2024 Softball Season

Kaydee Bennett from Abilene Christian is rumored to be on a visit to Texas; Singleton's tweet could be about her.

You nailed it! Kaydee Bennett from Abilene Christian joins the softball team from the portal!! Brings a nice batting average with her. Similar play to what Joley Mitchell brought to the team last year!

You nailed it! Kaydee Bennett from Abilene Christian joins the softball team from the portal!! Brings a nice batting average with her. Similar play to what Joley Mitchell brought to the team last year!

SDQkLpC.png

If Academics is part of her decision there is no way Oklahoma should be considered. Texas checks all the boxes for her academically and closer to home. She would automatically become the ace of the staff so she knows she will get the innings but at the same time she has support to where she doesn’t need to pitch until her arm falls off.

If Academics is part of her decision there is no way Oklahoma should be considered. Texas checks all the boxes for her academically and closer to home. She would automatically become the ace of the staff so she knows she will get the innings but at the same time she has support to where she doesn’t need to pitch until her arm falls off.
Has been my point all along. With our staff she would only need to start 15-17 gms. Maybe she would like to swing the bat a few times. All I hope plays a part with her decision. :bevo:

Do we even know if the coaching staff offered and Canady accepted? If yes, to any, has there been a visit? The automatic "ace" comment doesn't matter if she does not plan to sign with us.
Also, I think it's the "ring" she wants to try to get and not the quality of her degree. She would not be leaving Stanford if quality education mattered.
The comment about "her carrying the load" makes sense. Here is where the Horns have a chance to sign her up. :hookem: :ousucks:

My opinion of the chances of 3 schools landing Canady:
OU: 50%
Texas: 30%
Florida: 20%

Thoughts?

OU 60%
Tx. 40%

I think it all comes down to how she feels that ou is in a rebuilding year or not. On paper we look to have the better set roster for next year. Playing for Gasso and closer to home may trump that.

OU 60%
Tx. 40%

I think it all comes down to how she feels that ou is in a rebuilding year or not. On paper we look to have the better set roster for next year. Playing for Gasso and closer to home may trump that.
She's from Topeka, KS. Drive from Topeka to Norman is 3.5 hrs. Unfortunately.

Recent Threads

Back