2024 GOP Primary

Nobody likes to hear this, but the criminal cases do make a difference. Choose wisely in the primary.

Maybe wrong thread but this is why McCarthy needed to go and why the GOP isn't the thing people think they are. They aren't conservative. They are there as the rear guard for Leftists.

I don't disagree with you on this. this was a crap thing for him to say and he should be benched in all GOP events going forward.

Nobody likes to hear this, but the criminal cases do make a difference. Choose wisely in the primary.

Poor Sean doesn't realize even if the poll is true Trump will win the electoral count even by losing the popular vote by 3%.

Poor Sean doesn't realize even if the poll is true Trump will win the electoral count even by losing the popular vote by 3%.

It depends on where the voters are. For example, if he loses in suburban areas of Phoenix, Philadelphia, and Atlanta but improves in some solid red or blue states, he'll still lose.

Trump is ahead in all 7 swing states according to latest polling. And I heard it’s becoming less likely that trials will occur before Election Day.

It depends on where the voters are. For example, if he loses in suburban areas of Phoenix, Philadelphia, and Atlanta but improves in some solid red or blue states, he'll still lose.

I'm just going by trends we've seen the last two elections with Trump in it. Most of our conservative pollsters are saying the same thing this time around.

Trump is ahead in all 7 swing states according to latest polling. And I heard it’s becoming less likely that trials will occur before Election Day.

The J6 case in DC will definitely come after the election it seems with the SCOTUS now involved. The others I'm not so sure. However, Trump will win the documents case in Florida in a red county. Georgia and the NY cases might get convictions but I see the higher courts bailing him out with such terrible cases.

I'm just going by trends we've seen the last two elections with Trump in it. Most of our conservative pollsters are saying the same thing this time around.

I'm just not so sure. Look at GA and especially AZ where the party is massively at war with itself, and it has only gotten worse in the last few years. I could see him doing a little worse than in '20. Not a certainty but not out of the question. However, consider a state like CA. Trump got completely slaughtered there in '16 and '20, but with the mess the cities are in (crime, cost of the living, etc.), it would not surprise me if Trump does better there than in '20. He won't carry it or even threaten to do so, but could he close the gap by 5 or 7 points with more Hispanics and a few San Franciscans tired of stepping on human turd? Yes, and that's a hell of a lot of overall votes. Same could happen in NY and IL.

It wouldn't surprise me if he gains in FL too, which would pad the popular vote numbers even more. (Assuming he isn't the nominee, I think Desantis will fully support Trump and encourage party unity in FL. He won't pull a Ted Cruz.)

It depends on the case. I agree with Garmel that the DC case will likely be delayed in light of appellate court action. If the GOP wins the presidency, he will be pardoned on it, even if Haley or Desantis somehow pull of an upset. But the state court cases and classified docs case? I they're far more likely happen before the election.

Georgia and the NY cases might get convictions but I see the higher courts bailing him out with such terrible cases.

Which judges on the Court of Appeals of New York do you think would vote to vacate a Trump conviction? I just don't see it. I don't know that much about that court, but I know it is totally Democratic.

Most judges of either party will be conscientious and try to follow the law the best they can - unless politics or the money of well-connected people are involved. I've followed the Texas Supreme Court for about 25 years, and those are justices who claim solemn respect for the written law rather than politics. However, when politics or the money of well-connected people are involved, they will take completely unambiguous law and wipe their *** with it. I've seen them do it countless times. They are justices, but they are slimy politicians first. I have my complaints with the Texas Supreme Court because of this, but I doubt that their NY equivalent is better. It is probably at least as bad and maybe worse.

Which judges on the Court of Appeals of New York do you think would vote to vacate a Trump conviction? I just don't see it. I don't know that much about that court, but I know it is totally Democratic.

Most judges of either party will be conscientious and try to follow the law the best they can - unless politics or the money of well-connected people are involved. I've followed the Texas Supreme Court for about 25 years, and those are justices who claim solemn respect for the written law rather than politics. However, when politics or the money of well-connected people are involved, they will take completely unambiguous law and wipe their *** with it. I've seen them do it countless times. They are justices, but they are slimy politicians first. I have my complaints with the Texas Supreme Court because of this, but I doubt that their NY equivalent is better. It is probably at least as bad and maybe worse.

True, but when the case is so bad even a liberal court can't ignore it. If you're correct I still don't see the SCOTUS allowing an injustice like this to happen.

Last edited:
I guess I pissed in someone's Wheaties. lol

I actually hit that by accident. Didn't mean to poop what you said.

True, but when the case is so bad even a liberal court can't ignore it.

Hmm. I haven't seen many NY Democrats say anything was too tough or unfair to Trump. I think there is a much greater chance that a rare New York City conservative gets on the jury and forces a hung jury than that a majority of a partisan Democratic court suddenly gets hyper-nonpartisan and willing to end their political careers. Even if they do, it won't happen before the election.

If you're correct I still don't see the SCOTUS allowing an injustice like this to happen.

Maybe. Obviously most state criminal cases don't trigger federal jurisdiction. We'd have to watch the details of how the trial goes.

I actually hit that by accident. Didn't mean to poop what you said.

Hmm. I haven't seen many NY Democrats say anything was too tough or unfair to Trump. I think there is a much greater chance that a rare New York City conservative gets on the jury and forces a hung jury than that a majority of a partisan Democratic court suddenly gets hyper-nonpartisan and willing to end their political careers. Even if they do, it won't happen before the election.

The appellate courts have surprised me at times. They've been fair to Trump during the civil case. It also looks like that meme guy who was put in prison will be let go by them as well.

Maybe. Obviously most state criminal cases don't trigger federal jurisdiction. We'd have to watch the details of how the trial goes.

Yeah, a hung jury is almost as good as an acquittal in this case. Trump can't pardon himself over a state case but Bragg won't be able to get another case going before the 2024 election. I doubt he'll try to go after Trump in 2028 after Trump's out of office.

Butchering the law as Bragg has done to get Trump I think will get SCOTUS' attention. Most lawyers out there have discussed his legal foundation as absolute junk.

Last edited:
I still fear that Trump's name at the top of the ballot would energize a slew of folks to come out to vote against him by voting Democrat (just as they did in 2020).

Yeah, a hung jury is almost as good as an acquittal in this case. Trump can't pardon himself over a state case but Bragg won't be able to get another case going before the 2024 election. I doubt he'll try to go after Trump in 2028 after Trump's out of office.

Butchering the law as Bragg has done to get Trump I think will get SCOTUS' attention. Most lawyers out there have discussed his legal foundation as absolute junk.

I think dems and soros hand picks are going to go after him and a few others until they die. It's a war of culture

I still fear that Trump's name at the top of the ballot would energize a slew of folks to come out to vote against him by voting Democrat (just as they did in 2020).
If you believe the polls there is apparently an army of folks who are coming out to vote against Biden. It’s a larger group, thus Trump 4 point lead in the polls.

Because nothing can change in 11 months.
Trump up 50-46 over Biden in fox poll. Also up four with all the presidential candidates. Being the front runner automatically makes him immune from court decisions as it will obviously be seen as political.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back