2024 Softball Season

I just don't understand how many just assume OU can lose as much offense and defense/pitching as they have and remain an automatic top 10 program. I don't think they have had to deal with a serious rebuild in 4 years.
Nijaree Canady may not choose us but I don't think it will be because of the trajactory of the 2 programs. Here (Texas) she probably only has to start 15 games at the most. No program in the country can say that, not even Florida.
Texas may not have the new fancy stadium but we will sellout everywhere we play next year. The SEC will love to hate Texas.
A presentation has to be more than past success. It has to include the direction of the future.
Texas will be in that conversation. :bevo:

I just don't understand how many just assume OU can lose as much offense and defense/pitching as they have and remain an automatic top 10 program. I don't think they have had to deal with a serious rebuild in 4 years.
Nijaree Canady may not choose us but I don't think it will be because of the trajactory of the 2 programs. Here (Texas) she probably only has to start 15 games at the most. No program in the country can say that, not even Florida.
Texas may not have the new fancy stadium but we will sellout everywhere we play next year. The SEC will love to hate Texas.
A presentation has to be more than past success. It has to include the direction of the future.
Texas will be in that conversation. :bevo:

Because they have arguably the best coach in softball. They have one of the best pitching coaches in softball. You are mistaken if you don't think "recruits" don't look at past results in their decision process.
Lets see a proven winning program or a program that nibbles along the edges but has never taken the big gulp.

As far as oki losing "all that talant " lets not forget they were freshmen when they came in 4-5 yesrs ago.
Anybody that doesn't believe oki will not be a top 10 program next year, I have some sea front property in Arizona to sell you.

I think most just salivate at the thought of OU slipping down. Without Canady, yes they’ll still be good. But we enter a season where OU is not a lock for the CWS. With her, it’s a foregone conclusion.

So, yeah, I hope she picks somewhere else (even if not Texas).

Because they have arguably the best coach in softball. They have one of the best pitching coaches in softball. You are mistaken if you don't think "recruits" don't look at past results in their decision process.
Lets see a proven winning program or a program that nibbles along the edges but has never taken the big gulp.

As far as oki losing "all that talant " lets not forget they were freshmen when they came in 4-5 yesrs ago.
Anybody that doesn't believe oki will not be a top 10 program next year, I have some sea front property in Arizona to sell you.
Suggestion...Read the post then think before responding.

I think that OU will not slip that much because history has shown they haven't. When they had Star PitcherA from the transfer portal and she had 2 years of eligibility I thought, "Okay one more year of her" and then the next year, with PitcherA, they picked up Star PitcherB and she had 3 more years of eligibility, I sighed, "Okay, two more years of PitcherB" and then the next year they picked up Star PitcherC and Star BatterD". After years of saying, "Okay, this NEXT year they will have a drop off", I've just told myself that Gasso has built a effective recruiting and developmental machine.

When you see players leaving, like the second baseman who shone during the playoffs for an injured teammate, you tell yourself "Someone must have told her that while she did good, she would have to compete for that job next year".

When, in football, Alabama or Georgia lost 10 players to the draft, everyone said, "YES, we got them next year". Well, no they just had as good of players waiting in the wings. I have no idea how good the second string is at OU, so maybe they will take a big dip. But, "the proof is in the pudding" as Vic said. Gasso reloads and wins.

You know, when I type all that up, I'm NOT dumping on the UT program. I'm just tired of hoping and wishing OU would finally stumble with rookie players.

I'm just tired of hoping and wishing OU would finally stumble with rookie players.[/QUOTE]

Quite so. As we all are. It's an obsession with some posters on this board.
Bottom line is until we can slay the beast in a meaningful game or series we'll be "one of the rest " of the teams.

First let me preface what I'm about to say with it is not my intent to challenge anyone's opinion here but I will never be that fair weather poster that post on our board about how good OU Coach is, how good their pitching coach is or how great their talent is. So if we lose one can say "I told ya so". Yes we lost our last 3 gms against OU but we won a series for the first time in maybe 20 years. For me that is progress. Maybe we lose the next 20 gms to them but this is the off season...I like what Coach White is doing. We lose 2 starters and no pitchers. OU lose maybe 5 or 6 position players.
The last thing I'll say is remember our players also read what is posted here. I want them to see me being supportive .
My money and my support will always be with Texas Sports. :bevo:

I would guess no news is no Canady & Longhorn roster news :rolleyes1: No Canady visit in Austin news :rolleyes1: No invite or she never accepted :fire: Every time I get an ESPN alert... first thought is she accepted elsewhere:idk: Just wondering out loud... :soapbox:.

:ut::hookem2:

I was listening to a softball podcast and they went into depth about Glasco leaving Louisiana for Tech. Basically it breaks down to several reasons:
1. In the past, he thought he could get to the WCWS as a mid-major. But now with NIL and upcoming revenue sharing, that's not as feasible

2. He lost out on a few pitchers in recruiting because it came down to the NIL money

3. Most of the Cajun fans are understanding, with a minority being upset. But the reporter they interviewed said mostly they were confused. They were confused why he would go to Texas Tech

4. They figured that he wouldn't be there forever, but that this upcoming year of 2024-2025, he had almost all his players returning. One reserve outfielder hit the portal before his announcement. This was going to be his best team in a very long time. At the time of this interview, only 2 had gone into the portal after the coaching change. Now, it's up to 4.

When they said that I remembered that at the beginning of NIL, Tech claimed that every one of their student athletes would receive a "stipend" from NIL.

When I saw this, I imagined it was one of Mike White's more "aggressive" base running decisions where Texas is the team being tagged out.

Not a portal pickup I could have predicted.

Admit it, when you see the word "Campbell" you have to remind yourself that's a college.

NIL. $ talks. Also, hate to say it, they have a damned good Softball program. Patti is a damned good recruiter & coach...also, NIL.

Careful. You may be accused of being a " fair weather" fan for posting things like this...ha

Happened to see that they were replaying some games from the WCWS. I taped the games vs Stanford(#2) and Florida. All during the Stanford game, they announcers kept saying, "And Canady has pitched every single pitch in this world series". Yeah, I think she wanted to save her arm for the next 2 years.

I don't want to predict what's going to happen (i.e. who committed) cause I'll look stupid when "signs" I point to mean absolutely nothing!

Kaydee Bennett from Abilene Christian is rumored to be on a visit to Texas; Singleton's tweet could be about her.

Yeah she is currently on a visit but I also think she arrived today. Would be weird for her to commit the day she arrives on campus unless she really just loves Texas.

Recent Threads

Back