Black Lives Matter; The Cerebral Warlords of Our Time

^^^ Probably here's why:

"Politically, Garza’s decision comes the week before a deadline for an opponent to file to run against him in the March primary. "

"In July, San Francisco’s African American Reparations Advisory Committee issued their final report (pdf) with a lengthy list of recommendations, including a $5 million lump sum payment to each eligible person and additional $97,000—adjusted to median income—each per year for the next 250 years; home, renters, and commercial insurance paid by the city; selling condominiums for $1 to eligible residents; and tax abatement on sales tax for the next 250 years."

LOL pay it!

I have no problem with Juneteenth being celebrated, but we shouldn't create a fake story about it to fit a political narrative. It's uniquely Texan
I was surprised to come across this in my pandora feed:

IMG_8139.jpeg

upload_2023-12-19_13-10-4.png

upload_2023-12-19_13-10-19.png

upload_2023-12-19_13-10-34.png

Reparations. Forgiveness of student loan debt. Benefits for illegals. Calling the adults who are shutting down the government out of desperation over the national debt, MAGA, Racists, Extremists, Rightwingers etc.

Any damned fool politician who gives reparations more consideration than a swath of used toilet paper should be voted out immediately.

You might get a crackpot city on board for something very small as a virtue signalling tool, but no state (or the federal gov't) is going to enact reparations. This is about amping up the black vote before an election. It's the 40 acres and a mule of today.

I saw the beginnings of this in the late 70's. I was in ROTC at Kimball and on the rifle team. We had a match at Pinkston or Lincoln. Can't remember which.

At Kimball you had to have a hall pass, even to go to the bathroom. There were teachers and vice-principals who could stop you at any time. The lights worked and it was a nice campus.

At the match it was utter chaos. We arrived during a class period and there were students everywhere, yelling, screaming, etc. Many lights did not work and no adults to be seen.

While we won the match, as a teenager I was left wondering how anyone could learn in that environment.

Where are the adults? Where are the real educators? Remember Reading, Writing, Arithmetic?

This is sad.

"At a time when ignorance about slavery is widespread and coming from the lips of presidential candidates, we must redouble our efforts to learn about slavery and teach about slavery. None of us should be afraid to teach children about slavery."

Is slavery a discussion point? Is it important? Yes. Should that be our entire focus? No.

Ibram was never a slave, yet he remains one in his mind. Slavery in the U.S. ended almost 160 years ago. As far as I know, none of my ancestors were slave holders. They were sharecroppers and factory workers.

Yet, this overpaid idiot from Harvard would refer to me as a colonizer. Give me a break.

This is sad.

"At a time when ignorance about slavery is widespread and coming from the lips of presidential candidates, we must redouble our efforts to learn about slavery and teach about slavery. None of us should be afraid to teach children about slavery."

Is slavery a discussion point? Is it important? Yes. Should that be our entire focus? No.

Ibram was never a slave, yet he remains one in his mind. Slavery in the U.S. ended almost 160 years ago. As far as I know, none of my ancestors were slave holders. They were sharecroppers and factory workers.

Yet, this overpaid idiot from Harvard would refer to me as a colonizer. Give me a break.
My grandparents came from Europe poor as dirt. So give me a ******* break.

Most of my ancestors were a combination of Welsh and Scottish immigrants, all of whom were broke-*** poor.

The big exception was my maternal great grandfather, who was a low-level thug in the Sicilian mafia. He probably broke some legs and shattered a few kneecaps, but his victims were almost surely white.

Last edited:
My ancestors fled Europe in the 1600s. No clue if any had slaves but very much a clue that no wealth transferred down to me.

Most of my ancestors were a combination of Welsh and Scottish immigrants, all of whom were broke-*** poor.

The big exception was my maternal great grandfather, who was a low-level thug in the Sicilian mafia. He probably broke some legs and shattered a few kneecaps, but his victims were almost surely white.

I remember when I was at tech training in the usaf, one guy asked me what my heritage was. "Texan" I replied. He said No, where did your parents, grandparents come from before arrival in America?".

"Baylor hospital, slick. That's where it all began for me, all I'm interested in". He was unfulfilled by my answers. Pity

My ancestry is English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh. I have two MacDuff kilts and my wife definitely gets, "Lay on MacDuff". That's Shakespeare for those north of the Red River.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back