Band and Cheer Stuff

1725986657972.png

Important message cross- posted from the Pump Some Sunshine thread:

Our offense is awesome
Our defense dominates
We've got that winning combination
And that's great!

:cheernana::cheernana::cheernana::cheernana::cheernana:
And Special Teams?!?! Should we just say that they are SPECIAL?

My customers down there are primarily in DF and live in compounds. They usually want me to stay at their homes. Won't let me eat chicken, pork, veggies, fruit, or beef nacionale. I do get watermelon for breakfast and a lot of shrimp.

That said, years ago there was an Argentine steak house a couple of blocks from the Presidente Hotel in the Zona Rosa that was outstanding. Area is no longer safe.

My customers down there are primarily in DF and live in compounds. They usually want me to stay at their homes. Won't let me eat chicken, pork, veggies, fruit, or beef nacionale. I do get watermelon for breakfast and a lot of shrimp.

That said, years ago there was an Argentine steak house a couple of blocks from the Presidente Hotel in the Zona Rosa that was outstanding. Area is no longer safe.
I've had good luck with the steaks South of the Rio Grande.

They do raise a lot of beef down there.

And frankly, some of the hamburguesas down there are pretty darn good too. The tacos range from so-so to fantastic. Eggs on lots of stuff I wouldn't have thought to put egg on.

The street fruit smoothy places are also good, but you need a strong stomach because that ice they use usually comes from tap water.

I never liked their beef, but when Bush did his deal, they began importing USDA beef. Significant difference in taste of theirs' and ours

I never liked their beef, but when Bush did his deal, they began importing USDA beef. Significant difference in taste of theirs' and ours
Theirs is more grass fed, and they still have a lot of "heirloom" breeds of cattle--not all Angus hybrids.

Growing up in El Paso going across the border was commonplace and the food and fun was cheap and good. Now my relatives that remain in “the Mexican food capital of the US” (El Paso) will adamantly insist it do NOT cross the border whenever I visit. Kinda sad really, but I obey.

I have not seen the movie that McConaughey won the Oscar for, but some time I'll share with you the real story. That said the logistics today (that was early 90s) would get you killed every day. The MD lived in Lower Valley, drove an old Cadillac, and didn't make that much money off the cocktail. I was stunned how clean El Paso's poorest neighborhood was, but biggest surprise was the divide between "East El Paso" and "West El Paso"

NEVER eat Texican food in a foreign country (like Michigan). That can make a fellow HIGHLY irregular.
True, true, true. By far the worst case of food poisoning I ever got was because I made the mistake of ordering Chicken Mole enchiladas in Park City, Utah.

Lesson learned, and learned the hard way.

True, true, true. By far the worst case of food poisoning I ever got was because I made the mistake of ordering Chicken Mole enchiladas in Park City, Utah.

SN, there are always exceptions. There was a Mexican food place in Hong Kong (before the handover) that would rival Matt's or El Patio (plus the jukebox was full of Waylon and Willie).

Worst case of food poisoning for me was acquired from a batch of chalupas from the Koko Korner in Lubbock. ***** all you want, South Plains/Panhandle AIN'T real Mexican, Tex-Mex or Texican. I know because I grew up thinking that was the real stuff, then I moved & discovered the error of their ways.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back