2024 Recruiting - Football

So if say Texas is recruiting a player hard full throttle, and he chooses a different school, then it doesn’t work out and portals out, does Texas still pursue that player or is that door closed?

So if say Texas is recruiting a player hard full throttle, and he chooses a different school, then it doesn’t work out and portals out, does Texas still pursue that player or is that door closed?
Usually a player chooses another school over Texas for underhanded reasons. Thus, generally we don’t want them if they don’t pan out elsewhere.

On WR Ryan Wingo...IT is also saying Missouri has taken the lead.

Missouri's offense, the production of WR Luther Burden and proximity to home are working in their favor right now.

However, they were told "it's not over" and he's still "going back and forth" on his college decision.

On WR Ryan Wingo...IT is also saying Missouri has taken the lead.

Missouri's offense, the production of WR Luther Burden and proximity to home are working in their favor right now.

However, they were told "it's not over" and he's still "going back and forth" on his college decision.
If Missouri in fact continues this path then probably better for him to be close to home. They have not been very good as of recent and have never been dominant in the almost 60+ yrs I can recall. But if he can be close to home and his family/friends are there for support, power to him. Would love to have him but not everything works out. We certainly have some wr talent on the roster if they pan out.

We’re going to be lean at WR if all four of the starters (including TE) leave or run out of eligibility. No doubt the coaches are all over this area of need, plus defensive tackle, and edge. I’m guessing that they may have to turn to the portal.

I’m sure that the current Texas coaching staff has all scenarios under control if this or that happens with those running out of eligibility or declaring for the draft.
Not only through recruiting and development of those that want to be Longhorns, there’s always the portal to fill whatever needs present themselves.
Dang, that sounded like Captain Obvious or the well known No $hit Sherlock.
What can I say, it’s been a long week of recovery.

cnb, with all of the (annual) TAM hand wringing on full display everywhere in social media, are you hearing any inkling of decommittments? Any scuttlebutt on Bussey and/or McKinley?

Since we are going after WR, it must be certain that Wingo is going to Missouri.

Neither has anything to do with Wingo. Williams's offer comes from the staff's senior evaluation. Stone was offerred months ago and would have always been a take.
If we whiff on Wingo it will be addressed vía the portal.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back