2024 GOP Primary

Trump +3 in 2-way in CNN poll which likely translates to +5 in 5-way. We just need the polls to be close until Harris is nominated remotely a week before the DNC convention

I think the biggest shift is that Democratic turnout won't be as crappy as it likely would have been. It's pretty hard to get people excited to vote for a vegetable, and for all her faults, Harris doesn't look close to death like Biden did.

But I think she still has many of the vulnerabilities Biden had, because she generally supported Biden's agenda as you'd expect from a VP. Accordingly, you can throw inflation and illegal immigration at her in a pretty big way. The withdrawl from Afghanistan is a little tougher to pin on her, because that is pretty specific to Biden and his immediate people, but I'd try it anyway.

I would not bring up Willie Brown. Also, though I would make federal DEI policy an issue, I wouldn't specifically call her a DEI hire. Both of those carry more risk than reward. Instead, I'd stay on the substance of DEI. Besides, people know she's a DEI hire. We don't have to spell it out.

Last edited:
Trump winning all the battleground states except for tie in WI according to Emerson polling. Note the state polls mostly undercounted Trump support in 2016 and 2020. Pollsters say they have corrected their methods now. Anyway, wait until the first debate in Sept to see further movement. As long as the Trump campaign is smart, they can’t lose this.

I think the black voter angle is likely wrong. There are two parts to voting.
1. who do you prefer?
2. Are you willing to get off the couch and actually go vote for that person?

Polls do ok at capturing #1, they do a lousy job at capturing #2. While there may not be more black people that prefer KH, there are likely more of those people willing to get off the couch and vote than there would have been for JB. In other words, she will be better able to leverage the base than JB was.

That’s my assessment as well BO. Remembering the emotional overload among primarily the black voter when Obama won will translate here too. Many millions will vote that would not have voted for Biden because 1) it’s a woman, and 2) she’s a black. People want to be a part of a ‘first’.

That’s my assessment as well BO. Remembering the emotional overload among primarily the black voter when Obama won will translate here too. Many millions will vote that would not have voted for Biden because 1) it’s a woman, and 2) she’s a black. People want to be a part of a ‘first’.
Kamala is no Obama. No one but the brain dead wants a moron as president.

Kamala is no Obama. No one but the brain dead wants a moron as president.
Counterpoint:

IMG_7354.jpeg

As long as the Trump campaign is smart, they can’t lose this.
The Trump campaign smart approach - attack the record. Harris was #2 in the Biden administration, and like it or not, she can be tagged with the Biden failures (especially inflation and the border mess). Name-calling and personal attacks will be counterproductive - stick to the issues and the record.

KH just did RuPaul show. That was error on Dems part. They've just reinforced their position on the LGBTxxxx stuff. GOP needs to be artful about it, but given the huge backlash against wokeness, DEI, trans in girls sports etc....This is a big opening.

So far, as many of us thought, J.D. Vance has been a big negative to the Trump campaign. Instead of the usual 4-10% bump after a VP nomination, Vance is a -4, and is the least popular VP pick since 1980.

I don't know much about constitutional law, but is there anyway he can be de-selected and replaced with someone who will help, not hurt the ticket? (Nikki Haley, perhaps?)

I like Vance ok, but he has way too many skeletons in his closet that angers the demographic we need the most to win--educated females.

He is just too MAGA, and frankly, some of his past comments piss me off, too.
I know they were made in the past, but some just a couple of years ago. Not cool.
He will not budge the needle on any "undecideds", in fact, if Kamala picks a good VP, that ticket may pick them up.

So, to the non-lawyer layman, may Trump change his mind, or does that stir up the newly minted united Republican party? None of my friends are impressed by him, and I am turning to the great minds of Hornfans to share their thoughts.
(Don't underestimate the female vote, especially if he wants NO abortions, even state decided, and makes light of women with cats. You don't want to poke that bear)

Last edited:
So far, as many of us thought, J.D. Vance has been a big negative to the Trump campaign. Instead of the usual 4-10% bump after a VP nomination, Vance is a -4, and is the least popular VP pick since 1980.

I don't know much about constitutional law, but is there anyway he can be de-selected and replaced with someone who will help, not hurt the ticket? (Nikki Haley, perhaps?)

I like Vance ok, but he has way too many skeletons in his closet that angers the demographic we need the most to win--educated females.

I know they were made in the past, but some just a couple of years ago. Not cool.
He will not budge the needle on any "undecideds", in fact, if Kamala picks a good VP, that ticket may pick them up.

