TEXAS @ TCU Game Thread 2023

I never thought Brooks would be the man at the start of the year.He is going to be NFL material next year.

I think that's part of why we like him. He's good, of course. But he didn't whine when he wasn't named the starter but when he got his chance he just did his job. No crying. No bragging. He just plays.

man our defense has been shutting down good offenses all year long. And people want to see PK gone.
hmm, guess they are perfectionists or something

I think that's part of why we like him. He's good, of course. But he didn't whine when he wasn't named the starter but when he got his chance he just did his job. No crying. No bragging. He just plays.
Additionally, I think he’s admired by his teammates. You can see it on the sideline.

BTW, I thought the run by Baxter for the first down late in the second quarter might’ve been his best of the season. Not his longest, but maybe his best. That’s what he needs to do. Make yards when yards are not there for him to make.

Time of possession was nearly 2-to-1 in the first half.

Maybe someone here can answer this for me: It's generally thought time of possession favors the offense; the defense gets tired from spending time on the field. Why doesn't the offense get equally tired? Why does it hurt the defense more?

Maybe someone here can answer this for me: It's generally thought time of possession favors the offense; the defense gets tired from spending time on the field. Why doesn't the offense get equally tired? Why does it hurt the defense more?
Defense works harder because they don’t know where the play is going.

Great job by the DL to step up after a couple of first downs by TCU. That was the kind of drive in other games where we give up an easy score.

I think it's because they have to react and run all over the field, at least the big guys. Whereas, the big guys on offense just lineup and perform their assignments and don't run around so much.

I think that is why you see a lot of outside passes that we all ***** about.

man our defense has been shutting down good offenses all year long. And people want to see PK gone.
hmm, guess they are perfectionists or something
Have you noticed that PK is rushing with 5 or six guys occasionally and pressuring the passer a lot more tonight. Good D calls.

I think it's because they have to react and run all over the field, at least the big guys. Whereas, the big guys on offense just lineup and perform their assignments and don't run around so much.

I think that is why you see a lot of outside passes that we all ***** about.
You might have noticed that offensive players do little but run ahead 1-2 yards if the ball is run to the opposite field.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back