Coaching News and Rumors

Hamilton from IT believes A&M will make their new hire by next Wednesday, at the latest.

Jedd Fisch (Arizona) and Mike Elko (Duke) are the two names being discussed.

As for Fisch, he and A&M DC DJ Durkin have worked together.
I was afraid it was the Arizona guy. Watch aggy aggy it up and not select him.

Here's an opportunity at a Texas college for those who think they know so much about coaching football defense:

UT Permian Basin (D-II): University of Texas Permian Basin (D2) – is looking for a Full Time Defensive Coordinator. Starting salary between $60-65,000. 3 years of defensive coordinator experience is preferred. Please send resume to [email protected]

:atm:

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/foo...tandards-of-texas-am-aggies-coaching-job-tamu

"According to Texas A&M Aggies athletic director Ross Bjork, the head coaching position in College Station isn't for everyone."
(you don't say...)

"...it is critical that the Aggies find a coach that can handle the weight of the position."

"Fisher's contract was arguably the most lopsided in terms of leverage in the history of college football. [:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:] Not only is he getting the largest buyout in the history of the sport by more than $50 million, but every dollar of that contract is guaranteed."

“We have to get this contract right," Bjork said. “We can’t do what we did before... We’re not giving bonuses to go to the Liberty Bowl." :lmao:

:popcorn:

I'd take Aranda as a defensive analyst/backup DC.

What, pray tell, is available on Exposition for $1MM?
Phil, I found it - assuming some major environmental disaster underground with leaking gasoline tanks, Dave will get that kind of deal at this place.
IMG-1320.jpg

Google Maps

Here's an opportunity at a Texas college for those who think they know so much about coaching football defense:

UT Permian Basin (D-II): University of Texas Permian Basin (D2) – is looking for a Full Time Defensive Coordinator. Starting salary between $60-65,000. 3 years of defensive coordinator experience is preferred. Please send resume to [email protected]
A Gmail account? WTF?

There are plenty of unemployed defensive coodinators on this board during our games. I'm sure these schools could snag a good candidate from that pool.

There are plenty of unemployed defensive coodinators on this board during our games. I'm sure these schools could snag a good candidate from that pool.

By the looks of things these days, I could teach tackling better than most of the employed ones.

Phil,

They don't need no stinkin tacklin lessons; they want "blow em up" lessons. Tacklin don't get you on ESPN highlights, and after all, that's what it's all about.

:cu::cu::cu:

Warren Sapp will join Deion at Colorado.

https://www.si.com/college/colorado...warren-sapp-will-be-on-his-cu-staff-next-year

Deion Sanders says Warren Sapp to join staff; CU has not confirmed

Warren Sapp officially joining Colorado Buffaloes coaching staff in 2024

"It’s currently unclear what specific role Sapp will occupy on Deion’s staff as of now. It seems most likely that Sapp will have a defensive analyst role in 2024, but it’s entirely possible that he could become a full-fledge positional coach for the Buffaloes. We’ll just have to wait until next season to see just how Sapp will fit into the Colorado coaching puzzle."

:cu::cu::cu:

Warren Sapp will join Deion at Colorado.

https://www.si.com/college/colorado...warren-sapp-will-be-on-his-cu-staff-next-year

Deion Sanders says Warren Sapp to join staff; CU has not confirmed

Warren Sapp officially joining Colorado Buffaloes coaching staff in 2024

"It’s currently unclear what specific role Sapp will occupy on Deion’s staff as of now. It seems most likely that Sapp will have a defensive analyst role in 2024, but it’s entirely possible that he could become a full-fledge positional coach for the Buffaloes. We’ll just have to wait until next season to see just how Sapp will fit into the Colorado coaching puzzle."

Deion Sanders thought Mount Rushmore was located in L.A.

nationalgeographic_661503_2x3.jpg

deion-sanders-vs-ucla.jpg

https://footballscoop.com/news/coac...te-to-mount-rushmore-by-south-dakota-governor

Have to admire Deion's attitude when told the heads were not in LA.
He shrugged and made another joke. Treated it as inconsequential.

On the FOX pre-game show earlier Bruce Feldman said Ryan Day. If it was almost anyone besides him I'd call BS but he's as well connected as it gets.
Report was shot down by Day’s mentor, Urban Meyer, this morning. It’s hard to imagine that he would leave one of the best jobs in the country unless a) he was unhappy with the fan base after losing twice in a row to Michigan, or b) the Aggies again have thrown gobs of money at him.

Report was shot down by Day’s mentor, Urban Meyer, this morning. It’s hard to imagine that he would leave one of the best jobs in the country unless a) he was unhappy with the fan base after losing twice in a row to Michigan, or b) the Aggies again have thrown gobs of money at him.
Agreed, but as I said it's Feldman. Then again when was the last time Meyer was suspected of lying about anything? By the way anyone got the time?

Ryan Day's agent maybe wrangling an extension/raise for his client. Seems like we saw something like that once upon a time.

:msu:
It’s Jonathan Smith, who will move from Oregon State to become the Spartans’ next head coach. After the PAC dissolved into 2 teams, I suppose Smith felt he had to make the jump.

He’s jumping into a nasty neighborhood with 3 established programs in his division—all of whom easily out-recruit Mich State.

:msu:
It’s Jonathan Smith, who will move from Oregon State to become the Spartans’ next head coach. After the PAC dissolved into 2 teams, I suppose Smith felt he had to make the jump.

He’s jumping into a nasty neighborhood with 3 established programs in his division—all of whom easily out-recruit Mich State.
He took the money and ran.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back