2024 Recruiting - Football

1500x500

I bet his daddy stays in debt keeping groceries in the house.

IT talked to an OL coach who was recruiting Daniel Cruz...

"This kid is full of intangibles. Those kids don't fail. And when you watch him in the weight room power clean, he can unlock explosive power in his hips that we don't see a lot. And when you are playing center, that is a differentiator. Can't miss player."

Daniel Cruz, Richland, Offensive Line

On S Jordon Johnson-Rubell...

TFB was reporting he was very likely headed elsewhere - to Ohio State - because they had received intel that he filmed a commitment video while in Columbus.

They're saying any opportunity he did have to be in Ohio State's class is now off the table because he took an official visit to Austin.

They're of the opinion that Texas is back in a strong position.

Jordon Johnson-Rubell, IMG Academy, Safety

To my memory, Mack Brown had that rule. He famously said that after committing, it was like getting engaged, with no more looking around.
However I don’t think TH or Sark have that policy.
Truth-
I was at a mtg, Brown said this.
Commit- take another visit afterwards. Offer pulled.

B4 you get all red faced, his theory is solid. He said signing a kid that might flip would cost him a solid commitment from another kid… thus costing him 2 solid recruits.

Per IT, OL Brandon Baker and his family have had "multiple, very positive conversations" with the staff since leaving Austin.

They're saying, at minimum, Texas is a co-leader if not the outright leader at this point, with Oregon slipping a bit.

He likes that there is a strong SoCal presence at Texas and says his official visit felt like home.

His Ohio State trip was thought to be very positive, but Georgia isn't real competition with distance being a huge factor.

Brandon Baker, Mater Dei, Offensive Tackle

Truth-

B4 you get all red faced, his theory is solid. He said signing a kid that might flip would cost him a solid commitment from another kid… thus costing him 2 solid recruits.
Fine, except MB or any other HC worth his salt will continue after a player regardless of their commitment status. Signed NLI is a different story.

Fine, except MB or any other HC worth his salt will continue after a player regardless of their commitment status. Signed NLI is a different story.
I do agree, but I like the pull offer and get the kid who wants to be here.
If the unfaithful kid wants to sign and there a spot, fine… but how many 4-5 stars don’t pan out..
I mean these recruiting services rate a kid as someone as the 4th CB and it’s nuts to know if 4th rated 16 year old CB is that much better than the 17 year old 51st best player… in the nation.
Or when they show an overall player move diwn from 21st to 26th… nuts.

They're saying any opportunity he did have to be in Ohio State's class is now off the table because he took an official visit to Austin.

To my memory, Mack Brown had that rule. He famously said that after committing, it was like getting engaged, with no more looking around.
However I don’t think TH or Sark have that policy.

Truth-

The first quote reads as if it was a specific "no visit to Texas" rule that got his offer pulled. But if anOSU has a Mack Brown style rule in place, then they aren't running scared of us, but are just enforcing their own recruiting expectations on the kids. I happen to agree it's not necessarily a bad rule to have.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back