Texas vs. Texas Tech game thread

Feeling relaxed, but far from cocky after the vicktree...

You realize it's been 3 weeks since the Horns last won - beat KSU with a FG on the last play of the game?

I realize Tech is bad, but this team got down 14-0 real early and could have sulked, said to themselves we had a bad year, start assuming they would lose but they FOUGHT BACK and kept playing hard to win!!

I'm proud of 'em! :hookem:

:tower:

Last edited:
Feeling relaxed, but far from cocky after the vicktree...

You realize it's been 3 weeks since the Horns last won - beat KSU with a FG on the last play of the game?

I realize Tech is bad, but this team got down 14-0 real early and could have just sulked, said to themselves we had a bad year, start assuming they would lose but they FOUGHT BACK and kept playing hard to win!!

I'm proud of 'em! :hookem:

:tower:
This. If I'm going to ***** when they suck, and boy did I *****. Give then props when they play well. Tech though really played into our hands. You just can't throw every play. Leach with his good teams could run the ball out of those wide splits.

If Roach doesn't jump offsides and we're 8-4 this season doesn't feel quite as bad. Damn that was a huge mistake.
That would have had a huge impact on the bailor game as well. But Roach shouldn’t have been in that position without a fight meaning Herman and Beck shouldn’t have gone full turtle on the prior offensive possession. I know, dead horse and all.:deadhorse:

Dionysus - you need to catch LHN this week when your back - there are a ton of highlights to see, for example:

Bimage slams tech QB to the turf for a sack
Huge 75 yard Sam to Duv TD pass
Duv had a monster 6 catches for 199 yards / 2 TD's
Roschon had > 100 yards - 2 or was it 3 TD's?
DEFENSE gets 3 - 4th down stops - 2 close to the UT goal
Jake Smith had a VERY NICE over the shoulder TD catch
Jamison was everywhere - especially around the ball

Last edited:
This. If I'm going to ***** when they suck, and boy did I *****. Give then props when they play well. Tech though really played into our hands. You just can't throw every play. Leach with his good teams could run the ball out of those wide splits.
Sam was accurate on deep balls. The best I seen him.

Looking back, as others have commented about, what would this team have done without the incredible play and success of Devin Duvernay this season?

Ran the ball, played Slot & WR. Did everything asked of him and was consistent doing it. Plus he GOT OPEN and caught the damn ball if you threw it anywhere around him and he didn't fumble!

I'll venture to say the Horns would not have won 7 games... it would have been less. We are going to greatly miss him next season!

Last edited:
Duvernay was very, very close to packing it up after last season. We didn't use him as effectively as we should have when Humphrey was getting all of those short passes. Then, we bring in arguably the best WR class in a while, and people forgot about Devin in the offseason.

Do not take this as any more than a win over a weak Tech team, that didn't keep throwing it deep. They had the go route to those big guys all day if they would have just kept throwing it. We also got away with at least two PIs on two of those 4th down plays in the end zone. On offense we looked like we should have looked all year with Sam being Sam today....Again it was a weak Tech defense, but we looked good from late 1st qtr on. A WIN !!!!!!!!!! But it was still a 7-5 season and no reason to feel good about this season, and expect us to roll into a bowl game and just easily handle a good team. Herman's seat should still be about 400 degrees, and making the 2020 CCG should be required to keep his job into the 2021 season. I am happy we won. It feels better than a stick in the eye, but reality is reality...7-5 with looking ugly in all but 1 of those losses, and looking ugly in a couple of the close wins.

Looking back, and as other have commented about, what would this team have done without the incredible play and success of Devin Duvernay this season?

Ran the ball, played slot & WR, did everything asked of him and was consistent doing it. Plus he GOT OPEN and caught the damn ball if you threw it anywhere around him and he didn't fumble!

I'll venture to say the Horns would not have won 7 games... it would have been less. We are going to greatly miss him next season!
What would Baylor look like WITH him ?

Oh, and a bit late...but I want to apologize for not having pulled on my surplus jersey prior to kickoff...I guess that was the major malfunction today.

If Duvernay had had several plays like that all year he wouldn't have been snubbed for awards.
Dude, ALL he did was catch damned near every catchable ball thrown in his direction...and some that SHOULDN'T have been catchable.

Unfortunately, his talent is sort of like a Witten or a Gonzalez where it takes multiple years in the middle of the hashes for people to recognize JUST what a gamer he is.

A very nice team effort. Yeah, Tceh didn't play a smart game, but the Horns got the offense rolling in high gear and the defense played well. Nice W on Senior Day.

Hope to see a reinvigorated team at the bowl game. Would be very encouraging to see a game like the 2007 bowl game vs Arizona St. The bowl practices that year were the launching pad for the great 2008, 2009 seasons.

QUOTE="MajesticII, post: 1693211, member: 34762"]Do not take this as any more than a win over a weak Tech team, that didn't keep throwing it deep. They had the go route to those big guys all day if they would have just kept throwing it. We also got away with at least two PIs on two of those 4th down plays in the end zone. On offense we looked like we should have looked all year with Sam being Sam today....Again it was a weak Tech defense, but we looked good from late 1st qtr on. A WIN !!!!!!!!!! But it was still a 7-5 season and no reason to feel good about this season, and expect us to roll into a bowl game and just easily handle a good team. Herman's seat should still be about 400 degrees, and making the 2020 CCG should be required to keep his job into the 2021 season. I am happy we won. It feels better than a stick in the eye, but reality is reality...7-5 with looking ugly in all but 1 of those losses, and looking ugly in a couple of the close wins.[/

Sounds like you have two choices:
1. Lower your standards
2. Start drinking heavily

QUOTE="MajesticII, post: 1693211, member: 34762"]Do not take this as any more than a win over a weak Tech team, that didn't keep throwing it deep. They had the go route to those big guys all day if they would have just kept throwing it. We also got away with at least two PIs on two of those 4th down plays in the end zone. On offense we looked like we should have looked all year with Sam being Sam today....Again it was a weak Tech defense, but we looked good from late 1st qtr on. A WIN !!!!!!!!!! But it was still a 7-5 season and no reason to feel good about this season, and expect us to roll into a bowl game and just easily handle a good team. Herman's seat should still be about 400 degrees, and making the 2020 CCG should be required to keep his job into the 2021 season. I am happy we won. It feels better than a stick in the eye, but reality is reality...7-5 with looking ugly in all but 1 of those losses, and looking ugly in a couple of the close wins.[/

Sounds like you have two choices:
1. Lower your standards
2. Start drinking heavily
I'd be happy if he just decided to post his never-ending negative crap on another board.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back