Winter Storms, Summer Heat, and our 3rd World Electric System

Is there anything Whataburger can't do?

Switch back to the old vendors from the "Chicago mafia chosen" vendors. For five years, I ate a Whataburger sausage & biscuit almost every morning for breakfast. Since they changed vendors, I can't get passed the first bite.

One of the new Whataburger management team from Chicago met with me face to face at my favorite location and told me, "it's the same thing you had before",

My response, "No Texan is that ******* dumb, but being from Chicago I guess you are"

Then he told me that Sysco wasn't big enough to handle their expansion.

Parts of the Woodlands got power last night around 9 pm and continuing till this morning. East of Woodlands to Cleveland is mostly without power.

Memorial Villages were told this afternoon that it may be Sunday before they get power.

Gotta love Center Point representatives. They need to be sent to "Liars Are US" for education. Douchebag today said they have assembled the largest repair group in their history; over 11,000.

Message to the dumbass - where were you in 2008 when we had no power for 13 days, and the repair group included hundreds, if not thousands from Alabama & North Carolina doing all the work Center Point should have been doing for years?

Entergy saying everyone should have power by Sunday evening.

That is Entergy, which does MC a bunch of good, but no one in Houston, particularly the Memorial Villages. I don't like Entergy, BUT George Mitchell knew what he was doing when he chose them over HL&P for The Woodlands.

If either of my children have power Sunday, send my card to the Methodist Cardiac Care Unit.

Running counter to most area of the economy (where de-regulation is generally a net positive), it appears once again that de-regulation has failed us in the electricity market.

Running counter to most area of the economy (where de-regulation is generally a net positive), it appears once again that de-regulation has failed us in the electricity market.

"De-regulation" is a misnomer. Regulations weren't eliminated or even reduced. The powers that be (state governments mostly) set up a new "and better" regulatory system that wasn't actually better, because it prioritized spot price cost and ignored reliability.

That regulatory structure facilitated solar and wind investment and introduction into the grid.

If you had a real market based electrical grid, reliability would be an absolute requirement with cost being a very important second. Type of power source would be important to some but they would face the harsh reality of brown outs and black outs.

4321, not sure of your intent, but basically the Texas Grid is not interconnected with the remainder of the US grid network. Texas has its problems, but they pale with the remainder of the US when there is not currently a pathway going forward to provide anywhere near the power needed 10 to 20 years from now due to move to everything electric (vehicles, construction equipment, data/AI centers).

Back