TEXAS vs. MICHIGAN Game Thread

What a terrific day. Horns EPIC win at the Big House and dominating win at that. ND loses at home vs NIU!!!

Last edited:
Ewers just put himself at the top of the Heisman candidates list.
Watching some stupid cable show but it showed Ewers atop the Heisman betting pool. His competition were QB’s from Oregon, Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, etc.

Last edited:
mc
I remember well the back and forth on the importance of TE. I remember the bashing of needing
a TE
But I don't remember the strong and correct advocate of the TE
Today proved the point

Who was it?
It would be gauche to name the person. I hear he is a very humble guy and wouldn’t want the attention.

Last edited:
And last year I was complaining about the secondary all year. If this unit continues to improve as much next year, with the talent coming in, we can start talking DBU again. They had some real closers today. Loved to see it!
It was obvious last year that Manny Muhammed and Derek Williams were going to be NFL talent. Just young.

Last edited:
I am trying not to get too overexcited in week two particularly because the team Texas absolutely mauled today was not last year's Michigan and that Wolverine team today may well finish 7-5. That said, Texas has shown on both sides of the ball that it is a team capable of winning against anyone and I truly believe Texas is one of the four best teams in the country and has legit shot at a truly special season. Bring the effort today in Dallas against OU and the next week at home against Georgia and that will truly confirm what this team is capable of.
I woke up this morning remembering the times that "Texas is back!" was being shouted loud and proud by us and many pundits, only to see the year go to poop. In particular, the year we beat ND and we were just sure we had turned a corner and were looking forward to a great year. This only to find out that ND sucked and we both had miserable years. In those years, I remember watching the elites play and realizing how far behind those guys that we were talent wise.
This is a different coach, different level of talent, different culture. I'm not saying "different" in a trivial way, but DIFFERENT in just about every way. I too think that as the season goes along, we will see that Meatchicken ain't all that great, and that Harbaugh knew he would see a drop off this year and baled.
That said, I believe chances are high that we are witnessing an early stage dynasty in the making. As good as this team is, I think it is only the beginning and we will see even better UT teams in the future

A couple of things.

A few years back there were people on this board downing the greatness of Ewers. They need to come forward and present themselves on one knee to receive their due.

And last year I was complaining about the secondary all year. If this unit continues to improve as much next year, with the talent coming in, we can start talking DBU again. They had some real closers today. Loved to see it!
I’ve heard that one or two people might already be talking about DBU again. Just a rumor…

The Michigan Defense is very good. Our O line and RB's blocked their excellent D line and LB's effectively. Ewers handled himself like a pro evading the rush and finding open Receivers.
Our Offense is as good as its been in 20 years. And this is high praise.

Our defense is good. Not yet great. When we are getting 2-3 sacks a game, combined with the improving DB play, then I would be willing to say, "yep, they are pretty, pretty good." (Use the Larry David voice to say that please) :thumbup:

Ewers was composed in the pocket and when he was under pressure. No freaking out or curling up in a fetal position. No “sacking himself.”

It would be gauche to name the person. I hear he is a very humble guy and wouldn’t want the attention.

mc
I remember well the back and forth on the importance of TE. I remember the bashing of needing
a TE
But I don't remember the strong and correct advocate of the TE
Today proved the point

Who was it?
With a decent run game, there is no way (Im-freaking possible) for a LB to cover RPO to the TE. The better the LB the harder. TE breaks down hard on a block look. A quick LB has to engage. One stutter step by him and TE is 8 yds downfield with only helping safety to cover. Hardest play to defend. So hard even DKR liked it.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back