2022 House and Senate election

First, Ted Cruz would never get confirmed to the Supreme Court unless the GOP had about 55 seats. If we can't win seats in states like TX, GA, and AZ, we're not getting to 55 seats any time soon.

Second, I'm not convinced that Cruz is toast. Is he in significantly worse shape than he was in '18? I have a hard time buying that. Beta was a tough opponent, and Cruz had tepid support from MAGA back then.

Third, if Cruz does lose, trying to oust Cornyn in a primary would be the dumbest thing we could do. Make the Texas GOP like Florida GOP, not like Arizona GOP.

watching NBC at the moment. they are running a piece on Texas 50+% increase in mortality rate among pregnant women since our abortion laws changed. All MSM is going to keep running ads like this and this issue will likely move about 2-3% of voters this election cycle and a few more next time. For those of you so adamant to take the hard line stance on this issue, you are likely handing control of the house and senate to dems. At that point they will be the ones making rules not only on abortion but on every other issue as well.

On this issue we have cut off our nose to spite our face.

Do they ever offer an explanation? Nothing changed for prenatal care OR for necessary medical care at ANY time including abortions done to save the mother.
That is a very strange increase

watching NBC at the moment. they are running a piece on Texas 50+% increase in mortality rate among pregnant women since our abortion laws changed. All MSM is going to keep running ads like this and this issue will likely move about 2-3% of voters this election cycle and a few more next time. For those of you so adamant to take the hard line stance on this issue, you are likely handing control of the house and senate to dems. At that point they will be the ones making rules not only on abortion but on every other issue as well.

On this issue we have cut off our nose to spite our face.

Conservatives always cave when Leftists lie about stuff. "We can't legislate the way we want because Leftists will lie!" I've heard similar language so many times. It's pathetic.

If conservatives want a policy but they won't enact the policy because Leftists don't like it and will scream bloody murder about it, then why does it matter if conservatives get elected or not? We will always get Leftist policy regardless of who is in office.

Do they ever offer an explanation? Nothing changed for prenatal care OR for necessary medical care at ANY time including abortions done to save the mother.
That is a very strange increase

If you don't assume the stat is absolute lie, then you haven't been paying attention.

Allred has the lie commercial which says a female doctor had to go out of state for her abortion due to Ted Cruz. How does a US Senator make state laws!?! :facepalm:

Conservatives always cave when Leftists lie about stuff. "We can't legislate the way we want because Leftists will lie!" I've heard similar language so many times. It's pathetic.

If conservatives want a policy but they won't enact the policy because Leftists don't like it and will scream bloody murder about it, then why does it matter if conservatives get elected or not? We will always get Leftist policy regardless of who is in office.
This is not trying to quell dem shouting. It is about election impacts. The approach many in the GOP have taken (to include their incredibly stupid timing of pushing these bills so quickly) has made it SOOOO much easier for Dems to use the issue to get elected. You can take what you see as the high ground all you want, but at the end of the day if this issue swings elections to dems then we lose way more than just this issue. There is no other single issue that animates dems more than this one.

Don't push a policy. Respect the federal system the founding fathers gave us and the Supreme Court recognised and leave the issue to the states. It's an issue on which I totally agree with Trump.

There are two kinds of lies - lies, and damn lies. This, like Allreds' promos are damn lies. The lazy GOP needs to spend whatever it takes to refute those manipulated statistics and counter the lying ads in sickening abundance. This is absurd.

This is not trying to quell dem shouting. It is about election impacts. The approach many in the GOP have taken (to include their incredibly stupid timing of pushing these bills so quickly) has made it SOOOO much easier for Dems to use the issue to get elected. You can take what you see as the high ground all you want, but at the end of the day if this issue swings elections to dems then we lose way more than just this issue. There is no other single issue that animates dems more than this one.

So what would you propose Republicans do about abortion?

You were basically arguing against Texas current law, so it sounds like you are saying do nothing and calling what we have now a hard line stance. If that is what you are saying I disagree.

Don't push a policy. Respect the federal system the founding fathers gave us and the Supreme Court recognised and leave the issue to the states. It's an issue on which I totally agree with Trump.

