2022 House and Senate election

I have never understood women wanting to abort the babies they are carrying. Even if they don't believe the fetus is fully human, the whole process is such a personal, intimate, meaningful experience at the heart of being a woman (at least as described by my wife). To just harden your heart against it sounds so unhuman to me.

Who could possibly convince a mother to do such a thing?
Colin Jost Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

To be fair, Roe v. Wade is an issue on which dishonesty was encouraged. The entire basis for it was a lie, and politicians routinely lied about what it did and didn't do. And of course, when it was overturned, they lied about that too and with the full backing of the media. So it's hard to judge people who are deceived. They've never heard the truth from anybody. Obviously lawyers know the truth, but huge numbers of them lie about it too.

Social Security is probably the only issue on which people are more ignorant.

I have never understood women wanting to abort the babies they are carrying. Even if they don't believe the fetus is fully human, the whole process is such a personal, intimate, meaningful experience at the heart of being a woman (at least as described by my wife). To just harden your heart against it sounds so unhuman to me.

Colin Jost Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Laughing at the gif. Your point is right on the money.

Being a "good Baptist", Cruz will never ask Alred about the guy he practiced against every day at Baylor, and whatever happened to him. How did it happen?

Y'all might be surprised at how many women don't understand the current abortion laws. They hear, "Roe v Wade" was overturned, and that is all they need to hear to believe men are controlling their every bodily need.

I have some extremely smart "friends" on Facebook, most who went to an Ivy, I keep them around as I am interested in hearing what they have to say, and trying to understand them.
I am amazed at the lack of intellectual curiosity displayed by most. They truly believe that the end of Roe is the end of all abortions. And, trust me, they are locked and loaded on voting for Kamala.
Two comments:
1. You can’t fix stupid.
2. If you can, I would tell them if they are angry, they should be angry at the dem party for lying to them for decades about the permanence regarding RvW. It was discussed early on that this ruling would be overturned eventually. Dems lied to them and just using them for votes. If the dem party was not aware of this, why did they fight like hell against every conservative SCOTUS nominee.

To be fair, Roe v. Wade is an issue on which dishonesty was encouraged. The entire basis for it was a lie, and politicians routinely lied about what it did and didn't do. And of course, when it was overturned, they lied about that too and with the full backing of the media. So it's hard to judge people who are deceived. They've never heard the truth from anybody. Obviously lawyers know the truth, but huge numbers of them lie about it too.

Social Security is probably the only issue on which people are more ignorant.
You beat me to it. Darn you!

Y'all might be surprised at how many women don't understand the current abortion laws. They hear, "Roe v Wade" was overturned, and that is all they need to hear to believe men are controlling their every bodily need.

I have some extremely smart "friends" on Facebook, most who went to an Ivy, I keep them around as I am interested in hearing what they have to say, and trying to understand them.
I am amazed at the lack of intellectual curiosity displayed by most. They truly believe that the end of Roe is the end of all abortions. And, trust me, they are locked and loaded on voting for Kamala.
I have used this tactic on twitter and it works most of the time: You should be mad! However, the real culprit here is X, because they lied to you about Y. Why would they do that? To keep themselves in power and to keep you uninformed. They (X) think you are a stooge pigeon.

Last edited:
Best kept secret in McLennan County and everyone at Baylor and in law enforcement is complecet. Give them credit, they acted swiftly, cash was delivered, and everything buried.

I like watching my grandkids grow up so this will never be put in print or on a phone. Like I recently told two "high ranking officials" in Austin, "we need to have a conversation; no phones, no one around, either the middle of the football field, the golf course at UT Golf Club or ACC". Enough info will be provided to verify the validity of the information. Make sure it NEVER happens again".

Wife saw a woman with a T shirt that said “ Abortion is healthcare”. She was so shocked she could only stare - probably with mouth open. Don’t know what I would have done but I know I’d have been aghast.

I would probably just asked her, "For whom"

Unless she is just butt ugly, then I would have said, "I don't think YOU have to worry"

You've already summarized it, but to make an attempt at answering your question in more detail

1) Expense and time commitment - This explains the vast majority of the cases. Either the woman is single and doesn't want to handle 18 years and 9 months of cost and time by herself (and the dude is surely a loser in this case), or she's got a lot of kids already.
2) Shame - Many unwed women don't want to hear the snide remarks about being pregnant with a bastard child.

The above two cases revolve around selfishness and a no one else will ever know mindset.

3a) Health - Baby will be born and live for years but have a tough life with some condition like Down syndrome.
3b) Health - Baby isn't going to make it to term.

These two cases are viewed as mercy killings.

Exactly. But, that won't shut the abortion lovers up. It isn't a by in their eyes until they want it to be a baby.

For the most part, this is true. However, the most ideological pro-aborts are willing to be consistent on this. I've seen it argued in the wrongful death context. People who generally are big advocates of the right to sue for personal injury or death will sometimes become big opponents of it in the context of unborn babies injured or killed due to wrongful conduct or negligence. It's because their commitment to abortion trumps their belief in the right to sue.

There is an Allred commercial where he talks about his time at baylor. then shows a light blue jersey with red lettering and his name,
Strange but not as strange as his commercials lying about Texas abortion law
and lying that Cruz is responsible for Texas abortion law

How a twatwaffle like Allred can poll 47% in Texas is beyond me.

The government school labor unions will push him to all their teachers. I know a Christian, conservative guy who is a government school Superintendent. He supports Allred because Allred is pushing school budget increases. School choice and the abolition of the DoEducation must happen are this will keep happening.

Allred is also a POC, which means that the Democrat Party has a strong Progressive, woke coalition built up already. They also do everything they can to increase voter turnout of this demographic while the Republican Party sits on its thumbs.

Mona I can tell you many county Republican orgs are Not sitting on their thumbs. They are doing voter registrations. Block walking with brochures ( block walking to get the vote out in this heat is brutal ) holding seminars especially on border issues and will have campaign rallies. There will be more ads coming now.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back