So, to the non-lawyer layman, may Trump change his mind, or does that stir up the newly minted united Republican party? None of my friends are impressed by him, and I am turning to the great minds of Hornfans to share their thoughts.
(Don't underestimate the female vote, especially if he wants NO abortions, even state decided, and makes light of women with cats. You don't want to poke that bear)

The point is to set up a new Republican Party which will actually take the interests of Americans into account. Mass immigration, central banking, and war is loved by those in power because it makes them rich. But it impoverishes the rest of us and destroys America as a place. Niki Haley is a part of the ruling elite that is getting rich off of destroying America. She is a traitor and should be shunned. Vance is an American with some ideological warts but he is bringing the Silicon Valley elite with him. It is a new power structure that could actually make America great again. They are most likely anti-climate catastrophism too since their AI dreams require a 100 times more electrical power than we have today.

Don’t worry - Kamala will not select a moderate for VP.

I understand the frustration that Desantis bailed after only one state, but the timing of the primaries isn't the big factor. Had he lost IA but looked strong in other states, he likely would have stayed in. The reason IA, NH, and SC get so much attention is that they are often bellwether states for predicting what other primary voters will do. The problem for Desantis is that looking at the rest of the country, IA looked more like a ceiling than a floor. It sucked, but it was true. Again, this is what the voters wanted.

You are apparently missing the point. Vance was picked for competence after Trump wins. In other words, he wasn’t picked to help the ticket in terms of electability. Granted the pick was done when Biden was still running.

Vance has stated that he wants the abortion issue decided by states not feds. He represents the status quo, not some radical abolition movement.

He also needs to make fun of cat ladies. The demographic votes Democrat 99% of the time. They won't vote for him regardless of what he says. Use language that will convince all the non-cat ladies to vote the opposite way.

Mona
Your point about Vance's and Trump's position on abortion is so right.
Has any dem or leftist explained why they object to having it decided state by state? It seems like they would like that as they in their states have more control.

I don't think I'm missing the point. I think there are other candidates that offer Trump a much better chance at winning now. This year.
It is great to think of the future 4 years, but, we have to win today.
I've read many different articles that say Rs don't like Vance.
That not one extra person will change their mind because of him, unless it's the other way. That he is too inexperienced, has said too many bad things about Trump in the past, and more.

As we all know, Republicans know how to blow a lead. It's been said many times. I know Kamala is in the honeymoon phase, but, we need to act like it isn't in the bag for Trump, and that is the feeling I'm getting.
It's not in the bag, in my opinion. Putting a mini-Trump in as VP makes me very uncomfortable, especially when there are people like Glen Younkin, Rubio, Byron Donalds left on the table. I don't know why Nikki Haley is a traitor and should be shunned. I do know that she had a large amount of people who wanted to vote for her. She would bring in votes.

I want the old America back as much as the next person. I believe in MAGA. But, in order to stack things up for the future, we have to win this election.
And, if Giggles picks a good VP, like Mark Kelly, who people will like and respect, it will be a tighter race than we think.
I hope I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this race.
Republicans may be too complacent.

I don't think I'm missing the point. I think there are other candidates that offer Trump a much better chance at winning now. This year.
That not one extra person will change their mind because of him, unless it's the other way. That he is too inexperienced, has said too many bad things about Trump in the past, and more.

As we all know, Republicans know how to blow a lead. It's been said many times. I know Kamala is in the honeymoon phase, but, we need to act like it isn't in the bag for Trump, and that is the feeling I'm getting.
It's not in the bag, in my opinion. Putting a mini-Trump in as VP makes me very uncomfortable, especially when there are people like Glen Younkin, Rubio, Byron Donalds left on the table. I don't know why Nikki Haley is a traitor and should be shunned. I do know that she had a large amount of people who wanted to vote for her. She would bring in votes.

I want the old America back as much as the next person. I believe in MAGA. But, in order to stack things up for the future, we have to win this election.
And, if Giggles picks a good VP, like Mark Kelly, who people will like and respect, it will be a tighter race than we think.
If you look at Trump-Harris battleground state polls since July 1, Trump has his biggest lead in AZ (+6). Why do you think that is? Because folks there know Harris. Only a matter of time before the other states show similar leads for Trump.

Read, my good friend, read:

And people wonder why the scientific community has lost credibility.

I always wonder how it is that the dem's always have so many "experts" in so many fields.

Virtually every article... "conservatives want XXXX, it is highly controversial"... and "experts have weighed in against it".

Their rhetorical style is so predictable and so transparent at this point.

Back