TEXAS vs. MICHIGAN Game Thread

Still finding some great photos to preserve in this game thread.
Also I’m still just kinda pumped about the road win and how the team performed this weekend.

GXEBmocXEAAR51y.jpg

I don’t think we can overestimate the positive impact on the team to have that many fans in burnt orange singing The Eyes with them after the game. That many fans on the road had to be special for the team.

Just a couple of parting thoughts after having watched the first half again focusing primarily on the offensive line.
The o-line played very well and picked up the Michigan blitzes. Cam Williams did not hold, he literally shoved the defender to the ground as the defender tried to change direction, Williams hands were inside the shoulder pads and it didn't look to me that there was any jersey being pulled. I can see why the ref was fooled because of how the defenders fall looked. I couldn't see what Williams did on one of his false starts, but regardless he needs to clean this up. Banks is Banks. You just don't notice him much because he just does what he does. I think Jake Majors made himself some money with this game. He handled the two Michigan tackles whenever he was matched up and was never really beaten by them. Several times he got leverage on Grant and took him out of the play. He did this on the first td allowing Ewers to step up and deliver. The run blocking was very good.

Ewers took care of the ball. Most of his incompletes were either him throwing away the ball or putting it in a spot where only the receiver could make a difficult catch or it was incomplete. There were 3 dangerous passes, the screen where the rb didn't get out to the flat (that was timing and had to come out quick), the throw to Wiesner on a cross that the db jumped and collided with Wiesner (this one should not have been thrown) and one to the sideline, I think to Bond which looked like a miscommunication. Bond read go and Ewers threw an out. That had the potential for a pick 6 but the db didn't get there.

The defense was solid. Michigan biggest gains were due to a db slipping/stumbling causing a missed tackle in the flat and Gbenda leaving his gap allowing Edwards to cut back. The flea flicker was well executed and froze Hill just enough to create a hole in the zone. The defensive backfield played well, but I don't think Michigan had any receivers that would make the Texas 3 deep so I'm not sure they have been tested by receivers and they won't be until the dirt burglars.
It was clear early that Texas was the better team and they played like it.

WB,

The "dirt burglars" have to find someone to deliver the ball to "test" our DBs. Their QB looked horrible. maybe the worst in60+ years.

That's true, but I was just talking about the receivers and the first team that should have the athletes at receiver to potentially get separation or back the db's off jumping the short routes. They could be wide open and the qb not be able to deliver the ball. Utsa qb's are not very good either and their receivers are not going to beat our db's deep. ULM threw for 87 against UAB and 132 against Jackson State.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back