Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

Kwiatkowski regressed to the mean. The offense was bad but the game was there and the defense literally pissed down their leg. Sark and PK are going to go down together.
I hope this is not the case. Since the early 2000's, we have seen the challenges facing spread offenses and also the benefits as we ran them very successfully in the 2000's as well. It just presents so many problems for teams if you have the qb to run it. When I heard the announcer today say that QE was seeing a sports psychologist on how "not to lose", I just knew hes not the guy. Today was a terrible first half but part of that is also on poor OL play. I too am just baffled that we can line up Byron Murphy and Tavondre Sweat in the backfield and get held out of the endzone on goal and 1. Really?

I hope this is not the case. Since the early 2000's, we have seen the challenges facing spread offenses and also the benefits as we ran them very successfully in the 2000's as well. It just presents so many problems for teams if you have the qb to run it. When I heard the announcer today say that QE was seeing a sports psychologist on how "not to lose", I just knew hes not the guy. Today was a terrible first half but part of that is also on poor OL play. I too am just baffled that we can line up Byron Murphy and Tavondre Sweat in the backfield and get held out of the endzone on goal and 1. Really?
I don’t really like doing this because the defensive lineman are not used to locating defenders especially coming off the edge at different angles.

This is the biggest game of the year every year. Getting all of your advantages nullified and having the other team play at another level of intensity is what losers do.

Gabriel did to Pk defense pretty much what Penix did last year. And Pk’s prevent defense prevented a Horn victry so there is that.
I don't disagree with this...The defense was fine in my opinion until the team decided to change everything (essentially giving up 2-3 big plays in a row). Just be who you are - play what you know.

We basically rushed 4 all day and overcame like 9 penalties and 3 turnovers and were still in position to win the game. Then we go into some 3 down lineman dime crap and then nobody knows who to cover anymore. If you don't practice it, don't play it. There was no excuse for that.

The Coach PK t-shirts are now discounted 80%. I'll put you down for a XXXL.
I'll just wait until they're free, which will likely be right after the next game PK faces a decent offense with their first string QB. BTW, I'll take a L with XXL arm holes. :smile1:

I'm going to call it our "2-minute prevent defense".

Our 2-minute prevent defense sucks ***. Whatever it actually is allows teams do whatever they want and should be permanently ripped out of our defensive playbook. I feel like I've seen that before like in the 4th quarter against Baylor when Martinez came in to QB and he looked like a Heisman winner.

What do you call a team that runs a zone defense? LOSERS!

What do you call a team that runs a soft zone defense? BIG LOSERS!

If half your defense is looking at the sideline to get the call when the opposing QB calls for the snap, somebody's *** needs to be kicked. I nominate my favorite lardass Pollock

giveem,

I'd have to disagree, not because I am definitely off the K bandwagon, but because I was around for some of the Greg Davis threads and some about candidates when we were considering options to replace Herman.

It takes a lot for me to blast a coach or player in print, but we are passed the "alot" category.

I love defense - football, basketball, baseball, lacrosse; I LOVE DEFENSE. I have been blessed to watch defenses coached by Mike Campbell, Leon Fuller, Bill Michael, Dick Tomey, Gary Patterson, Rick Lantz, Mervyn Johnson, among others.

To quote Coach Rick, whom I hold second only to Leon,

"Before You Can Win, You Gotta Defend" & yes, I still have the t-shirt his daughters gave me.

If I'm surprised at this defense on Saturday, it's that the line didn't look at dominant relative to the other team's OL.

I have questions about the DBs coverage, though Watts was still out, right?

But we didn't look bigger and stronger on the line

Gabriel is probably the best QB we've seen thus far.
We definitely don't blow out Kansas if Daniels was playing.

But talent for talent, we were never going to push OU's offensive line around. Was foolish to think so.

that prevent defense is what done us in.
we have all seen how that fails time and time again down thru the ages.
So we know better going forward, right?
attack attack attack
man to man...attack attack

Back to Kwiatcollapski. He can only stop second string QBs. What a f**k*ng joke of a DC.

I'm not sure he can stop a decent team playing their 2nd team QB if the game is on the line in the last 2 minutes. If K has our guys playing that 3 down linemen, "prevent" with a soft zone then all bets are off.

I don’t really like doing this because the defensive lineman are not used to locating defenders especially coming off the edge at different angles.
Another note is one article said every time we have used the heavy package its always to the right side of the line.

I'm going to call it our "2-minute prevent defense".

Sark said that in the 6 plays on the final drive three of them had break downs. Two in the defensive backfield in wrong coverage and one on the d-line with their lanes/gaps. That doesn't include a missed tackle in one which would have stopped the ball in bounds and taken even more time off the clock.

In other words, the defense had no idea what they were doing and the coaching staff did nothing along the way (like call time out to regroup) to stop it.

Vol,

The last drive was not the only time that happened. MULTIPLE times during the game the defense is staring at the sideline waiting for the call when OU was already to snap the ball.

Vol,

The last drive was not the only time that happened. MULTIPLE times during the game the defense is staring at the sideline waiting for the call when OU was already to snap the ball.

Yep, but that was the most glaring example except for the last drive at the end of the first half. Exact same crapola.

If we actually had a couple of very quick and elite Defensive Ends (so called Buck and Edge positions) we wouldn’t be moaning over this loss right now. Nothing like a viscous edge rush that runs straight into a qb before he can react on a pass play will potentially change a game’s outcome.
I have also noticed the constant checking of signals from the sidelines for several seasons now. Seems like we need to teach players to call some plays by experience and instincts instead of always relying on sideline coaches. I can see the occasional gadget play call from the sideline but common sense knowledge of down and distance should allow the QB or the defensive play caller to call the play and set the defense or offense.
Just my two cents.

Just like in Dallas, we can’t get the damn defense set in 40 seconds. LBs not lined up when the ball was set. 60+ yards

PK cannot deal with the spread offenses and mobile qb's. Our dl engages with the ol intead of attempting to get off the blocks and go after the qb. db's give to much cushion.

In these days of high scoring spread offenses:

20 points or less = defensive win

21-30 points = defensive push

31 points or more = defensive loss

Today was a push on D. Our O put up over 30 and won us this game.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back