Trump!!!

trump. real citizens, pressure washing for a better america. notice the legal, non-china worker there

Bq_x2qg_IMAAy479.jpg

I have a lot of trouble understanding how ANYONE in their right mind could take him seriously as a candidate... How can they not be disgusted by his face, voice, condescending attitude, ridiculous opinions, narcissistic personality, and incredibly simplistic and unrealistic view of how to resolve complex world/local issues? He's an idiot! I wouldn't trust him to lead any organization... How can anyone really think he could be a good person to represent the US? It makes it so much clearer how far I am from ever understanding the republican voter. and I have trouble understanding the democrat voter too...

How can they not be disgusted by his face, voice, condescending attitude, ridiculous opinions, narcissistic personality, and incredibly simplistic and unrealistic view of how to resolve complex world/local issues? He's an idiot!
So you're new to America. Welcome, enjoy the show.

I have a lot of trouble understanding how ANYONE in their right mind could take him seriously as a candidate... How can they not be disgusted by his face, voice, condescending attitude, ridiculous opinions, narcissistic personality, and incredibly simplistic and unrealistic view of how to resolve complex world/local issues? He's an idiot! I wouldn't trust him to lead any organization... How can anyone really think he could be a good person to represent the US? It makes it so much clearer how far I am from ever understanding the republican voter. and I have trouble understanding the democrat voter too...

We agree on Trump, but I understand how it happens. For the most part, we're not a very deep people. We don't care about policy. We care about imagery and political rhetoric that tends to reinforce the shallow beliefs we already have, and the more forcefully that person speaks, the more his supporters like him or her. We don't want detailed or analytical positions on issues, because that opens up opportunities for the positions not to fit the presupposed ideological framework. Knowing that, Trump makes a perfect candidate for the shallow voter.

NO doubt Trump is a egomaniac out to create some kind of legacy for himself.
But it struck me that your characterizations apply to many in public office including the one in the oval office right now.
I think Mr Deez explains it perfectly.

I am still hoping that for the next election enough of us will actually consider the candidate's qualifications and not just how he/she delivers a speech or makes populist promises. I still hope some reality will creep in somewhere.

I tend to agree, but the man currently holding office matches that description as well.

I am still hoping that for the next election enough of us will actually consider the candidate's qualifications and not just how he/she delivers a speech or makes populist promises. I still hope some reality will creep in somewhere.
I disagree with most of what Trump says, but I'm kind of glad that he is able to make politically incorrect statements, and not be immediately disqualified from the race. I think too many times in the past we've wound up with the person who navigated the PC minefield the best - not with the person best equipped to serve in the office.

I disagree with most of what Trump says, but I'm kind of glad that he is able to make politically incorrect statements, and not be immediately disqualified from the race. I think too many times in the past we've wound up with the person who navigated the PC minefield the best - not with the person best equipped to serve in the office.

I agree in principle, but I think we may have different visions of what constitutes political incorrectness. To me, taking a controversial position on something and supporting that position with factual, non-emotional rhetoric rather than euphemisms is politically incorrect. However, simply injecting smack talk and insults into one's rhetoric isn't political incorrectness. It's just acting like a jerk. To me, that's what Trump is doing.

I see Trump praised for his "honesty" when he just spontaneously blurts out crap without thinking. It may be unfiltered, but a lot of it is dangerously inaccurate.

Unfortunately, like presidents, billionaires can surround themselves with people who assure them every word they utter is utterly brilliant. Then he browbeats the political press ... which holds him to the same standards of accuracy to which Trump would hold an apprentice.

OK, I'll admit my mind sometimes goes to shameful place. When Donald Trump was talking about Megyn Kelly with "blood coming out of her wherever" I was thinking about a part of her body well below her face. So sorry for disrespecting the Donald.

OK, I'll admit my mind sometimes goes to shameful place. When Donald Trump was talking about Megyn Kelly with "blood coming out of her wherever" I was thinking about a part of her body well below her face. So sorry for disrespecting the Donald.

You and the rest of America.

Does he still have fans out there? Is there anyone who still doesn't recognize what a colossal handjob Donald Trump is?

Does he still have fans out there? Is there anyone who still doesn't recognize what a colossal handjob Donald Trump is?
You nailed it earlier: we are not a deep people.

The bar for credibility in American politics is exceedingly low. Say a couple things that resonate with a disaffected electorate and many folks will instantly presume that the rest of your rhetoric has merit.

the trump effect is mostly the Dem crossover vote like what happened with mccain, the progressive favorite!, and then milquetoast romney. the system is broken for getting the people on the ticket. unless you ramrod the system the other way and just annoint hillary without debate or anything. can we just have her take over right now so the lame duck can't **** us any harder?

