Texas-Miss St Game Thread

Final stats - 1st downs 21 to 19, total yards 522 to 294, TOP 25.03 to 34.57. Bad news - 2 fumbles, 8 penalties. Texas gave up 150 rushing yards. Texas passing was decent - 26 of 31 for 324 yards, 2 TDs. Won this one by overwhelming talent. Team will have to use the off week to (1) get healthy and (2) refocus on basics and execution.

Very Vanilla game plan and lots pf mistakes by team and staff. Makes me wonder if we were looking ahead. Blue needs to sit on the bench with a football in his hands.

Super extra agreeing with TAKING POINTS OFF THE BOARD

tom hanks alabama GIF
Not only taking points off the board, but it seemed like a low percentage, high risk play call. At least to my very untrained eye.
Would rather have an ugly W than a beautiful L.

Glad the bye week is this week. Lots for Sark and his staff to get ready for the RRS, Georgia, and the SEC slate of tough games heading our way.

But - 5-0?? I’ll take it.
Beautiful L? Please explain. I didn't know there was such a thing.
A Texas League single looks like a line drive in the stat line.
Refs were horrible:

Get used to it. It's going to be the norm in every sec contest we play. To place that ball at the 1 yd line was worse than ludicrous. Worst case it should have been at the 1 inch line.

We came out flat, and stayed that way the whole first half.

Our rush defense was problematic, and our online was less than advertised.

The refs had some interesting metrics for determining when holding should be called.

In spite of that, we came out with a solid win. I'll take that any day. There are a few teams on our schedule against whom today's performance would end up in a loss.

Glad we have a bye week.

To b fair, I did not watch SEC! Network after the Texas game. Maybe they discussed this. But, after the greatest college game of all time, well, it seems the SEC! homers were already paining it that way, SEC! Network talked about Bama-GA for at least an hour. Not a mention of the AP #1 team, oh, also now an SEC! team.

The refs had some interesting metrics for determining when holding should be called.

No freaking kidding.

After no holding ever getting called in the Big XII, I expected to see more holding called so I can't say I was surprised but I thought it would go both ways and that it would involve play-changing holding not holding that has no effect at all on the outcome of the play but kills several big plays.

Back