2024 Softball Season

About the last 2 games in Clearwater:
1. I was shocked to see Mike White calmly contesting bad calls - especially the one where the ball fell onto the hand of the Stanford player. That was a typical play where Mike would get tossed for the heat he would be bringing to the umps

2. So, no replay in the tournament in CA and no replay in Clearwater. I can understand not having it in a packed Clearwater tournament, as it would cause massive time delays. But, did they explain it during the broadcast?

3. No safety bag. I thought that was agreed upon this year. Or is it purely on the discretion of the hosting field/team?

What the heck has happened to Mac Morgan?? Threw the first game no hitter then she’s a ghost? I just knew she would start one of the first 2 games in Clearwater. Maybe she’s not our ace anymore?
Even though Morgan pitched the first game of the year, it was not against our best opponent(s) last weekend. Kavan and Gutierrez were the ones who started the 2 games against UCLA. This weekend, Citlaly got the start against Tennessee and Teagan against Stanford. So, Morgan is third on the depth chart, IMO.

Even though Morgan pitched the first game of the year, it was not against our best opponent(s) last weekend. Kavan and Gutierrez were the ones who started the 2 games against UCLA. This weekend, Citlaly got the start against Tennessee and Teagan against Stanford. So, Morgan is third on the depth chart, IMO.
It certainly appears so now. Considering she was our ace last year expected more opportunities for her! Mike Whites know what he has though!

It certainly appears so now. Considering she was our ace last year expected more opportunities for her! Mike Whites know what he has though!
I mean, White has not had much luck with freshmen pitchers since he arrived at Texas. Citlaly was the first one who kind of completed her first year with an above average type of season; my hopes for her were to build on that success (as she had come from 2A ball in high school), and it appears she has done just that.

Hopes were high for Kavan, not just because of her recruiting ranking (as we've seen that not translate in college), but because there were some glowing reports on her Fall performance. Hard to argue that she is not living up to that praise after 2 weekends of the season.

The social media for Texas has come a long way in improving the coverage of the team!! I would assume the 4 part coverage will be about the 4 seniors!!

Looking forward to the first home game on a great weather day! I predict run-rule so then I can hustle over to Moody for the WBB game.

Well Racer Horns are prolonging the,third inning by scoring so you will have to hustle.
I really like these unis

Last edited:
Still in bottom of 4th
Bases loaded with 1 out.
getting people off the bench for valuable playing time
and They are delivering

Man the ball flys off Stewarts bat. So much depth going to be hard to find ABs for everyone. I think eventually Goode will take over for Washington at 2B to get another big bat in the lineup.

Recent Threads

Back