2026 Recruiting-Football

Notwithstanding our excellent classes since Sark took over, we are still losing WAY too many high quality in state recruits. With NIL everything has changed and the methods used to recruit must evolve accordingly, but the mercenary attitude of many of the kids is amazing and they are simply unable to grasp the perpetual value of being associated with the University of Texas, even for those that don't get degrees.

Notwithstanding our excellent classes since Sark took over, we are still losing WAY too many high quality in state recruits. With NIL everything has changed and the methods used to recruit must evolve accordingly, but the mercenary attitude of many of the kids is amazing and they are simply unable to grasp the perpetual value of being associated with the University of Texas, even for those that don't get degrees.
Nor dis many of us, fwiw.

I'm not a huge fan of NIL, but this might be what I like the least.

I don't fault the kids who leave for more money. They have been given this opportunity and they have to start thinking like adults too early.

I had lots of friends who moved away from Texas after college. The were looking for the best career WITH THE MOST MONEY. Some guys wanted to stay in Texas close to home and family and DKR in the fall lol. But others accepted jobs with the biggest offer. For sure.

Just wish these kids didn't have to do that so much at their age.

Last edited:
Anybody have access to his family tree?

IIRC, there were three great players out of that family:

1) Jaworski Lane out of Lufkin went to aTm

2) Jermichael out of Diboll

3) Jamarcus Russell (???) out of Lufkin I think went to OU

1725590896370.png

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back