2024 Softball Season

Simpson is FINISHED! She has no control and no confidence! How could Mike White have any confidence in putting her in again? And she was a great high school and travel ball pitcher coming into Texas! I really believe it’s mental with her? I feel sorry for her but the transfer portal at the end of the season maybe the best thing for her?

Last edited:
Mia is resting according to commentators. I remember she has a knee brace in the fall and didn’t play some of the fall games so I wonder if it’s her knee.
Rough outing for Sophia. You can’t help but feel bad for her. Starts off striking out her first batter. Then uncharacteristically throws 4 riseballs in a row that the batter doesn’t swing at resulting in a walk. Then her next at bat is a 12 pitch at bat where the batter gets a hit through the hole on a pitch out of the zone. Then her next at bat, the batter has good luck and bunts on two strikes on a perfectly placed bunt loading the bases. Strikes out the next at bat. Walks the dangerous Coby and is then pulled.

I got a feeling some here are gonna regret dismissing Sophia at this point in the season. How many games have we lost because of her? None, cause we don't blame players for losses, this is a team sport. WE did not hit the ball well this entire weekend, but we won so no one cares. We fielded like crazy but few here will credit our defense for these wins. Come on y'all we here are better than this. :bevo:

She hasn't go to pitch enough to get in a grove. I think she will be used in relief the next two series. She should be pitching more in the midweek games to have her ready.

In regards to pitching, I noticed that BYU had 7 pitchers listed and UCF had 6 pitchers. If there are no transfer out of Texas pitchers before the 2025 season, Texas will end up with 6 pitchers as well. A trend?

Seems you can never have too many arms but does it hurt our depth with position players?
Well, we do have depth in our position players, which is a good problem to have.

I noticed no one has said here, "Where was Stewie for the Saturday game?" And then Mike "rested" Mia until he wanted to make sure he had a fast outfielder to close out the game. It was to give the other hot hitters playing time.

She hasn't go to pitch enough to get in a grove. I think she will be used in relief the next two series. She should be pitching more in the midweek games to have her ready.
She definitely should be used in midweek games against weaker opponents to get mound time. She was incredible against UTA.

I like our depth but almost think giving White too many options is a bad thing. Feel like he over thinks the game quite a bit.

Simpson is at her best when she find the right balance of effectively wild. If its a tight zone behind the plate she will always sturggle. She seems to struggle with her change location more this year because of the new follow through. She doesn't have that little trade mark hop at the end anymore.

Simpson, with the help of the staff, will get her issues lined out and will show up BIG down the stretch. I gotta believe!

Simpson, with the help of the staff, will get her issues lined out and will show up BIG down the stretch. I gotta believe!

I agree. This was a bad outing, but at the same time it wasn't. It didn't end up in a loss, it had two great strikeouts, and it had an unfortunate/lucky bounce on a play that otherwise could've been the third out. She was high (and in the dirt), but I do think they can fix that. She's going to be good to show people something different than our other pitchers. She's just got to manage her game a bit.

Wow, firing a coach in the middle of the year. This is his 7th year at Auburn and he's won 39+ games 4 of those 7.

Simpson is FINISHED! She has no control and no confidence! How could Mike White have any confidence in putting her in again? And she was a great high school and travel ball pitcher coming into Texas! I really believe it’s mental with her? I feel sorry for her but the transfer portal at the end of the season maybe the best thing for her?

Maybe if a coach didnt come out and change catchers right after she gets a strikeout !!!!!!!! Nothing like ICING your own pitcher. Hay White buy a CLUE

At some point if we are going to be viewed as a top tier program we will have to win some of these tough road games. Too many times we get down early and there is not much fight left in our game. The top teams fight through and compete. Who are we?:bevo:

Morgan and Kavan need to switch! Kavan is great but it’s too much pressure in these big games. I think she’ll be better off being the second or third option.

At some point if we are going to be viewed as a top tier program we will have to win some of these tough road games. Too many times we get down early and there is not much fight left in our game. The top teams fight through and compete. Who are we?:bevo:

Gotta stop trying this freshman science project !!! gotta start your more seasoned players in a HOSTILE away game.

Gotta stop trying this freshman science project !!! gotta start your more seasoned players in a HOSTILE away game.
Youth and/or inexperience is not the problem in my opinion. We have enough seasoned players that as a team we should perform better than this on the road. We are not gonna win many 1-0 games on the road in hostile environments. We can't lay an egg and expect to beat anyone. We gotta hit/score the ball to compete.:bevo:

Last edited:
Whew, that was embarrassing. Giving up 3 HRs? Ummmm. We swept them last year, which was a total shocker. This year, being in Stillwater, I had a feeling it wouldn't be a sweep.

When we hit that poorly, by the 3rd time we've seen the same pitcher we start hitting them better. Unfortunately, it was the 5th inning for some players before they saw their pitcher for only the second time. And, like the commentators said, she seemed to be getting stronger during the game (but that's wrong as we got more hits off of her in the later innings).

That's why they play three!

Base running and bobbles in the field had my blood pressure up.

I guess putting in an "experienced" pitcher did the trick. That was sarcasm, btw.

OU is in town this coming weekend and they are much better than OSU. This may decide what type of team we really are.

Yup. It’s definitely not about stats but I’m curious how far we fall in our offensive stats based on this series.

I mean I guess I’d rather have the gooseeggs now rather than later. But…damn that sucked.

I thought our identity had been defined in our first 25 games. I appear to be wrong about that. I hope we get back to that version of Texas Softball.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back