Can anyone justify NOT having the Wall?

I learned a new phrase yesterday...Nimby liberals...they are the middle of the road liberals who refuse to support any conservative policy but will not speak up against the liberal policies they don't like as long as its Not In My Back Yard (nimby).
Traditional Demo-tragically controlled states and cities will fail without continual federal bailouts. The Inflation Reduction Act and the New Green Deal are the means to redistribute taxes from prospering areas to failing…and what the liberals cannot fathom is that it won’t save them or their failing states.

Traditional Demo-tragically controlled states and cities will fail without continual federal bailouts. The Inflation Reduction Act and the New Green Deal are the means to redistribute taxes from prospering areas to failing…and what the liberals cannot fathom is that it won’t save them or their failing states.
Money used to go in reverse to help rural areas. But with rural areas stabilized and in some places doing well due to agriculture and urban out-migration, the money now needs to go to the decaying cities. That is not to say that other rural areas are not hard hit from poverty and drug addiction.

Money used to go in reverse to help rural areas. But with rural areas stabilized and in some places doing well due to agriculture and urban out-migration, the money now needs to go to the decaying cities. That is not to say that other rural areas are not hard hit from poverty and drug addiction.
I would further add that money went to rural areas to minimize rural folks migrating to the city and consuming social services. That is no longer the issue as illegal immigrants are the problem now. As such, money is going to the cities to prevent them descending into chaos. As long as you can get away from urban shitholes, maybe money well spent (vs the alternative).

When are sanctuary cities going to raise taxes on citizens to be able to handle more illegal aliens? That would surely help Chi and NYC, for example.

When are sanctuary cities going to raise taxes on citizens to be able to handle more illegal aliens? That would surely help Chi and NYC, for example.
They are demanding and getting continuous federal bailouts since Covid.

That’s another one of those things I simply cannot wrap my head around, how can someone who is getting a few hundred on a bus periodically throw stones at someone who is getting 1000s a day and claim they are ill equipped to deal with it.

Joaquin Castro is suggesting Biden federally take over the Texas National Guard. If that happens, time for secession. The federal government has abandoned its responsibilities set under the constitution.

Surprised but glad regular people " get it"
Numerous Chicago residents, including multiple Black Democrats, have sued the city in response to the influx of migrants, and they blame President Joe Biden, not people like Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

MSN

I'm struggling to follow what legal grounds the citizens have against the city for this. Of course, I support the dispersing of illegals while the border is open.

This is what I have written about before, I think on this board. The most likely way to avoid tyranny is for red state governors to form a coalition and use their power to push back against the Federal government. This can take the shape of nullification within the Federal system or it can take shape as a secession movement of like minded states. At first, the governors need to show unity on issues like the Texas border and deploy their resources to help each other out. That is being done right now. The next hurdle will be the Federal response. How far can this get pushed and what can States do if the Federal choose to use violence to force their policy. This will accelerate, hopefully, a recalling of National Guardsmen from Federal authority or creating new defense bodies. Another step will be to set up State currency systems to break free from the US$. I wish none of this was necessary but it is. The US regime will not stop on their own.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back