Texas-Georgia Game Thread

If this was already posted sorry, I missed it.

Statement Regarding Fan Behavior at Last Night's Texas-Georgia Football Game

While we deeply appreciate the passion and loyalty of our fan base at The University of Texas at Austin, we do not condone the unsportsmanlike conduct that was exhibited by some individuals throwing objects onto the field during last night's game and sincerely apologize to the University of Georgia players, coaches and fans, as well as the Southeastern Conference and officiating crew. This type of behavior will not be tolerated.

Respect, sportsmanship, and fairness are the values that drive our program, and we expect all of our fans to uphold these standards. We are committed to fostering a positive environment for all participants, teams, officials and fans, and we will take steps to ensure that this type of behavior does not happen again.

We appreciate the support of Longhorn Nation and are confident that, moving forward, we will continue to represent our university with pride and respect.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

- UT System Board of Regents Chairman, Kevin Eltife
- UT President, Jay Hartzell
- UT Vice President and Lois and Folger Athletics Director, Chris Del Conte

source: Statement Regarding Fan Behavior at Last Night's Texas-Georgia Football Game - University of Texas Athletics

Georgia fans are going crazy that head ref is from Texas and both of his sons went to Texas.

Here is his son

Here is a copy of Matt’s company Christmas card from last year
bbb.jpg

A few comments:

1) The bottle throwing was terrible. We looked like Tech fans.
2) The punting situation is very bad.
3) We have a problem at RB and we knew that with the injuries before the season began.
4) You can't win a game when you can't stop the pass rush. The NY Giants beat GOAT Brady when Strahan and the gang bullied NE. As Mike Tyson said: "Everybody has a plan until they get hit."
5) The early drop by Wis was huge. I think that was a play they unleashed for this game and it was a big nothing. Sark must have been hugely disappointed yet he had to suck it up and call the next play.
6) Did we throw any screen passes?
7) Kirby Smart may be the biggest douche bag around. Shoves a player last week. Ignores the criminal element on his team (speed racers). Then gas lights what happened on the field and accuses the refs of cheating.
8) Georgia is the better team. I don't know how we can beat them next time without a running game or our offensive line stopping those wild dogs on the other side.
9) I don't want to judge Quinn in a game when the pass rush was that good but there is something missing there. I guess Sark took him out to calm him down.
10) I had a lot of hope when we brought it back to 23 - 15, but that first 3rd down conversion on the 89 yard drive and then the flea flicker were back breakers.

In the end, we have to play a near perfect game to win under that kind of duress. We forced several turnovers and still couldn't win. We have to hit open receivers. We have to catch passes. We can't have critical pre-snap penalties. We have to have better field position management but how do you do it if your punter just isn't that good?

Last edited:
If this was already posted sorry, I missed it.

Statement Regarding Fan Behavior at Last Night's Texas-Georgia Football Game

While we deeply appreciate the passion and loyalty of our fan base at The University of Texas at Austin, we do not condone the unsportsmanlike conduct that was exhibited by some individuals throwing objects onto the field during last night's game and sincerely apologize to the University of Georgia players, coaches and fans, as well as the Southeastern Conference and officiating crew. This type of behavior will not be tolerated.

Respect, sportsmanship, and fairness are the values that drive our program, and we expect all of our fans to uphold these standards. We are committed to fostering a positive environment for all participants, teams, officials and fans, and we will take steps to ensure that this type of behavior does not happen again.

We appreciate the support of Longhorn Nation and are confident that, moving forward, we will continue to represent our university with pride and respect.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

- UT System Board of Regents Chairman, Kevin Eltife
- UT President, Jay Hartzell
- UT Vice President and Lois and Folger Athletics Director, Chris Del Conte

source: Statement Regarding Fan Behavior at Last Night's Texas-Georgia Football Game - University of Texas Athletics
Erect a massive net or chicken wire fence between the student section and the gridiron. Problem solved.

Georgia fans are going crazy that head ref is from Texas and both of his sons went to Texas.

