2024 Softball Season

She’s currently dating Texas running back Johnathan brooks so that to go along with her being passed up on the depth chart I’m sure she just decided to attend school and focus on her relationship. Wish her the best though

Love this picture of the team provided by Coach Patti Ruth Taylor. Not sure when this was made but Estelle Czech must have been away so they are holding up a lap top with her on FaceTime.

Braylea was in the picture posted Dec 25. She had to see the writing on the wall that her potential for playing time was pretty low. She would have a hard time breaking into the line up even as a DH with the guns they brought in with this recruiting class. Hope the best for her! That leaves 21 on roster! The perfect amount.

Braylea was in the picture posted Dec 25. She had to see the writing on the wall that her potential for playing time was pretty low. She would have a hard time breaking into the line up even as a DH with the guns they brought in with this recruiting class. Hope the best for her! That leaves 21 on roster! The perfect amount.

That one stings bc she can absolutely hit, not sure why she didn't get more ABs.

Check this out! What an honor to play for the University of Texas in any sport, or just be an alum! UT just makes people better!

You know when I look at this list, the first thing I think is:

So, next year, teams like Tennessee and Georgia and Alabama and LSU and Arkansas and Auburn and Florida and A&M will FINALLY feel the pain we (and OSU and Baylor) feel each year.

And then it comes back to me. Oh, have to wait a year to share our pain. Oh well.

18 total picks for the all conference team.
ou had 7, Texas has 5, all other schools 6. Texas and ou dominated the team to be clear.
Disappointed Atwood and Goode were left off the team, they were both 2023 2nd team all conference. But I guess you can’t have it all!

Last edited:
I just read the story about that softball team on the texassports.com site, and Leigh an Goode was not on the roster presented after reading the story for some reason. I hope this is just a mistake, because she was one of my favorite players. I did notice during Texas A&M exhibition game that she seemed to have a cast on her forearm, and didn't play. Does anybody know what is going on with her?

I'm sorry. I was looking at the presumed all conference roster, not the full UT roster. Leighann is on the listed roster at UTsports.com. I'm surprised she is not on the presumed all conference team, but I'm sure that will motivate her. I hope her arm is recovering quickly.

Seriously this is the first year Texas has had so many studs to choose from!!
For sure starters infield:
Mia Scott
Viv Martinez
Leighann Goode
Reese Atwood
For sure starters Outfield:
Bella Dayton
Ashton Maloney
Pitcher:
Mac Morgan
That leaves 1st, left field and DH and I Have to make a choice:
Kayden Henry - LF
Ryan Brown - 1st
Joley Mitchell - DH
That leaves Washington, Stewart or Cimusz first off the bench. This is all assuming L. Goode is ready to play. Wow those are some nice choices to have!
Let’s go Jacob, what ya got!!

Seriously this is the first year Texas has had so many studs to choose from!!
For sure starters infield:
Mia Scott
Viv Martinez
Leighann Goode
Reese Atwood
For sure starters Outfield:
Bella Dayton
Ashton Maloney
Pitcher:
Mac Morgan
That leaves 1st, left field and DH and I Have to make a choice:
Kayden Henry - LF
Ryan Brown - 1st
Joley Mitchell - DH
That leaves Washington, Stewart or Cimusz first off the bench. This is all assuming L. Goode is ready to play. Wow those are some nice choices to have!
Let’s go Jacob, what ya got!!
My prediction is…..
1B- Brown/ Stewart
2B- Goode(if healthy)
SS- Martinez
3rd- Scott
C- Atwood
LF- Henry
CF- Dayton
RF- Maloney
DH- Mitchell

My only question was between Mitchell/Stewart/Brown. I think those three will rotate between 1st base and DH and Stewart will play catcher and that would put Atwood at 1st or DH when she’s not catching. This could possibly be the best lineup Texas has had since Mike White was hired. They have the speed and power to go along with the short game so I’m excited!!!

Softball America’s list of top 100 players for the upcoming season. Teagan Kavan made this list, just ahead of Mac but Atwood did not get chosen. I believe Kavan is going to be a Star! A lot of people believe Texas has the players this year! God I hope we beat ou a couple of times!

USA softball gets in on the action of ranking the top 50 in NCAA softball. Mia Scott and Mac Morgan make the list of players to watch!!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back