Random Season News

Cary,

Both Ross & Norm ran a 9.8 hundred. They also grabbed Busty Underwood as a QB. Busty became a very successful business man in Dallas (insurance IIRC), bought a vacant lot in Preston Hollow, had a solid glass bedroom, and threw some great parties for Texas/OU, including one in 1977 that he hired Johnny Dee & the Rocket 88s to play in his back yard. Most highly rated TCU recruit was Gene Maye out of Garland in 1965 with Montgomery & Bulaich.
Thank you for keeping Gene Mays' memory alive.

Thank you for keeping Gene Mays' memory alive.

He was the best ever HS OL in Texas (also the opinion of Dave Campbell) I can't imagine Bulaich and Montgomery running behind him. He made Scroggins a star and they were both bigger than Ronnie. Imagine if DKR had signed him, Worster, Chris Gilbert, Ted Koy, Billie Dale, Jim Bertleson with him up front. That Galena Park team he played against was pretty damn good.

An argument can be made that his was the greatest tragedy in Texas HS football.

For what it's worth Larry said to tell you that "he damn sure did catch that ball"

An injury update from TFB...

- QB Maalik Murphy didn't practice on Tuesday and was unable to finish practice on Wednesday, which resulted in QB Arch Manning taking first team snaps, but Murphy is expected to start tomorrow

- OL Christian Jones has a tender ankle and if he can't go, OL Hayden Conner will be moved to RT and OL Cole Hutson will fill in at LG

- DE Ethan Burke is already back practicing after a small procedure, but no word if he'll be able to go

- S Kitan Crawford is described as "doubtful" for tomorrow

I heard that Arch took many of the first team reps during practice before the BYU game.
Probably the same back problems.
At least Arch is getting ready.
Probably a precaution (intentional) to limit Murphy. If so, then no change since last week.

upload_2023-11-5_12-18-16.png

2259F0AA-226F-48ED-80DF-0A57614C9094.jpeg
About that game time, we all know what this outstanding Texas Longhorn said to aggy at the coin toss :argue: and I’m thinking the same against the cockroaches saturday!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back