I don't think anyone is arguing against that. At least not Ted Cruz or any Republican candidate that I am aware of.

I don't think anyone is arguing against that. At least not Ted Cruz or any Republican candidate that I am aware of.

I don't know what position Cruz has taken in this election, but pro-life activists do push for federal laws. GOP politicians need to take a forceful stance for states rights. I don't see that happening.

Cruz has said it is a state issue. The Demxmedia is portraying Texas law as not allowing any abortion even if mother's life is in danger which is a lie. Allred's ads make it seem like Cruz passed the law.

Cruz has said it is a state issue. The Demxmedia is portraying Texas law as not allowing any abortion even if mother's life is in danger which is a lie. Allred's ads make it seem like Cruz passed the law.

Yeah. Demons don't know how to do anything but lie. It's their very nature and their father's nature.

Allred has the lie commercial which says a female doctor had to go out of state for her abortion due to Ted Cruz. How does a US Senator make state laws!?! :facepalm:
Then there is the doctor who says the same thing followed by "I am not political". Well, lady why are you bitching through a political ad? The obvious answer is that she is losing income to doctors in states that allow abortions on demand—solution: move.

Ignorance and stupidly sometimes intersect
Allred also has an ad about Cruz wanting to do away with SS for hard working people. Of course that is another pure lie

I was at the LIV golf tournament in a group of people talking about that. A couple of people were outraged Cruz would even consider it
In Allred ad Cruz suggested Gradually raising age to collect SS. They were so angry. So I said since the retirement age is 65 what is Cruz suggesting. No one knew so I looked it up and read to them that back in the 80s the law passed to GRADUALLY raise age to 67. Dead silence. Then some ahole said, Well that was different
Even the other Libs laughed

Ignorance and stupidly sometimes intersect
Allred also has an ad about Cruz wanting to do away with SS for hard working people. Of course that is another pure lie

I was at the LIV golf tournament in a group of people talking about that. A couple of people were outraged Cruz would even consider it
In Allred ad Cruz suggested Gradually raising age to collect SS. They were so angry. So I said since the retirement age is 65 what is Cruz suggesting. No one knew so I looked it up and read to them that back in the 80s the law passed to GRADUALLY raise age to 67. Dead silence. Then some ahole said, Well that was different
Even the other Libs laughed

And I can't believe we're this frigging stupid about Social Security. Raising the retirement age to 67 is the least we can do to help the program's solvency. It's not much, but it's a tiny and minor step in the right direction. It really makes me fear for the long term (which isn't so long anymore) when the program will start pushing us over the fiscal cliff.

Last edited:
Emerson was off 4% pts in 2020, which makes Cruz lead at 8% pts. Makes sense to me. In any event, only doing 1% pt worse than Trump.

Emerson was off 4% pts in 2020, which makes Cruz lead at 8% pts. Makes sense to me. In any event, only doing 1% pt worse than Trump.

If Cruz somehow pulls this one out of the fire the demz are truly sunk in Texas, even with all of the carpetbaggers from both coasts.

Y'all might be surprised at how many women don't understand the current abortion laws. They hear, "Roe v Wade" was overturned, and that is all they need to hear to believe men are controlling their every bodily need.

I have some extremely smart "friends" on Facebook, most who went to an Ivy, I keep them around as I am interested in hearing what they have to say, and trying to understand them.
I am amazed at the lack of intellectual curiosity displayed by most. They truly believe that the end of Roe is the end of all abortions. And, trust me, they are locked and loaded on voting for Kamala.

Y'all might be surprised at how many women don't understand the current abortion laws. They hear, "Roe v Wade" was overturned, and that is all they need to hear to believe men are controlling their every bodily need.

I have some extremely smart "friends" on Facebook, most who went to an Ivy, I keep them around as I am interested in hearing what they have to say, and trying to understand them.
I am amazed at the lack of intellectual curiosity displayed by most. They truly believe that the end of Roe is the end of all abortions. And, trust me, they are locked and loaded on voting for Kamala.
They weren't educated by the Ivy's to be intellectually honest and curious. They were indoctrinated and mal-educated to be leftists.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back