Here is his son

Here is a copy of Matt’s company Christmas card from last yearView attachment 11149
The eynsh

Here is his son

Here is a copy of Matt’s company Christmas card from last yearView attachment 11149
Georgia fans should be going crazy over the two intentional targeting calls and flagrant face masks….that were actually called.

A few comments:

3) We have a problem at RB and we knew that with the injuries before the season began.
4) You can't win a game when you can't stop the pass rush. The NY Giants beat GOAT Brady when Strahan and the gang bullied NE. As Mike Tyson said: "Everybody has a plan until they get hit."
5) The early drop by Wis was huge. I think that was a play they unleashed for this game and it was a big nothing. Sark must have been hugely disappointed yet he had to suck it up and call the next play.
7) Kirby Smart may be the biggest douche bag around. Shoves a player last week. Ignores the criminal element on his team (speed racers). Then gas lights what happened on the field and accuses the refs of cheating.
8) Georgia is the better team. I don't know how we can beat them next time without a running game or our offensive line stopping those wild dogs on the other side.
9) I don't want to judge Quinn in a game when the pass rush was that good but there is something missing there. I guess Sark took him out to calm him down.
10) I had a lot of hope when we brought it back to 23 - 15, but that first 3rd down conversion and then the flea flicker were back breakers.

In the end, we have to play a near perfect game to win under that kind of duress. We forced several turnovers and still couldn't win. We have to hit open receivers. We have to catch passes. We can't have critical pre-snap penalties. We have to have better field position management but how do you do it if your punter just isn't that good?
Kirby visor boy and other SEC talking heads will use this behavior to reinforce the dislike for Texas coming into the conference. We will have deal with toothless smelly fans and maybe some of the biggest coaching a-holes in college football. The class of the SEC retired with Nick.

Texas has only one chance in this f-ing league and that is to bankroll the best players to ever play the game, beat the dogs—t out if all of their teams and never take the foot off their throats.
The teams will use the bottle throwing, the NIL and everything else to taint the reception of Texas. So embrace the hate.

Why do we have to deal with arrogant pricks with girlie visors? Does kitby remind you of anyone?

Kirby visor boy and other SEC talking heads will use this behavior to reinforce the dislike for Texas coming into the conference. We will have deal with toothless smelly fans and maybe some of the biggest coaching a-holes in college football. The class of the SEC retired with Nick.

Texas has only one chance in this f-ing league and that is to bankroll the best players to ever play the game, beat the dogs—t out if all of their teams and never take the foot off their throats.
The teams will use the bottle throwing, the NIL and everything else to taint the reception of Texas. So embrace the hate.
Kind of makes the couch-burning B1G look a bit more inviting. Maybe.

A few comments:

10) I had a lot of hope when we brought it back to 23 - 15, but that first 3rd down conversion and then the flea flicker were back breakers.

Kirby is a sanctimonious prick. His program, with 12 arrests in the last two years — one of which resulting in a death — has turned into the new Miami.

Apparently Georgia fans are proud.

I’m proud of Sark and how he attempted to immediately handle difficult situation, both when it happened, and in his subsequent press conferences. All class.

Kirby could learn from him, but won’t.

Maybe that section of the stadium should not be allowed to bring bottles of any kind into the stands. If they're thirsty, then go to the concession stand. Extreme problems require draconian solutions.

A few comments:

10) I had a lot of hope when we brought it back to 23 - 15, but that first 3rd down conversion on the 89 yard drive and then the flea flicker were back breakers.

Bottle throwing bad but baseball coaches take note of a few good arms in there.

I really hated the bottle throwing and those identified should be punished. Still not as bad as dodging whiskey bottles thrown by piggie in Little Rock. Also not as bad as the 1947 Texas/Ou game, they banned coke bottles the next year in the Cotton bowl. We’ve been here before with worse missiles. I seem to remember Edith Royal telling the story that Darrel made her wear his helemt to get off the field.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back