am not Big 12 coach of the year. There is someone more deserving".
He got the honor out of spite.

The funny thing is that Sark isn't the only more deserving coach.

Gundy has gone from 11 to 7 to 9 wins these past three seasons. That's not improvement. Meanwhile, Venables and Neal Brown actually got their teams some serious 1-year turnaround.

Gundy has the best RB in the conference carrying the load in their close wins and doing nothing in their losses. Klieman has virtual no ones and manages to go 8-4. Heck, Leipold was down to his 4th string QB and managed 8 wins.

Huge mistake. UH in the b12 playing tougher competition is a road to nowhere.
Traylor ought to make them break open the bank vault and get a long-term contract with the Coogs.

Because of their location, they will always have that recruiting potential.

:uh:

Frankly, I would love to see him back on the 40 in some capacity. We already have a great DC, but if he left for some reason, Traylor would be high on my personal wish list.

Traylor has always been an offensive coach.

I think the main reasons he's done so well at UTSA is an utter lack of expectations, great motivational techniques, and a decent QB. That's not really enough to get by at a Power-5 school, as guys like Tom Herman have shown. I'd like to see how he does but it'll take some good players.

Traylor ought to make them break open the bank vault and get a long-term contract with the Coogs.

Because of their location, they will always have that recruiting potential.

:uh:

The only way UH breaks open a bank vault is to pull a gun on the teller

It's just a losing situation there now. I could MAYBE see Kingsbury pulling off short term success with a **** ton of luck. Otherwise they're buried

If he goes then he must think UTSA has peaked. Otherwise there are other better jobs that will be open in a year… Baylor for one.

Creek,

I believe that of all the Big XII "left behinds" Baylor is in for the biggest fall. Likely to become a basketball/baseball school, which is ok with the powers that be since they are 90% basketball people.

Before the administration ran off Richard (yes, as I told him to his face, I knew him when he was Richard and before is was popular to be a Mexican), the trajectory of football was nearly unlimited. Now, the coaches have to beg and pledge their first born to get an extra nickel. If they don't wise up soon, they will be the next Lamar or East Texas State.

Recent Threads

Back