2024 GOP Primary

Does anyone honestly think these poll numbers will hold up a year from now when the media turns on the outrage machine and the sole discussion point of the last 6 months will have been Trump's criminal trials?
Could have the opposite effect. Who knows.

Could have the opposite effect. Who knows.

I doubt it, but even if that occurred, it's really sad that GOP primary voters want to take that chance. You might be able to drive 100 miles after drinking a bottle of whisky without getting in a wreck. Doesn't make it a good idea.

Great points, 6721. If folks would look at the Trump policies, they would realize the good things he did for our country. But the haters focus on the Trump persona, not on the Trump policies.
They are more concerned with no more mean tweets than with focusing on the harms visited upon our once-great Nation by the inane policies advanced by libtiles.

You might want to tap the brakes on no chance. An RFK, Jr. or Joe Manchin third party will hurt the GOP no matter who is the candidate. Dems are like sheep, they follow the leader.

Also, I haven't seen any evidence that the Republicans and Independents who did not vote for Trump in 2000, are even considering voting for him in 2024.

Ramaswamy just got booed loudly at the debate. He wrote on a piece of paper “Nikki Haley = Corrupt” and held it up and started tearing into her. Total juvenile move.

Ramaswamy just got booed loudly at the debate. He wrote on a piece of paper “Nikki Haley = Corrupt” and held it up and started tearing into her. Total juvenile move.

For the most part if you gave me transcript of the debates with only the four remaining on stage tonight, without moderators, I couldn't tell the difference between debates one and four. Feels like Football off-season.

Like it or not, Trump holds his own debate aka Town Hall, with Hannity, etc. Everyone else is clawing for second place.

Can we just get to the Primaries, Conventions and Election?

Tik Tok is sponsoring the debate. They did a commercial highlighting a really old veteran—“Patriotic Kenny” and his Tik Tok page…

I saw that yesterday and commented to my wife, "I wonder if Patriotic Kenny knows that Tik Tok is from China, and they are not our friend?" I really doubt he really knows about Tik Tok.

Dump Christie before the first primary. Then you have the 3 strongest non-Trump contenders for the primary. You will see the 1-2 contenders drop out from Iowa to NH to SC. After SC it should be Trump and the next 1-2 highest candidates moving forward.

Agree, mc. Like it or not, after SC, it will be Trump, Desantis, plus Vivek and or Nikki. I think as the former governor of SC, Nikki makes it past SC.

I saw that yesterday and commented to my wife, "I wonder if Patriotic Kenny knows that Tik Tok is from China, and they are not our friend?" I really doubt he really knows about Tik Tok.
I think ol' Kenny is about 85-90 years old. It's a funny/not-funny comical using of a very old man veteran to promote an insidious platform--poor ol' Kenny has no idea.

Now what would really get the clicks is if ol' Patriotic Kenny (pushing 90 years old) would do Joe Biden impersonations on his Tik Tok channel.

Now what would really get the clicks is if ol' Kenny (pushing 90 years old) would do Joe Biden impersonations on his Tik Tok channel.

Now I know I need to get glasses. I mis-read "what would really get the clicks" as "what would really get the chicks".

They are more concerned with no more mean tweets than with focusing on the harms visited upon our once-great Nation by the inane policies advanced by libtiles.

You have different kinds of "haters".

Dem base = 35% of voters. never would have voted DJT either way
Independents = 30% of voters. half lean right and half lean left. Those people are swayed by mean tweets. They probably like some of what DJT "did" and don't like other parts. So on policy they are a toss up. so if they are a toss up on policy then it is likely that style points matter. and DJT loses on style points.
GOP base = 35% of voters. the DJT haters in this crowd likely favor most DJT actions and would likely support DJT even with mean tweets.....IF....and this a big IF....they thought he could "mean tweet" and still win the general election. The GOP "haters" are not just looking at the GOP primary, they are looking at the general and many (myself included) think DJT's style is such a turn off to the Independents that it will cost us the general election.

DJT lost the last general election largely due to style points. Yes, ballot harvesting and other voting issues factored in, but he did worse in 2020 and that slide is likely to continue in the next general. We have a Dem POTUS and we lost ground in the Senate largely due to DJT. The surest way to get Dem policies is to let Dem's get actually elected. Electability matters.

This is one strange "planned event". A black woman in black Antifa garb with a honking big red gas can tries to throw gas on MLK's birth home in full view of people passing by???:rolleyes1:
And then passively lays there with a white dude holding her arms pinned?
Very strange
Just read another article on it
Apparently the woman has mental issues and it was 2 visiting NYPD cops who subdued her until Atlanta police arrived.

Last edited:
Trumps decision to not participate in the debates is killing his independent voting block.

He doesn't need them to win the primary. I don't like that he isn't debating, but I don't blame him. He's well ahead of everybody, and his supporters don't think he owes anybody a debate or expect him to debate. To them, he's entitled to the nomination and should get it without any kind of contest or question. He can only go down by debating.

Correct on the primary - I am talking about the general.

Maybe, but I suspect it'll be old news by then that he didn't debate his GOP opponents, especially if the main opponents are backing him in the general. And of course, in the general election, I'm sure he'll be chomping at the bits to debate Biden, who likely won't debate.

Maybe wrong thread but this is why McCarthy needed to go and why the GOP isn't the thing people think they are. They aren't conservative. They are there as the rear guard for Leftists.

CNN polling:
Trump up 10 over Biden in Michigan
Trump up 5 over Biden in Georgia

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back