Coaching News and Rumors

Kevin Steele reportedly going to Tennessee

That is not thunder in the distance, but rather the roar from Indianapolis as the NCAA gets Steele, Phat Phil, and the Haslams all under one roof. I would love to be the real estate agent that gets the commission on the NCAA's longterm lease of office space in Knoxville.

You would think he’s going there as an assistant, not head coach.

Doesn't matter, since the NCAA has already started investigating Tennessee.

I don't understand how you can get fired from ATM for doing an OK but nothing great job (very similar to Herman here), then stink out Arizona. Then wind up at another head coaching job the next season. The usual path is to step down a level or be a coordinator, not bounce from head coach to head coach despite being fired twice in 4-5 years. F up move up as is said.

Cancel culture is trying to get Dan Campbell fired before he takes the job
(of course the guy digging all this up has his own sordid history on social media -- which is always the way it seems to go)

Er3NAmLXAAE5ssU

Oklahoma State: Cowboy Football is looking for a lead graphic designer. This leadership role will oversee recruiting graphics, create content and manage a growing team of designers. Apply online via this link.

Hmmmm, maybe start by replacing the ugly cartoon Cowboy.

OkSt_008.jpg

To maybe something like this:

depositphotos_154403360-stock-illustration-cartoon-cowboy-from-the-wild.jpg

Or, to piss off the anti gun activists, go with:
cartoon-cowboy-shooting-vector-id110902202

A Japanese student gets the job:
artworks-000246647064-yyag9u-t500x500.jpg

Or they decide to push some identity politics with the new logo:
3308-127990.jpg

or
il_570xN.1012933143_oxjy.jpg

Auburn - Cornelius Williams (Troy WRs) will coach WRs at Auburn.
Cornelius Williams named Wide Receivers Coach at Auburn - Auburn University Athletics

Michigan - Christian Robinson (Florida LBs) is set to jump ship to Big Blue.
hJxdtv9I

UNT - Phil Bennett (former ASU and Baylor DC, and aTm grad) will be the Mean Green's new DC. Bennett has really been around the block, especially in this part of the country. His coaching stints are shown below:

1978–1981 Texas A&M (DE)
1982 TCU (TE/T)
1983 MacArthur HS (TX) (LB)
1984–1986 Iowa State (DC)
1987–1990 Purdue (DC)
1991 LSU (OLB)
1992–1993 LSU (AHC/LB)
1994 LSU (AHC/DC)
1995–1996 Texas A&M (DC)
1997 TCU (DC/DB)
1998 Oklahoma (DB/Co-RC)
1999–2001 Kansas State (DC)
2002–2007 SMU
2008–2010 Pittsburgh (DC)
2010 Pittsburgh (interim HC)
2011–2016 Baylor (DC)
2017 Arizona State (DC)
2021–present North Texas (DC)

Bennett’s longest stay was 6 seasons at SMU. Everywhere else was pretty short term. I agree with Viper. There's a reason for that.

Last edited:
I don’t think Indiana was a flash in the pan. I think they’ll be a force, at least in the upper middle—maybe challenging for the conference title some years, in the Big 10 for quite a while.

Tennessee firing Pruett for "recruiting violations" is about like a South Main hooker lecturing a group of Piedras Negras Boys Town whores on the virtues of saving yourself for marriage.

Tennessee is going to be so uncool with Phat Phil gone for good ...

Man, did that butta dude really knew how to connect with the youth of America.

:rolleyes1:

Last edited:
Say, this is Phat Phil we’re talking about. He’s just bailin. His place in history is as the coach with the best dancing and rapping skills.

:smh:

Recent Threads

Back