2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

OTF said this morning they believe Sark wants two interior DL and possibly a punter via the portal.

Probably losing another OL

I propose a new NCAA rule. Any player that can portal to a different team each year for four years, can skip the draft and portal one last time to the any NFL team that will take him. He will not count against the roster total.

The NCAA has got to put some guidelines around this nonsense to limit it to 1 transfer and/or sit out a year. I dont know how coaches can manage rosters/scholarships etc with this crazy movement. Its everyones end of spring so its like a slot machine going off with names entering the portal.

I think part of it is alleviated by no more Covid years to grant after this season. That whole "six years to play five" got out of hand, especially in basketball. I'm fine with players transferring and playing immediately, because coaches do it all the time.

Sad about Walton. He was dominant at SOC. I'm thinking someone got in his ear about the improved health of Vasek or how Moore knocked him down a notch in the pecking order. It's weird to think that edge hasn't really been a strong suit for this team going back to the Mack years and one decent year of Addai, yet we have dudes portaling out.

Kirkland is the first of the 2023 class to bolt from that OL group. We've really only cracked the surface of what that group has to offer: Baxter, Cook, Hill, Muhammad, and Williams are the only difference makers from the freshmen. They're going to be the core of a national championship run for sure.

Recent Threads

Back