Random Season News

In all my years of watching college sports I can't ever remember a commissioner rooting for one conference opponent over another. I think that's unprecedented and certainly very unprofessional.

I hope the Imbrace the Hate campaign is effective. But I also hope our administration isn't afraid to step up and point out the absurd calls during the press conferences.

In all my years of watching college sports I can't ever remember a commissioner rooting for one conference opponent over another. I think that's unprecedented and certainly very unprofessional.

I hope the Imbrace the Hate campaign is effective. But I also hope our administration isn't afraid to step up and point out the absurd calls during the press conferences.

Assuming the officials hose the team---what is the penalty and enforcement mechanism if Coach or CDC call out officiating? Is any penalty collectable if we are no longer a member of the league?

Would the B12 want to go to court and showcase obviously biased calls-especially after such statements by the Commish?

Assuming the officials hose the team---what is the penalty and enforcement mechanism if Coach or CDC call out officiating? Is any penalty collectable if we are no longer a member of the league?

Would the B12 want to go to court and showcase obviously biased calls-especially after such statements by the Commish?
1. Nothing other than hopefully shaming them enough it's less likely to happen in the future and exposing the B12 for what they are.
2. If you dig in to the links cnb posted, there is at least talk of a bias suit posted by people who claim to be in the legal profession. I'm not an attorney and can't remember anything from my BL classes that could be a basis so I don't know their argument. I just hope there is a basis for something that blatant. That could be good or bad. Good that it exposes the blatant bias. Bad in that it could portray Texas as just a bunch of whiney aggies.

Again, can anyone name another instance where a conference commissioner publicly expressed favoritism of one conference team over another??

1. Nothing other than hopefully shaming them enough it's less likely to happen in the future and exposing the B12 for what they are.
2. If you dig in to the links cnb posted, there is at least talk of a bias suit posted by people who claim to be in the legal profession. I'm not an attorney and can't remember anything from my BL classes that could be a basis so I don't know their argument. I just hope there is a basis for something that blatant. That could be good or bad. Good that it exposes the blatant bias. Bad in that it could portray Texas as just a bunch of whiney aggies.

Again, can anyone name another instance where a conference commissioner publicly expressed favoritism of one conference team over another??

Not publicly, but throughout the years there have been guys that you just "knew" rooted for/against someone. Hatchell was quite fond of us kicking the **** out of Nebraska every time.

I think the funniest part of all of this is the Cincy/UCF fans replying with the crybaby emoji. We have literal evidence on our side that the games will be stacked against us, and all they can do is say we're whining and coming up with excuses. This conference can get ******. No one cares about you, Bearcats and Golden Knights.

I think I have been the most outspoken critic of Big XII officiating and the Walt Anderson dental crowd over the years.

As big a clown as I think the new commissioner is, he appears to be a significant improvement over Bowelsby. I at least applaud him for taking a stance (you couldn't get that weak *** Bowelsby to speak out against child abuse). He is also trying to cover his *** of the colossal fuckup of bringing those neverwas wannabes into the Big XII when he likely could have built the new Big XII/PAC into a decent conference with Utah, the Arizona schools, and the northwest schools, maybe Stanford and SDSU. Now his only option seems to be to stick with the dregs and then take the cream into a new conference in 4-5 years.

As for as officiating, you can rest assured that you will see better at your local HS on Friday night than the Big XII will roll out on Saturday.

Last edited:
We made our bed with the Big12 when we decided to go to the SEC.We have no right to complain. I am more concerned if QE will finally live up to all the hype he has received since he came here.I havent been impressed with him so far.

I think I have been the most outspoken critic of Big XII officiating and the Walt Anderson dental crowd over the years.

As big a clown as I think the new commissioner is, he appears to be a significant improvement over Bowelsby. I at least applaud him for taking a stance (you couldn't get that weak *** Bowelsby to speak out against child abuse). He is also trying to cover his *** of the colossal fuckup of bring those neverwas wannabes into the Big XII when he likely could have built the new Big XII/PAC into a decent conference with Utah, the Arizona schools, and the northwest schools, maybe Stanford and SDSU. Now his only option seems to be to stick with the dregs and then take the cream into a new conference in 4-5 years.

As for as officiating, you can rest assured that you will see better at your local HS on Friday night than the Big XII will roll out on Saturday.
I believe he tried to deal with the PAC-12, but the PAC-12 wanted no part of the BigXII. He reacted with what he had and ended up with a Conference no better than the AAC.

Hey Texas
4:20 pm

:grimace:

weather.jpg

"THEY DON'T WANT US"

That's the only part he got right. Cooger High would love a piece of Texas' revenue. They wouldn't be joining the B12 if Texas wasn't leaving.

Plus, the website is as dumb as anybody I have ever seen. HairBear Holgorson wasn't speaking about Texas and Texas aggy leaving the conference. He was speaking about Texas and OU.

No clicks for you!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back