I have not met anyone who supports Trump at this time. A few were supportive early, but quickly withdrew after he started stumping.

We are a dumb people though. With Trump doing his thing and Hillary taking selfies with Kardashians, the founding fathers are turning over in their graves.

Has anyone looked at Trump's website? It's laughable. There was a time when candidates had an "Issues" section that discussed their views, though often with nominal specificity. Trump's website doesn't have a damn thing. Do these 29 percent of GOP primary voters have any idea what they're supporting?

You are obviously a stupid, loser. :)

Women love him, Mexicans love him and HornFans love him. Get with the program Deez.

Per a NBC News/Survey Monkey poll, Trump actually gained a point since the debates. How is this possible? I fear there is a very real possibility that the fringe right cares ONLY about the bravado and attitude and doesn't care if the candidate actually has any grasp of the details or nuances of any particular issue.

Remember the Peter Sellers movie "Being There"?

Trump's rise in the polls reminds me of the main movie character Chauncey Gardiner, only Trump is a smarter version of him. Gardiner says simple phrases over and over, people think he is brilliant, he becomes a celebrity, people know little about him but think he is wise and they want him to run for POTUS.

Last edited:
Remember the Peter Sellers movie "Being There"? Trump's rise in the polls reminds me of Chauncey Gardiner, only a smarter version. Gardiner says simple phrases over and over, people think he is brilliant, he becomes a celebrity, people know little about him but think he is wise and they want him to run for POTUS.

I haven't seen that movie but Brewster's Millions came to mind this morning. Essentially, Trump is the "none of the above" candidate. It doesn't matter what he says or espouses. You would think that was Cruz's base but given that Trump and Cruz together are garnering 36% of those polled, that "none of the above" crowd could be larger than anticipated. I still don't think a "none of the above" candidate from the Right can win.

Stupid **** Donald Trump has said. Yes, it's lengthy. Link. If he wins the nomination, this is what he'll have to spend his time explaining away.

I honestly question these polls. I realize some are actually scientific, but I wonder how many real republican voters are participating. Trump is more of a reality star than a business man for most Americans.

Trump's ego will drive him to run as an independent which will give the democrats an edge they will definitely need without HRC as a candidate.

Stupid **** Donald Trump has said. Yes, it's lengthy. Link. If he wins the nomination, this is what he'll have to spend his time explaining away.

I didn't make it all the way through, but here are a few of my favorites from what I did read:

9. “I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.” (USA Today, May 20, 1991)

23. “Oftentimes when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, ‘Can you believe what I am getting?’” (Think Big: Make it Happen in Business and Life, 2008)

36. Women? “You have to treat ’em like ****.” (New York magazine, Nov. 9, 1992)

44. “You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ***.” (Esquire, 1991)

The guy sure knows how to string words together, doesn't he?

I didn't make it all the way through, but here are a few of my favorites from what I did read:

9. “I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.” (USA Today, May 20, 1991)

23. “Oftentimes when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, ‘Can you believe what I am getting?’” (Think Big: Make it Happen in Business and Life, 2008)

36. Women? “You have to treat ’em like ****.” (New York magazine, Nov. 9, 1992)

44. “You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ***.” (Esquire, 1991)

The guy sure knows how to string words together, doesn't he?

If he somehow hustles the nomination and I was the Democratic nominee, I'd just run ads showing him saying this stuff. I wouldn't even talk in the ad. Then I've have a graphic that just said, "Isn't it obvious? Vote Deez. He has never said anything this dumb."

This Trump thing remind's me of Mike Judge's Idiocracy... It's exactly where we're going... Buncha ******* idiots electing more idiots...

Trump is like the Kardashiens. No one will ever admit to watching the crappy show, but obviously many people do.
I have a sinking feeling that lots of folks will never admit to secretly agreeing with many of the things he says, but would be absolutely mortified to admit this.
This is why he has moved from, "amusing distraction" to "what will happen behind voting curtain doors" concern level, in my book.
There are so many middle/upper class people who have felt unheard, unappreciated, and shamed for their position in society. They have to hold their thoughts and comments inside lest they be considered un-PC, or racist, or bigoted. I worry that they feel as if Trump is hearing and understanding them, unlike any other candidate.

You gotta love the Donald! He is going to round up all 10-30 million undocumented immigrants and ship 'em out of the country. Now that's a plan!
And he is going to go into Iraq and seize their oil fields and take the income to pay our veterans more benefits. Who said the era of 18th century American colonialism was dead?
I just hope he wins nomination or even better, runs as a third party candidate.

He compared Hillary's potential classified document insecurity to that of Gen Petraeus. Actually said it was much worse than what got him fired. Very interesting to see if that comes to fruition.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back